Ron Brown offically hired

The rumors had been around but I'm really glad to see this confirmed!

Welcome back coach!

Now only if he will stop preaching about GOD everytime he speaks!

Give the man a break, he is passionate about his faith and has every right to be. It is great to have a guy with such a strong faith back on the staff just like coach Osborne did. He is a great person and is just giving credit where credit is due.

Welcome back coach!

you are living in the wrong country brotha......he can talk about his beliefs all he wants

You guys are hilarious. According to some he has the right to talk about his beliefs but I don't have the right to be annoyed by those beliefs? I would never say he doesn't have the right to talk about his beliefs, but why don't I have the right to talk about my beliefs? I believe religious beliefs are a private matter and you don't go around advertising them at every opportunity. I also believe (based upon the constitution) that you don't use a government job (yes, that's what being a coach at NU is) as a platform for advancing your religious beliefs.

Like I said, I am glad he is back, because i think he is a good person and a good coach. I just wish he would stop trying to convert me when I am reading the sports page and just want to learn about the team.

You guys are hilarious. According to some he has the right to talk about his beliefs but I don't have the right to be annoyed by it? I would never say he doesn't have the right to talk about his beliefs, but why don't I have the right to talk about mine? I believe religious beliefs are a private matter and you don't go around advertising them at every opportunity. I also believe (based upon the constitution) that you don't use a government job (yes, that's what being a coach at NU is) as a platform for advancing your religious beliefs.

Like I said, I am glad he is back, because i think he is a good person and a good coach. I just wish he would stop trying to convert me when I am reading the sports page and just want to learn about the team.

Are you so totally backed up that even the merest mention of the word "God" throws you into a fit?

It must be a difficult life you live, brother.

You guys are hilarious. According to some he has the right to talk about his beliefs but I don't have the right to be annoyed by it? I would never say he doesn't have the right to talk about his beliefs, but why don't I have the right to talk about mine? I believe religious beliefs are a private matter and you don't go around advertising them at every opportunity. I also believe (based upon the constitution) that you don't use a government job (yes, that's what being a coach at NU is) as a platform for advancing your religious beliefs.

Are you so totally backed up that even the merest mention of the word "God" throws you into a fit?

It must be a difficult life you live, brother.

Apparently you're not mature enough to discuss something intelligently without personal insults, so I see no need to respond to your comments. And I'm not your brother, so enough with that act too.

Apparently you're not mature enough to discuss something intelligently without personal insults, so I see no need to respond to your comments. And I'm not your brother, so enough with that act too.

And apparently you're not mature enough to accept another person's faith and their right to express it, as well. So we've figured that one out.

Welcome back coach!

you are living in the wrong country brotha......he can talk about his beliefs all he wants

You guys are hilarious. According to some he has the right to talk about his beliefs but I don't have the right to be annoyed by those beliefs? I would never say he doesn't have the right to talk about his beliefs, but why don't I have the right to talk about my beliefs? I believe religious beliefs are a private matter and you don't go around advertising them at every opportunity. I also believe (based upon the constitution) that you don't use a government job (yes, that's what being a coach at NU is) as a platform for advancing your religious beliefs.

Talk about your beliefs all you want, your the one saying that you didn't want RB talking about his. If you don't like his comments don't listen.

And apparently you're not mature enough to accept another person's faith and their right to express it, as well. So we've figured that one out.

Ah, but I am. I am totally ok with his right to believe in whatever he wants. I am totally ok with him expressing it in the appropriate forum. I think his job with the FCA was perfect for that. I just don't think it is appropriate to use his job as a Nebraska coach to do it. Please do not twist my opinion into something it is not.

Welcome back coach!

Talk about your beliefs all you want, your the one saying that you didn't want RB talking about his. If you don't like his comments don't listen.

All I'm saying is don't do it in his capacity as a Nebraska coach. I'm sure everyone, including me, would have a problem if a coach used his position to advance his belief in voodoo, or to advance his lack of belief and talk about his atheism. I don't see why it is any different if another coach is using his position to advance his belief in christianity.