Pelini Hired as coach

Bo Pelini will coach his last game at LSU tomorrow and will announce at a press conference the next days that he will not be coaching the bowl game. He will start Monday as the new coach. Confirming what ESPN said. Not sure when ESPN said this but I got a call at 8:50 Lincoln time.

Best of luck 'huskers with your new coach.

Texas Aggie

Bo Pelini will coach his last game at LSU tomorrow and will announce at a press conference the next days that he will not be coaching the bowl game. He will start Monday as the new coach. Confirming what ESPN said. Not sure when ESPN said this but I got a call at 8:50 Lincoln time.

Mission accomplished, IBR--you got another Solich.

Then don't read it. Take it for what it's worth. Some people here might be happy to know that I heard the same thing ESPN reported. I didn't even know ESPN reported it when I went on here.

Don't read it if you don't want to. And bash me if you want I don't care either way.

I also can give you the contract details and also which assistants he already said he would keep but you would shout BS anyway.

Best of luck haters. I won't bash you for your great views of BC rules and IBR is dumb.

No hater here but I have to say this is a little late. You either knew something or got lucky on the first couple. Then all of Husker Nation waited with baited breath for the next IBR report. Then that last prediction didn't quite pan out.

IBR you have a short window to redeem yourself (if you want, you may not give a flying duck) by revealing the information that you claim in your post above. Give us the contract details, who stays, and who goes. If it comes true you are once again IBR "Big Red Nostradamus" if not you are no different than any of the other tools putting BS rumors out there.

That's my chalenge IBR!

SUPERBUNNY

No hater here either but as SB stated, you have a shot at redemption if you can nail the contract details with who stays and who goes.....today, prior to any media announcements.

Why is everyone so irate that things didn't go exactly the way that his booster friend was trying to make them go? That's what happens when you have a variable that you can't control for (TO) before he's even taken the job. They thought they could just tell the new AD how things were going to go and he would move things that way. It turns out that the boosters were wrong-- whoopty doo.

When you report things as "This is FACT" and "BANK IT", you are no longer reporting rumors that you heard, you are reporting these things as factual events that will happen. Is it any wonder that he gets sh#t for this? The world wouldn't be right if he didn't.

Holy crap...why don't y'all chill the f out. Sheesh...we been gettin' rumors all day, every day for the past...what...6-8 weeks. Some'll turn out to be true...some won't. Personally, I'm having fun just readin' them. Your all a bunch of liars if you say different. Otherwise...why would you be here reading them?? I especially like knapplc's (sp?)...very creative...had me goin' for a few minutes even. Funny how you're more apt to believe the rumors that you want to be true...

The creative and funny ones have been great. I thought the Salt-Water Aquarium guy was fantastically obscure.

I'm sure glad this board doesn't stoop to the same trashy level the LSU board does. :sarcasm

People really need to chill out. My recollection, right or wrong, is that IBR said that Pederson was out and TO was in as acting AD before anything went public... The Pederson call could have been luck, the TO information couldn't have been coincidence in my opinion. So his source isn't 100% accurate, life sucks sometimes, doesn't it? Until it's announced by TO, it's still possible for plans to change.

Holy crap...why don't y'all chill the f out. Sheesh...we been gettin' rumors all day, every day for the past...what...6-8 weeks. Some'll turn out to be true...some won't. Personally, I'm having fun just readin' them. Your all a bunch of liars if you say different. Otherwise...why would you be here reading them?? I especially like knapplc's (sp?)...very creative...had me goin' for a few minutes even. Funny how you're more apt to believe the rumors that you want to be true...

The creative and funny ones have been great. I thought the Salt-Water Aquarium guy was fantastically obscure.

I'm sure glad this board doesn't stoop to the same trashy level the LSU board does. :sarcasm

People really need to chill out. My recollection, right or wrong, is that IBR said that Pederson was out and TO was in as acting AD before anything went public... The Pederson call could have been luck, the TO information couldn't have been coincidence in my opinion. So his source isn't 100% accurate, life sucks sometimes, doesn't it? Until it's announced by TO, it's still possible for plans to change.

I honestly believe that IBR has been privy to real information. He has been in contact with those folks that have been working for four years to atone for Solich's firing. It makes sense. Hiring Osborne exacted revenge upon Peterson for firing Solich; Osborne got his retribution by firing Callahan; he follows up by designating yet another former assistant NU coach that has little chance of exceeding his own accomplishments. Note that Osborne seems to have a problem with hiring head coaches that have established their own credentials.

Even "nice" guys can be very conspiratorial at times.

This has all the appearance of another Solich hiring. Too fast, not enough of a search. I think that the "search" was a scam, and that Pellini was the designated heir-apparent from the beginning. That's the only reason that Osborne slithered back into the picture.

Then again, I see conspiracies everywhere.

Don't let your emotions get the best of you if you don't want Bo to be coach, degrading posters that say he will be coach is not very smart. I like Gill or Bo, and would be happy with either one. Gill has something good going on let him finish it.

The goal here overall is for Nebrsaka to have success, and I believe Bo is the guy that can bring it.

For those of you who wanted Gill, don't be so selfish, get behind the rest of the state and support Bo and the players now. :restore

I honestly believe that IBR has been privy to real information. He has been in contact with those folks that have been working for four years to atone for Solich's firing. It makes sense. Hiring Osborne exacted revenge upon Peterson for firing Solich; Osborne got his retribution by firing Callahan; he follows up by designating yet another former assistant NU coach that has little chance of exceeding his own accomplishments. Note that Osborne seems to have a problem with hiring head coaches that have established their own credentials.

This has all the appearance of another Solich hiring. Too fast, not enough of a search. I think that the "search" was a scam, and that Pellini was the designated heir-apparent from the beginning. That's the only reason that Osborne slithered back into the picture.

That might have been the single stupidest thing I've ever read. Congratulations. I'm not shocked often, but your ignorance is absoultey astounding.

Now go look for building 7 behind the grassy knoll.

X

Best of luck 'huskers with your new coach.

Texas Aggie

Hey, thanks, bud. Just keep beating Texas down there!

That might have been the single stupidest thing I've ever read. Congratulations. I'm not shocked often, but your ignorance is absoultey astounding.

Now go look for building 7 behind the grassy knoll.

X

Admit it, though . . . I have not altered any facts, and the timeline is correct. I only draw different conclusions than you. I admit that it may seem preposterous to some, but I have come across many preposterous things in my many years. The NU boosters run this program, don't think any differently. And--this is the key--they have lots of money, but they aren't all that bright.

Would you like to go to the Woodshed now Glendower? I'd hate to have to show you up! You sir are the reason Abortion is legal!!!

Glendower may I offer you some TP to whipe IBR's crap off your nose? Kiss his butt a little more why don't you!!!

Don't be a twit. I'd take the side of fairness if people were attacking you for no reason, too, regardless of your douchiness.

You are the biggest cry baby I have ever seen. You sure like attacking people, but as soon as someone says, "Be reasonable" you act like someone personally attacked you. Read what I wrote-- it was just a possible explanation about why he could have been wrong. Of course, that doesn't address the symptom of your pathology which is that you are so offended that he was wrong. I understand if you were sick of all of the people sucking up to him at the time, but that's hardly his fault. You just need to relax and get a grip and stop being so personally offended by things on message boards.

edit: And I didn't say you were a douche, I was speaking hypothetically (note the subjunctive tense).

bo penili does look to be the next coach-

bo penili -next nu coach article