Greatest percussionist ever thread

"THE DRUMMER FROM DEF LEPPARD ONLY HAS ONE ARM! THE DRUMMER FROM DEF LEPPARD ONLY HAS ONE ARM! THE DRUMMER FROM DEF LEPPARD ONLY HAS ONE ARM! THE DRUMMER FROM DEF LEPPARD ONLY HAS ONE ARM! THE DRUMMER FROM DEF LEPPARD ONLY HAS ONE ARM!" - Jimmy Pop (Bloodhound Gang)

THE DRUMMER FROM DEF LEPPARD IS IN THE TOP 5% OF DRUMMERS EVER! THE DRUMMER FROM DEF LEPPARD IS IN THE TOP 5% OF DRUMMERS EVER! THE DRUMMER FROM DEF LEPPARD IS IN THE TOP 5% OF DRUMMERS EVER!

I get so friggin' sick of people assuming he can't drum only because he doesn't have a left arm. Listen to the song Rocket if you don't believe me.

I am not stating he can't drum, I know he can play. No where in my quote does it state he CAN or CAN'T play. I was just trying to make a joke that was in a song by the Bloodhound Gang. See the quote????? Cool your jets, Boeing.

"THE DRUMMER FROM DEF LEPPARD ONLY HAS ONE ARM! THE DRUMMER FROM DEF LEPPARD ONLY HAS ONE ARM! THE DRUMMER FROM DEF LEPPARD ONLY HAS ONE ARM! THE DRUMMER FROM DEF LEPPARD ONLY HAS ONE ARM! THE DRUMMER FROM DEF LEPPARD ONLY HAS ONE ARM!" - Jimmy Pop (Bloodhound Gang)

THE DRUMMER FROM DEF LEPPARD IS IN THE TOP 5% OF DRUMMERS EVER! THE DRUMMER FROM DEF LEPPARD IS IN THE TOP 5% OF DRUMMERS EVER! THE DRUMMER FROM DEF LEPPARD IS IN THE TOP 5% OF DRUMMERS EVER!

I get so friggin' sick of people assuming he can't drum only because he doesn't have a left arm. Listen to the song Rocket if you don't believe me.

I am not stating he can't drum, I know he can play. No where in my quote does it state he CAN or CAN'T play. I was just trying to make a joke that was in a song by the Bloodhound Gang. See the quote????? Cool your jets, Boeing.

Okay, sorry, I freaked out a little bit. Very few people ever quote that ridiculous song without knocking Rick Allen, and as a lifelong Def Leppard fan I hear it pretty often. Shouldn't have reacted like I did.

Are we cool? :cheers

Okay, sorry, I freaked out a little bit. Very few people ever quote that ridiculous song without knocking Rick Allen, and as a lifelong Def Leppard fan I hear it pretty often. Shouldn't have reacted like I did.

Are we cool? :cheers

:cheers Good with me! :wasted

Neil "FRIGGEN" Peart. By far the best drummer of ALL TIME!

How is it that you and I are the only people pimping Neil Peart? The man is not just awesome, he's a genius!

If we polled drummers I guarantee you Peart is in the top five, probably the top three.

PS - Ringo Starr. That's so cute. I never knew you were a Beatles fan, AR.

Neil "FRIGGEN" Peart. By far the best drummer of ALL TIME!

How is it that you and I are the only people pimping Neil Peart? The man is not just awesome, he's a genius!

If we polled drummers I guarantee you Peart is in the top five, probably the top three.

PS - Ringo Starr. That's so cute. I never knew you were a Beatles fan, AR.

Actually Neil was the 1st one I thought of and I used to try to capture his sound back when I played..

I guess I Just thought it was too obvious (Like SRV or Hendrix for guitars).

Probably the best I've seen in person though was Omar Hakim (playing with Sting).

Check out this kid (Tony Royster)

WPncumXZExo

As a fan of all music genres, I have many. However, I think that metal has some of the fastest and most talented drummers, so most of my list is comprised of drummers from that genre.

Drummer/Associated Act

George Kollias Nile

Derek Roddy Hate Eternal, Malevolent Creation

Tomas Haake Meshuggah

Gene Hoglan Death, Strapping Young Lad

Frost Satyricon, 1349

Hellhammer Mayhem, Dimmu Borgir

Jimmy Cobb Miles Davis ('Kind of Blue')

Mike Portnoy Dream Theater