I wish Bo Pelini was black!

The BCA is really upset this year about Texas A&M and Nebraska not choosing a black coach. I read an article from Saturday about the racial issue that is among us. I wish we could please them, but I wanted Pelini. Not because he was white, but because he was the best candidate. I wish Pelini was black, so we could all sleep better.

I'm sleeping just fine.

Mark May on ESPN was singing the praises of Osborne for seriously interviewing Turner Gill. I have not heard one person speak out against Nebraska for the way the search was conducted. Gill had a serious shot, but clearly Pelini was the best choice at this time.

I'm sleeping just fine.

Mark May on ESPN was singing the praises of Osborne for seriously interviewing Turner Gill. I have not heard one person speak out against Nebraska for the way the search was conducted. Gill had a serious shot, but clearly Pelini was the best choice at this time.

That d-bag Harp seems to think it wasnt done right. Maybe he should run a search committee :sarcasm

The BCA is really upset this year about Texas A&M and Nebraska not choosing a black coach. I read an article from Saturday about the racial issue that is among us. I wish we could please them, but I wanted Pelini. Not because he was white, but because he was the best candidate. I wish Pelini was black, so we could all sleep better.

*were* Black ;)

I'm sleeping just fine.

:yeah

To wouldn't hire or not hire someone because of color. Anyone that claims that TO is a racist because he didn't hire a black coach, needs to talk to Turner Gill, he's set them straight.

What does the BCA do? I would be OK with the organization if it main role is to get black assistants on the radar screen and sale their credentials. That could be a great help for black assistants. But I'm not OK if its a Jesse Jackson quota thing.

I like the NFL rule that requires you interview at least one minority candidate for head coaching vacancies. I used to not like it because I don't like the idea of bringing in a coach for an interview when everyone knows he has no chance of getting the job. It's a little demeaning. But its just rediculous how few black coaches there are and I think such a requirement could do a lot of good in getting more good coordinators on the radar.

I don't see the BCA being upset with nebraska http://bcasports.cstv.com/genrel/120207aaa.html Is there another place where the BCA made a comment about the NU position?

Interviewing coaches based on race is idiotic. Who out there really thinks if Tony Dungy decided to move on wouldn't have a ton of teams wanting him? Look at the guy from the Steelers. He's black, but I'm amazed he got the job because of 1) his age 2) what radar could he have possibly been on? He's turned out to be very good. Good coaches no matter what race find good coaching jobs.