Pelini says yes and talks to 2 assistants

There are way more people involved in this anti-IBR circle-jerk than there are defending him. And the only "defending" consists of, "He got X and Y right, and maybe he got the other stuff wrong because of Z." The only reason that I've said anything in his "defense" is because the AIBRCJ acts like he's gotten everything wrong when that is clearly not the case. Yeah, maybe he was just pulling stuff out of his arse and happened to land some pretty big... um... fish, I guess. I don't know.

Do you have any idea how easy it is to confirm something that has been reported elsewhere first? He may have an insider(I highly doubt it), but it is very easy to post sh#t on the internet pulling it out of your ass, sound pretty convincing and say that you have inside information. I know this has been done before and will probably be done again in the future. The only thing worse than a self-proclaimed prophet is a phoney self-proclaimed prophet. The information that he "broke" was elsewhere first(check out the pay sites) and the rest of it was bs. If he really had an insider, he wouldn't have taken his ball and went home when someone questioned his sources and the truthfulness of his posts. That just screams "bullsh#t."

Yeah, disappearing the way he did seems kind of strange to say the least, and it was probably a bad idea to tell everyone to take his claims to the bank, that's for sure. I don't remember seeing the TO stuff announced elsewhere before he said it on here, but what can you do>

There are way more people involved in this anti-IBR circle-jerk than there are defending him. And the only "defending" consists of, "He got X and Y right, and maybe he got the other stuff wrong because of Z." The only reason that I've said anything in his "defense" is because the AIBRCJ acts like he's gotten everything wrong when that is clearly not the case. Yeah, maybe he was just pulling stuff out of his arse and happened to land some pretty big... um... fish, I guess. I don't know.

The reason I accept that he had some contacts on the in side is that I didn't think that TO would take the job. Based on what I've heard from people who are close to him/the program regarding why he retired in the first place, I assumed that the forces that pushed him to retire would be brought to bear again if he tried to get involved in NU athletics... I was surprised... though, after running for congress and gov., I suppose that the wifely forces might not mind his having a high-level university position.

In the 80's and 90's it was always reported that Osborne after he retired wanted to become AD just like Bob Devaney did before him. It didn't take a genius or anyone with inside knowledge to figure out who would have been asked to take the job in the middle of the school year.