Pelini says yes and talks to 2 assistants

If you understood coaching, which you obviously don't, you would realize that Gill makes chicken feed at a small school and probably needs to go to another small school (like the mac or conference usa) for 3-5 years making a few more peanuts before he even gets considered for a top head job. At NU he will make more money and if he is successful in the next 2-3 years he will be at a top school even better that he would by staying a head coach. Second, Stoops also will make a lot as a DC at NU. His bas salary is again small for a D1 school and he isn't having much success. He will be out of a second chance if he waits to long to start over. He won't take a pay cut and it is obvious he won't be able to win at UofA.

Time will tell. But you are mistaken if you think being a HC at a D2 school is better than a OC at NU. And Stoops will be out of a job next year anyway.

Well your mistaken if you think turning around a small program isn't beneficial to his coaching stock.

He will raise more eyes turning around Buffalo then being a OC at NU. The question always arises about coordinators "Their not proven" "no HC experience" "can they handle the day to day ops the position requires"

The Urban Meyer's (from the MAC)Paul Johnson's, Brian Kelly's, Jim Leavitt's, Gary Pinkel's (also from the MAC)have all turned around poor to mediocre programs and in Urbans and Pinkels case have moved on to bigger and better things, and they did it as HC's not OC's. And if TO had the opportunity he should have selected one of the above.

Also according to ESPN Gill may already be considering the WA St. job

True and they didn't coach at Buffalol to get promoted. Gill needs another job before he gets a D1 solid job. So my point was is it to be a OC at NU or would you go to another program for 3-5 years and try it that way? You can get their either way but not directly from Buffalo. Being a MAC coach is a great gig but it means another 3-5 years and he hasn't been offered those jobs anyway! If he is offered Wazzu he should take it. And, FYI most D1 head coaches (about 78%) were coordinators before they were hired or NFL coaches, not Head coaches elsewhere.

Being the OC at a Nebraska is a better gig than being the head coach at a Buffalo, without question.

I think Hack may be on to something with the thought that Turner is busy building something at Buffalo - maybe he wants to see that through before moving on. The man has great integrity, that's for certain.

Maybe he gets more money but it isn't a good career move if he wants to be kept in the head coach circle of progress. If he doesn't get offered the HC job at NU or any other BCS school then it is probably better to just stay put. The man has already shown he has head coach potential why diminish that by going back to a coordinator gig? You go down when you get canned not the other way around.

Amazing how brilliant some of you guys who were shouting the brilliance of Cally and Co 3 months ago are now experts on coaches.

It's about as amazing as your "Nostradamus" predictons of Charlie McBride becoming interim HC and BC getting fired after the UT game. Those babies were sure spot on ! :LOLtartar

:rollin:rollin:rollin IBR emerges from his dungeon after the predictions gone wrong!

Being the OC at a Nebraska is a better gig than being the head coach at a Buffalo, without question.

I think Hack may be on to something with the thought that Turner is busy building something at Buffalo - maybe he wants to see that through before moving on. The man has great integrity, that's for certain.

Maybe he gets more money but it isn't a good career move if he wants to be kept in the head coach circle of progress. If he doesn't get offered the HC job at NU or any other BCS school then it is probably better to just stay put. The man has already shown he has head coach potential why diminish that by going back to a coordinator gig? You go down when you get canned not the other way around.

The question you have to ask is which school is more "high profile," Buffalo or Nebraska? NU is so much more of a spotlight program that if he excels there he'll be more in the national consciousness than if he stayed at Buffalo, a non-BCS school.

True and they didn't coach at Buffalol to get promoted. Gill needs another job before he gets a D1 solid job. So my point was is it to be a OC at NU or would you go to another program for 3-5 years and try it that way? You can get their either way but not directly from Buffalo. Being a MAC coach is a great gig but it means another 3-5 years and he hasn't been offered those jobs anyway! If he is offered Wazzu he should take it. And, FYI most D1 head coaches (about 78%) were coordinators before they were hired or NFL coaches, not Head coaches elsewhere.

Well Toledo, and Bowling Green were pretty dam close to Buffalo. I disagree that he can't get there from Buffalo. If you can recruit, develop, motivate, and win at Buffalo you can anywhere and that is the number one factor AD's are looking for.

Well I'm calling you out on that stat that says 78% of D-1 HC's were OC's.Post the info

Traditionally it was that way but the current trend in CFB has been promoting D-1AA coaches and successful coaches from low tier D-1 schools.

It is kinda funny to me that before anyone knew what was going on I stated that Pud would be fired, TO as interim AD and Pelini as HC. That was before there was even a press conference announced that PUD was going to be fired. Short memories ladies. I don't want credit or praise but again some guys feel the need to bash and I am just giving you info I heard from a UofA athletic dept official this morning.

This is true, IBR has a good ear

The question you have to ask is which school is more "high profile," Buffalo or Nebraska? NU is so much more of a spotlight program that if he excels there he'll be more in the national consciousness than if he stayed at Buffalo, a non-BCS school.

An OC posistion at Nebraska is not going to merit more in an interview then an actual head coaching job even at Buffalo. If Turner goes to Nebraska as an OC and they basically score as many points per game as last season, no one is going to jump off a cliff to get him. If Turner adds a couple of more wins next year then there could be several schools that might have interest in him. I wouldn't be surprised the way things are going that he doesn't end up with an offer this season. AD's want to know if you can lead a program not if you know what play to pick on 3rd and 4.

An OC posistion at Nebraska is not going to merit more in an interview then an actual head coaching job even at Buffalo. If Turner goes to Nebraska as an OC and they basically score as many points per game as last season, no one is going to jump off a cliff to get him. If Turner adds a couple of more wins next year then there could be several schools that might have interest in him. I wouldn't be surprised the way things are going that he doesn't end up with an offer this season. AD's want to know if you can lead a program not if you know what play to pick on 3rd and 4.

You probably know this, but just to be clear I'm not only talking about a Coordinator position at Nebraska - I'm talking about OC/DC positions at any major BCS school.

I guess where I'm coming from is it seems to me that there have been a lot of Coordinators from schools like this making the jump to HC positions across the nation, and to me it seems like there have been more OC/DC's doing this than HC's from Buffalo-like schools.

That could just be a matter of perception though - I'm going on a "feeling" here, not any hard facts.

So there you go. Either way, Turner or Bo, I think we'll be fine at HC. I would love to have Turner "come home," but I'm sure I'll understand TO's reasoning when he explains it all Monday at the presser.

If you understood coaching, which you obviously don't, you would realize that Gill makes chicken feed at a small school and probably needs to go to another small school (like the mac or conference usa) for 3-5 years making a few more peanuts before he even gets considered for a top head job. At NU he will make more money and if he is successful in the next 2-3 years he will be at a top school even better that he would by staying a head coach. Second, Stoops also will make a lot as a DC at NU. His bas salary is again small for a D1 school and he isn't having much success. He will be out of a second chance if he waits to long to start over. He won't take a pay cut and it is obvious he won't be able to win at UofA.

Time will tell. But you are mistaken if you think being a HC at a D2 school is better than a OC at NU. And Stoops will be out of a job next year anyway.

There's no need to be condescending.

I assume you mean everyone and not just me right MOD.

Anyway, I like your quote on the bottom but you forgot to update it when TO said at the firing of BC press conference that others were in fact in contact with other coaches and they were developing a list of candidates. TO just didn't want to hear about them until after the season. Also, he said that after the KS game the writing was on the wall and it was time to make a change somewhere. And then after CU he decided tha BC needed to be fired. SO it appears he did have some thoughts prior to the end of the season. Your quote needs to be ammended.

Thanks for sharing.

And yes I do mean everyone, however you have quite the history of being condescending.