well here are my feelings. ther is a lot about bo combined with our situation that scare me. his temper worries me. his lack of HC experience scares me. his familiarity with the program scares me(he was only hear a year, cally didnt get it after 4 years) reports say he doesnt like to recruit. I would have preferred a more sure thing as a coach.

but If TO handselected him, and was so confident to hire him after just few interviews..... thats all I need to know

well hear are my feelings. ther is a lot about bo combined with our situation that scare me. his temper worries me. his lack of HC experience scares me. his familiarity with the program scares me(he was only hear a year, cally didnt get it after 4 years) reports say he doesnt like to recruit. I would have preferred a more sure thing as a coach.

but If TO handselected him, and was so confident to hire him after just few interviews..... thats all I need to know

Im right there with you. If Dr Tom hand picked them then i half to believe in what he chooses. Wheather we think hes the best man for the job or not is not our call. Weve never coached at nebraska

Ben

Wheather we think hes the best man for the job or not is not our call. Weve never coached at nebraska

Ben

AMEN!

:woo:clap

I think the fans somehow get the impression that we somehow have to approve. Ultimately - by choosing to buy tickets & support the program, I guess we do get a vote of sorts collectively. It's TO's choice - and I for one trust his knowledge of the subject much more than I trust mine. So let's all just enjoy the ride...Bo will be fine.

Wheather we think hes the best man for the job or not is not our call. Weve never coached at nebraska

Ben

AMEN!

:woo:clap

I think the fans somehow get the impression that we somehow have to approve. Ultimately - by choosing to buy tickets & support the program, I guess we do get a vote of sorts collectively. It's TO's choice - and I for one trust his knowledge of the subject much more than I trust mine. So let's all just enjoy the ride...Bo will be fine.

At least let's not go throwing him under the bus before he even gets started

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

When I came home from Viet Nam I had no direction, no path to take.

I sat with my family and those close to me on Thanksgiving Day 1971.

On that day I became Red to the Bone. The Huskers had captured my heart.

Davaney became AD and TO was HC.

Lots of grumbling ensued. Was Ozzie Bob, no way. Did fans call for his firing, oh my yes.

What did we do? We did what we, hard headed, stuborn, rock solid people of the mid-west do. We stuck with him and he gave us the most incredible 25 year run that there has ever been in college football.

Now its Bo Peleni's turn. Did we hit a glitch with the last two guys, sure yeah. We expected too much from Frank and Bill never caqught on. Now its Bo's turn. Just do it Coach, We are the Huskers, we are the Blackshirts, and we are HUSKER FAMILY.

>>>T_O_B

GBR_GBR_GBR_GBR_GBR_GBR_GBR_GBR_GBR_GBR_GBR_GBR_GBR

well here are my feelings. ther is a lot about bo combined with our situation that scare me. his temper worries me. his lack of HC experience scares me. his familiarity with the program scares me(he was only hear a year, cally didnt get it after 4 years) reports say he doesnt like to recruit. I would have preferred a more sure thing as a coach.

Anyone who enjoys negativity is welcomed to join RSS. :corndance:corndance:corndance:corndance

Bo is still a young man and isn't it possible that he has matured in four years?

I don't know why people seem to think Bo is this hot head who will blow at any minute.

Also, I'm of the mindset that having someone who knows something about Nebraska and appreciates it is very important, but I also think it's good to have someone who has learned from others. I'd bet anything that had Solich left the program for say Ohio for four or five years and then got the job when Tom retired, that Solich would have been a better coach and I'll bet he would agree with that.

well hear are my feelings. ther is a lot about bo combined with our situation that scare me. his temper worries me. his lack of HC experience scares me. his familiarity with the program scares me(he was only hear a year, cally didnt get it after 4 years) reports say he doesnt like to recruit. I would have preferred a more sure thing as a coach.

Im right there with you. If Dr Tom hand picked them then i half to believe in what he chooses. Wheather we think hes the best man for the job or not is not our call. Weve never coached at nebraska

Ben

But did Dr. tom handpick him because his choices from which to pick were limited? And also people, remember that TO hand picked Frank Solich and that well....

Ben

But did Dr. tom handpick him because his choices from which to pick were limited? And also people, remember that TO hand picked Frank Solich and that well....

I dont think solich was a bad hire. I posted this in another thread. you can try to say he is, but the #'s strongly disagree with that. and as for the "limited # of picks" I dont think that was the case, and if it was, we were screwed anyway. we couldnt keep cally, so we take the best replacement we can find.......

I dont buy that we didnt have a lot of choices.

I would have preferred a more sure thing as a coach.

I definitely understand your point, but I think that it is a little hard to get the sure thing in college football. I can think of two ways that can happen. One is if you get a proven head coach that is an alum at your school -- like almost happened with Les Miles going back to Michigan. The other way is if you hire a mercenary like Nick Saban, who won't give you a drop of loyalty and will leave as soon as someone else offers him more money.

You can't really control whether you have the option to get a proven commodity via the first method. I certainly don't think there is anyone out there who is a sure thing that is dying to be the Nebraska HC. And I don't think we want a mercenary like Nick Saban who will sell us out at his first opportunity.

So that leaves us with choosing the best up and comer we can find. I think Pelini is as good as anyone in that category. Sure there were some guys that have had success as a head coach at D1 schools we could have gotten, but none of them were sure things in terms of the kind of success we are looking for.

Just remember, Tom Osborne wasn't a sure thing when he was hired either.

I would have preferred a more sure thing as a coach.

I definitely understand your point, but I think that it is a little hard to get the sure thing in college football. I can think of two ways that can happen. One is if you get a proven head coach that is an alum at your school -- like almost happened with Les Miles going back to Michigan. The other way is if you hire a mercenary like Nick Saban, who won't give you a drop of loyalty and will leave as soon as someone else offers him more money.

You can't really control whether you have the option to get a proven commodity via the first method. I certainly don't think there is anyone out there who is a sure thing that is dying to be the Nebraska HC. And I don't think we want a mercenary like Nick Saban who will sell us out at his first opportunity.

So that leaves us with choosing the best up and comer we can find. I think Pelini is as good as anyone in that category. Sure there were some guys that have had success as a head coach at D1 schools we could have gotten, but none of them were sure things in terms of the kind of success we are looking for.

Just remember, Tom Osborne wasn't a sure thing when he was hired either.

Franchione was supposedly a slam dunk when he was hired by A&M, and he didn't pan out all that well. When Pete Carroll was hired by USC, he wasn't a slam dunk. He was an unsuccesful NFL coach who USC took a chance on, and it paid off. Bob Stoops wasn't a slam dunk either, and he didn't have any experience as a HC. However, it would be hard to argue with his success. In college football along with pro football, there are no slam dunks. Each and every hire is a gamble.