I wish Bo Pelini was black!

At the turn of the century (the last one, not this one) or maybe in the late 19th C. Italians were the 2nd most lynched "race" in the US. They had darker skin, were foreign, you can see how (White) people would be confused... So maybe, if you consider racial identity to be discursively constructed, then, maybe, somewhere back down the Pelini family tree, there were people whose experiences would have more closely mirrored those of African-Americans of the time more than they would have reflected the experiences of your average White American or Germanic settler. :D

(Yes, I'm being somewhat snarky ;) But I also think that this is one of the most important aspects of "race")

Oh, and don't forget that most awesome scene between Dennis Hopper and Christopher Walken in "True Romance." :)

"You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you." -- that's not the part I'm talking about, but it's in the same scene and is a totally kick ass line, anyway ;)

PING!!

PS - she even let slip what neck of the woods she hangs out in. That bill is on its way! =D

:thumbs

Good luck finding me here, I'll be frozen before it gets here. Yep I know what info you have, hmmm, nobody on the internet ever lies do they???????????

Chances are he is already outside of your house watching your every move.

Theres no getting out now. Once you get billed... it's over. I've been his slave for over a year.

Oh crap, here comes his "boys"! I better get back to work...

Well you've gotten beaten by the man, but not me, they'll never take me alive!

At the turn of the century (the last one, not this one) or maybe in the late 19th C. Italians were the 2nd most lynched "race" in the US. They had darker skin, were foreign, you can see how (White) people would be confused... So maybe, if you consider racial identity to be discursively constructed, then, maybe, somewhere back down the Pelini family tree, there were people whose experiences would have more closely mirrored those of African-Americans of the time more than they would have reflected the experiences of your average White American or Germanic settler. :D

(Yes, I'm being somewhat snarky ;) But I also think that this is one of the most important aspects of "race")

Now I happen to think the most important aspect of a "race", is that you run it hard and if you don't win, congratulate the victor. :sarcasm

Yes I'm being sarcastic, I understand what you said, I just don't think people should look at others with the "race" they are to be classed in. For me and mine, it's the human race and that's includes everyone.

This could be the strangest topic i have ever read. It goes from the BCA and coaches not being interviewed to volleyball and what girls are wearing, then someone stocking another person, to somebody being a slave, something about thongs was in there and then i got a history lesson, with race lesson mixed in...........i mean WOW, this is more educational than school. Maybe my calc teacher wont mind if i skip class so i can learn all these wonderful life lessons on this board.

This could be the strangest topic i have ever read. It goes from the BCA and coaches not being interviewed to volleyball and what girls are wearing, then someone stocking another person, to somebody being a slave, something about thongs was in there and then i got a history lesson, with race lesson mixed in...........i mean WOW, this is more educational than school. Maybe my calc teacher wont mind if i skip class so i can learn all these wonderful life lessons on this board.

Feel free to add some calc discussion. Or does anyone know what the BCA are wearing this year? I hope its not a thong or the Volleyball shorts. Maybe someone can stalk them to find out.

Feel free to add some calc discussion. Or does anyone know what the BCA are wearing this year? I hope its not a thong or the Volleyball shorts. Maybe someone can stalk them to find out.

Look, English lessons too! :lol:

Now I happen to think the most important aspect of a "race", is that you run it hard and if you don't win, congratulate the victor. :sarcasm

Yes I'm being sarcastic, I understand what you said, I just don't think people should look at others with the "race" they are to be classed in. For me and mine, it's the human race and that's includes everyone.

I kinda resent on government forms where they want you to indicate "race" and they don't have "Human" as a choice..I feel like every time I check a box, I'm prolonging some division of races..If I don't leave it blank, I usually just pick "other" (Not knowing beyond a reasonable doubt what I am (doing here on earth).

The only thing I remember about Calculus, is that the area of a circle is a derivative of the circumference ...

2(pie)r as opposed to (pie)r squared..Plus..If you brush your teeth with coke or vinegar, it (calculus) usually comes off pretty easy (along with some enamel).

I kinda resent on government forms where they want you to indicate "race" and they don't have "Human" as a choice..I feel like every time I check a box, I'm prolonging some division of races..If I don't leave it blank, I usually just pick "other" (Not knowing beyond a reasonable doubt what I am (doing here on earth).

A lot of people have problems with that and rightly so!

I can totally understand why Coach Cook might want to go to certain areas of the girls' locker room. The whole reason I became a volleyball fan was because of those bun-hugger shorts they wore!

Then after a couple of years of "watching the matches" I discovered that Coach Pettit & Co. were putting a very good product out there on that court, and I began paying attention to the game, not the girls.

But the girls - yowza!

Those shorts aren't that comfortable to wear. LOL!

Nothing that looks that good usually is comfortable :D