Pat Forde this morning

If Pat Forde and ESPN can go off of hunches, then I guess I can go with mine. Neither Bo or Turner will be the next coach of Nebraska and some other candidate that we are either talking about right now or one that hasn't emerged is going to be the next coach.

Sorry, no link for this information

Hmmmm - that means that the coach won't be Bo or Turner. Instead, it wll be any coach in the country other than Bo or Turner.

:lol: Sorry - just found it funny.

Here's my 2 cents. TO knows the importance of recruiting. He would have already had Gill in here and out recruiting if he was the one. I'm betting we get an announcement maybe even as early as Sunday. The clock is ticking.

TO does indeed know the importance of recruiting, which makes it a brilliant idea to hold off naming Gill for a few days (if Gill is the selection). This allows TO to name himself Interim Head Coach, go out and visit with the recruits...then name Gill as HC, who can then go out and meet recruits again. Two visits for the price of one, so to speak. It's a great way to manipulate the recruiting rules to get an extra Nebraska visit in to help shore up the class.

If he named Gill immediately, the recruits would only be allowed the one visit by Gill.

Here's my 2 cents. TO knows the importance of recruiting. He would have already had Gill in here and out recruiting if he was the one. I'm betting we get an announcement maybe even as early as Sunday. The clock is ticking.

TO does indeed know the importance of recruiting, which makes it a brilliant idea to hold off naming Gill for a few days (if Gill is the selection). This allows TO to name himself Interim Head Coach, go out and visit with the recruits...then name Gill as HC, who can then go out and meet recruits again. Two visits for the price of one, so to speak. It's a great way to manipulate the recruiting rules to get an extra Nebraska visit in to help shore up the class.

If he named Gill immediately, the recruits would only be allowed the one visit by Gill.

:yeah

That would make good sense. Especially since most people in this state idolize TO. Then it kind of gives us "A God" factor to help impress the kids.

Not necessarily so, Junior. Recruiting one class will not get priority over the decision of hiring a head coach to last 5 - 10 - 15 - 20 years. Clock is ticking, but on Tom's watch. He knows what he is doing.

On ESPN First Take, Pat Forde led off the College FB segment saying that multiple sources have confirmed to him that it's Bo Pelini's job. He said that if it had been Turner Gill, the decision would've been announced already since Buffalo's season is over.

$20 says his "multiple sources" are you, me, and about three or four other people from Huskerboard.

This guy knows nothing. Nobody in our Athletic Department is saying anything to the nitwits at ESPN, so they're just guessing.

I would love for it to be Turner Gill for a number of reasons, but a new reason is so that these airbags are shown to be wrong, wrong, wrong! ! !

I believe the new coach will be Turner Gill and here is why. Back in 1997, when TO hand-selected Frank Solich as his successor, that staff was made up of Nebraska guys; thus ensuring the "legacy" of Nebraska football for the next generation. I believe that from his position as Associate Head Coach, Turner Gill was the heir to the throne when Frank hung up his whistle. What TO didn't plan on was someone like Steve Pedersen systematically dismantling the Husker dynasty.

Hiring Turner would not only right a wrong, but it would set the program back on the course that TO had originally intended. Turner will be the guy and things will get better a lot faster than they would under anyone else, including some of the hot BCS coaches who are being pimped to replace Clownahan.

TO was at Millard North yesterday and met with NU commit Fisher and Thorson who is one of TURNER'S commits. That should tell you that Turner is coming back to Lincoln in some capacity.

:yeah:yeah:yeah

Or TO just wants to invite every kid in Nebraska to come try to walk on at NU, kind of like he said he wanted to do.

Although the idea with the waiting until Buffalo had time to celebrate their season seems like an interesting idea, i think TO would of wanted to make the announcement already if Gill was seriously the guy.. I would in no way mind if Gill game, but i just think he would of been announced immediately.. there would of been no heat on us like there was at Ole Miss or Texas aTm because our only interview and hire is a black coach.. so no worries about that.. so i would just assume that the coach is gonna come from somewhere else.. we know what assuming does, so its not like i know anything there.. it just seems to probably be the case..