Pelini says yes and talks to 2 assistants

Bo Pelini accepted the NU job as we all know. Also, if you doubters want to hate on this info go ahead, but Gil will be the OC (at least has been offered but he is thinking about tryint to get a better head job) and although Mike Stoops will not be fired from U0fA he was offered the Defensive coordinator job and will definitely accept if UofA loses and will probably still accept even if they win.

FYI

curious who will accuse me of stealing this from another source cause it's not being reported anywhere right now. This is from insidee the athletic dept of UofA

Bo Pelini accepted the NU job as we all know. Also, if you doubters want to hate on this info go ahead, but Gil will be the OC (at least has been offered but he is thinking about tryint to get a better head job) and although Mike Stoops will not be fired from U0fA he was offered the Defensive coordinator job and will definitely accept if UofA loses and will probably still accept even if they win.

FYI

curious who will accuse me of stealing this from another source cause it's not being reported anywhere right now. This is from insidee the athletic dept of UofA

who is Gil? is it short for Gilmore? or short for Gill?

FYI

Yes, two people that are Head Coaches, are now going to come to Nebraska to take lesser jobs. Makes sense to me :sarcasm

Nebraska went from no one wanted to coach here to where they all want to coach and don't care if they are Head Coach.

FYI

Yes, two people that are Head Coaches, are now going to come to Nebraska to take lesser jobs. Makes sense to me :sarcasm

Nebraska went from no one wanted to coach here to where they all want to coach and don't care if they are Head Coach.

Actually the Stoops thing wouldn't suprise me, he's been walking a fine line down here for the past couple of yearsin terms of support. I think we'd be lucky to get him as a DC.

FYI

I thought for sure Stoops saved his job at AU with the win over Oregon. Would he really leave the million dollar job for a 200,000 dollar job. I would be shocked if this happens, but very happy.

FYI

If you understood coaching, which you obviously don't, you would realize that Gill makes chicken feed at a small school and probably needs to go to another small school (like the mac or conference usa) for 3-5 years making a few more peanuts before he even gets considered for a top head job. At NU he will make more money and if he is successful in the next 2-3 years he will be at a top school even better that he would by staying a head coach. Second, Stoops also will make a lot as a DC at NU. His bas salary is again small for a D1 school and he isn't having much success. He will be out of a second chance if he waits to long to start over. He won't take a pay cut and it is obvious he won't be able to win at UofA.

Time will tell. But you are mistaken if you think being a HC at a D2 school is better than a OC at NU. And Stoops will be out of a job next year anyway.

FYI

If those aren't open ended statements then I don't know what is! "Gil will be the OC (at least has been offered but he is thinking about tryint to get a better head job)". There's a "save my own ass if I am wrong" statement there.

Also

"although Mike Stoops will not be fired from U0fA he was offered the Defensive coordinator job and will definitely accept if UofA loses and will probably still accept even if they win."

Another speculation so if he stays at UofA you can save your butt yet again when you are wrong. Do you ever get tired of this stuff?

By the way...How did that "Charlie McBride will become interim HC" and "Bill Callahan is getting fired after the UT game" predictions work out for ya?

I could possibly see the Gill thing. I would hardly expect it since he another solid year at Buffalo away from a BCS-HC job. It is still a possibility he could get a promotion this year. But he has strong Neb-ties. I doubt it but I wouldn't rule it out.

Stoops I could see if he was getting canned. But giving-up his HC job to DC here? I just can't see it.

FYI

Actually the Stoops thing wouldn't suprise me, he's been walking a fine line down here for the past couple of yearsin terms of support. I think we'd be lucky to get him as a DC.

Maybe with the Stoops boys and Pelini at NU and OU we will all merge into one super team like the Packers under Lombardi.

FYI

If those aren't open ended statements then I don't know what is! "Gil will be the OC (at least has been offered but he is thinking about tryint to get a better head job)". There's a "save my own ass if I am wrong" statement there.

Also

"although Mike Stoops will not be fired from U0fA he was offered the Defensive coordinator job and will definitely accept if UofA loses and will probably still accept even if they win.

" Another speculation so if he stays at UofA you can save your butt yet again when you are wrong. Do you ever get tired of this stuff?

By the way...How did that "Charlie McBride will become interim HC" and Bill "getting fired after the UT game" predictions work out for ya?

Well it says Gill will be here unless by some miracle he gets a great HC offer in the next week which is very unlikely. And Stoops is almost certainly coming. If UofA loses, which they most likely will then he will be here. These are both not obsolutes but they are not open ended either.