The BCS just plain sucks

jb61264

I always hated the BCS and now they've affirmed my hatred for this ridiculous determination of the best college football team in the country.

Missouri was completely PUNKED by the BCS....Kansas with a schedule strength of 100+ gets to the Orange Bowl over Missouri with a schedule strength of 20 something and only two losses (to the same team)...OMG, I'm sure there is a complete meltdown going on in Columbia right about now

I always hated the BCS and now they've affirmed my hatred for this ridiculous determination of the best college football team in the country.

Missouri was completely PUNKED by the BCS....Kansas with a schedule strength of 100+ gets to the Orange Bowl over Missouri with a schedule strength of 20 something and only two losses (to the same team)...OMG, I'm sure there is a complete meltdown going on in Columbia right about now

Since when does a team that loses in the conference championship game supposed to go to a BCS bowl? I remember a few times Nebraska lost that game and never got invited.

If your going to be mad at the BCS for who they picked to play in the NC game I could understand, but the BCS has no control on who the bowl repersenatives invite to their bowl.

KU should not be in a BCS game....if the BCS has all of these numbers to look at to decide, how can a team that beat only one ranked opponent (KSUcks #24...who we put up 70+), had one of the easiest schedules (109 I believe), and lost to Missery be put into a BCS game?

I can't stand Missery, but they got screwed this year. I hope KU gets throttled...even though they are from the Big XII, I still don't think it is right they are there.

Erik Ainge did his best Joe Dailey impersonation, doing everything he could to not beat LSU. Those INTs were point blank bad throws. So the Tigers win and they get the championship game. Wow.

If the other teams had done what they were supposed to do, Ohio State would not have sneaked in, and LSU - who just lost to Arkansas the week before, would not be in.

BCS sucks, but's it's been a wild season from start to finish.

So if there were an 8 team playoff, who would be you guys teams and match ups???

Good question...

Mine would look something like this--

#1 Ohio State

#8 Hawai'i

#3 VaTech

#6 USC

#4 Oklahoma

#5 Georgia

#2 LSU

#7 West Virginia

Just went by todays BCS Ratings and took out Kansas and Missouri and put in Hawai'i and West Virginia.

Six BCS Conference champs, and then two wild cards...

No real reason for the wild cards. Just think that's how I'd like it to be.

I'm sure you Husker fans all think you deserved to play in the 2001 National Championship???

Same sh#t... different year.

Actually we all know that our team sucked this year and doesn't even deserve to be ushers or waterboys for a bowl game.

But we also know the Big 12 North got screwed and Ohio State should NOT be in the NC game.

Conferences without a championship game (that don't all play each other every year) should always have to play in the Wal-Mart "Low Prices" Bowl.

The pollsters dropped Kansas, and then tried to cover it up by putting them in a BCS game. That's crap. LSU jumps from 7th in BCS to 2nd by beating a 9-3 Tennessee team? That's more crap. In fact, over their past seven games, the Tigers were 5-2. Crap Crap Crap.

Georgia won their last 6 games, while other teams lost. So they move up. Then the final BCS standings come out, and they drop from 4th to 5th. Can you imagine if you are a Bulldog fan or player?

BCS Standings

Week 13

1. Mizzou (lost to OU)

2. West Virginia (lost to Pitt)

3. Ohio State (last played Nov 17)

4. Georgia (season over)

5. Kansas (season over)

6. Virginia Tech (beat Boston College)

BCS Standings

Week 14 Final

1. Ohio State

2. LSU

3. Virgina Tech

4. Oklahoma

5. Georgia

6. Missouri

Technically it should be Ohio State vs Georgia. I think the best team out there is OU. They lost to CU on a last second field goal. They lost to Texas Tech without their starting QB, and some Red Raider home cooking calls.

The pollsters dropped Kansas, and then tried to cover it up by putting them in a BCS game. That's crap. LSU jumps from 7th in BCS to 2nd by beating a 9-3 Tennessee team? That's more crap. In fact, over their past seven games, the Tigers were 5-2. Crap Crap Crap.

Georgia won their last 6 games, while other teams lost. So they move up. Then the final BCS standings come out, and they drop from 4th to 5th. Can you imagine if you are a Bulldog fan or player?

BCS Standings

Week 13

1. Mizzou (lost to OU)

2. West Virginia (lost to Pitt)

3. Ohio State (last played Nov 17)

4. Georgia (season over)

5. Kansas (season over)

6. Virginia Tech (beat Boston College)

BCS Standings

Week 14 Final

1. Ohio State

2. LSU

3. Virgina Tech

4. Oklahoma

5. Georgia

6. Missouri

Technically it should be Ohio State vs Georgia. I think the best team out there is OU. They lost to CU on a last second field goal. They lost to Texas Tech without their starting QB, and some Red Raider home cooking calls.

You get right down to it , the NC game should be Oklahoma Vs USC. Those are the teams playing the best football right now. Yes I know LSU won the SEC, they also lost late. Georgia peaked at the right time too, so they're a better choice than LSU. Ohio State? You have got to be kidding me.... Maybe if they actually played a D1 team once in a while instead of a series of bye weeks.

And as much I love the idea of Mizzou fans crying their eyes out over this, KU doesn't deserve to be there. Tigers got ripped off.

Nobody should be in the title game. There are teams playing for a national title, just because, for no real apparent reason.

If you can make a case, for or against any team in the TOP 12, then you need a frickin playoff system. This is the first time that I've ever felt that NO TEAM deserves a national championship and it's because of this frickin system.