I wish Bo Pelini was black!

PING!!

PS - she even let slip what neck of the woods she hangs out in. That bill is on its way! =D

:thumbs

Good luck finding me here, I'll be frozen before it gets here. Yep I know what info you have, hmmm, nobody on the internet ever lies do they???????????

Chances are he is already outside of your house watching your every move.

Theres no getting out now. Once you get billed... it's over. I've been his slave for over a year.

Oh crap, here comes his "boys"! I better get back to work...

I'm sleeping just fine.

Mark May on ESPN was singing the praises of Osborne for seriously interviewing Turner Gill. I have not heard one person speak out against Nebraska for the way the search was conducted. Gill had a serious shot, but clearly Pelini was the best choice at this time.

exactly my feeling on this.. i thought at first the BCA may react harshly for us not hiring TG when he pretty much fit TO's mold.. but then if you think about it.. he was seriously interviewed and seriously considered.. i think it took MORE from TO to NOT hire Gill.. that is part of the reason i think that Bo really will turn out better than a lot of people are giving him the chance to be..

I'm sleeping just fine.

Mark May on ESPN was singing the praises of Osborne for seriously interviewing Turner Gill. I have not heard one person speak out against Nebraska for the way the search was conducted. Gill had a serious shot, but clearly Pelini was the best choice at this time.

exactly my feeling on this.. i thought at first the BCA may react harshly for us not hiring TG when he pretty much fit TO's mold.. but then if you think about it.. he was seriously interviewed and seriously considered.. i think it took MORE from TO to NOT hire Gill.. that is part of the reason i think that Bo really will turn out better than a lot of people are giving him the chance to be..

The BCA didn't say ANYTHING about Gill (that I could find) other than offering some little props for granting an interview. I totally agree with your post, though. That could have been easy to do and says boatloads!

Taken from a previous link on this thread: http://bcasports.cstv.com/genrel/120207aaa.html

When a school announces an opening, the BCA contacts its athletic director and president to offer assistance in the search and to suggest candidates.

"We were contacted by Southern Miss almost simultaneously on the day that we sent information to them, so they did reach out to us," Keith said.

The school's list of candidates includes 33 black assistant coaches the organization feels would be successful head coaches.

Among the most notable are Florida co-defensive coordinator Charlie Strong, UCLA offensive coordinator Jay Norvell, West Virginia offensive coordinator Calvin Magee, Virginia defensive coordinator Mike London and South Carolina defensive coordinator Tyrone Nix.

I can see a reason for bending over backwards in an attempt to right many past wrongs in as quick a way as possible...But I wonder how this BCA can exist without having to promote both (or more) races as possible Head Coaches...Can you imagine the outcry if there was an organization (not underground) that promoted hiring only White Coaches?

And NP..

Something in your post (#70?) got me to thinking about something I heard on the radio this morning

about an MSNBC correspondent insulting monkeys? by calling GWB one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkGHp6urvx0

dkGHp6urvx0

I of course, had to look it up on youtube to better see what the local Rock station was referring to..

Reading some of the comments after the Video..Someone said something to the effect..Bad enough she called our President a Monkey..Imagine the outcry if she had been talking about Barack Obama?

I look forward to a day without double standards, but I doubt it will be any time soon.

Blacks are disproportionately represented in the player ranks and then again at the coaching level (in opposite directions, of course) -- doesn't that seem a bit odd to you? There are a lot of Latino, Samoan, and Asian players as well (though I don't know the percentage breakdowns), but the disparity between Black players: Black HCs and White Players: White HCs is pretty astounding.

And the monkey thing-- that has historically been a slur against blacks and a way of representing them, specifically, as sub-humans. It has different racial overtones than it does when you refer to one particular White person as looking simian.

Do we know for a fact, that Pelini is NOT black? <_<

He is Italian. Most Italians are descended from the Romans. The Roman Empire encompassed a large number of people that included Greeks, Egyptians, Germans, North Africans, Celts, Jews and Syrians, evident by the multi-ethnicity of the Roman emperors, which for centuries prior was ruled only by Romans and Italians until the reign of Septimius Severus in 197 AD. A truely mixed ethnicity.