A Thought ABout Turner Gill

Ok I think we all agree that Turner Gill is a great guy and a good role model, coach motivator and so on. That being said it would not surprise me in the least if he stayed at Buffalo and finished what he started.

After reading what he said it struck me that he might want to stay there a couple more years and build that program. He might have told TO no, thanks but I need to finish what I started. They gave me a shot at being a head coach and I want to build something here.

Let’s face it, even though it is in the MAC if he can take a doormat program and get bowl eligible next year or maybe better, the next time a coaching job at a bigger BCA school comes open he won’t have the hear he needs more seasoning, isn’t ready or what ever. If he can take a school like Buffalo and make a winner out of the program, he should be able to get any job that comes open, well most any job.

I guess we will see next week when TO gives us THE PLAN!!

This is actually a very possible scenario...... I thnk Turner is very upstanding, and people do feel loyalty to their "first" employer.... especially a school that took a chance on you to lead their program......Gill may very well have told TO that he want to keep building Buffalo..... He has seen the doormat, and if they keep improving (some say they are the favorite to win the MAC next yr), then Gill deserves ALL of the credit.... If he is here, some other coach will get the credit of taking Buffalo to their 1st MAC title or bowl.....

I can easily see Gill wanting to stay for loyalty and personal satisfaction....we all know how committed Gill is to young men.....

Don't believe to an instant that this will be Gill's ONLY chance to coach at NU.....yes, NU might be his dream job..... but regardless of what we all may want, guys like TO, Paterno, Bowden are ALL GONE...... and the days of "revolving door" are here. $$$ is too big in every case.....If guys win, they get offers they just financially can't refuse, and if they do not win, they are gone.....

Whoever coaches at NU will probably be here for 4-8 years....if we aren't winning, he is gone, welcome back Gill if he chooses...... If the new coach takes NU back to the promisedl land, then he will have offers all around the country.... Believe it or not, other jobs may be more attractive to certain people.... If it is Pelini, and he wins, he might have his "own" dream job somewhere else.

Face it, the NU job will open up agian (maybe a few times) before Gill is done coaching..... If he decided to turn down an offer, he will absolutely get another shot someday....and he probably knows this....

If TO was aware of this scenario, then he interview Gill out of respect and love for the man....

If that was truly the case then why did he interview at all? Because TO asked him to, I don't think he would lead Tom on that way. I think he wants this job and if offered he'll take it. This would be his dream job, IMO.

hskrmama do you shop and not buy anything - I know my wife does -- spends hours and hours - a gril thing I know. :lol:

He might have just been shopin!! :lol:

Don't get me wrong I think he would be a great hire I was just bored at work today and thought I would share my boring thought with yall :thumbs

The thought is possible, but as everyone points out numerous Gill threads "it's Buffalo".

He will gobble up the NU job in a NY minute. TO has hinted the turnaround here (mess we are facing) will not be overnight. It will take some time. Signs are pointing to the obvious. I think at least.

The thought is possible, but as everyone points out numerous Gill threads "it's Buffalo".

He will gobble up the NU job in a NY minute. TO has hinted the turnaround here (mess we are facing) will not be overnight. It will take some time. Signs are pointing to the obvious. I think at least.

T.O. is not coming back to coach. :)

T.O. is not coming back to coach. :)

Ahhh.. In a simple world, that my friend would be fun to watch and enjoy. ;)

Two problems with Gill staying at Buffalo, 1/10th the money and the turnaround could hit a wall. Turners total salary is about $185,000. At NU with shoe contracts, TV show and the car dealers and furniture stores TG could pimp for, he would make $1.8 mil easily. Let's say he knows he is on course to get Buffalo to a 9 win season, something out of his control could muck it up. Assistants or players doing no-no's with the NCAA and it could all go up in smoke. Assuming he has the offer for the big payday, he would be silly not to take it. And it is his school no less. No assurances that it will be there for the taking later.

Two problems with Gill staying at Buffalo, 1/10th the money and the turnaround could hit a wall. Turners total salary is about $185,000. At NU with shoe contracts, TV show and the car dealers and furniture stores TG could pimp for, he would make $1.8 mil easily. Let's say he knows he is on course to get Buffalo to a 9 win season, something out of his control could muck it up. Assistants or players doing no-no's with the NCAA and it could all go up in smoke. Assuming he has the offer for the big payday, he would be silly not to take it. And it is his school no less. No assurances that it will be there for the taking later.

"pimp for" ? what the hell kind of comment is that? :wtf

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

I've seen Buffalo and Ive seen the campus and we are not talking about Kaput State in Yahoo USA.

Goog city, hard working people, a bit like us, and a beautiful campus. Stranger things have happened.

...T_O_B

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez