NC fired their Head Coach, and when this happens, usually most if not all of the staff is replaced....just as it will probably be here..... He was an assistant who's fate was sealed by his HC......kind of like Watson this year......who, I hope Bo gives a chance to stay.

Why is MS no longer at NC?

Butch Davis wanted his own guy. Ironically, John Blake is Butch's asst. HC. :lol:

How bout Marvin as co-DC with Monte Kiffin? Give Kiffin a one or two year contract to help Marvin build a great defense. Tampa Bay will probably not renew Kiffins contract at the end of the season.

Then Kiffin can retire as a Husker.

If my short term memory serves me correct, headcoach + old defensive buddy = bad, bad, bad combo. Deja Vu.

The difference between that and now would be that callahan just basically handed off the defense to coz and let him go crazy. Pellini would likely take an active role in the defense.

I think it's more important that he find a good OC...and if the offense struggles, that he have the stones to fire the OC and get a new one.

How about this? If Bo and he get along and have a good give and take, Bo could actually conceive the defenses and Marvin would carry them out. Bo wouldn't totally stay away from the D, would he?

callahan and watson.

i'm just sayin'.