non-conference games

Last non-con could be a cupcake, like Iowa State...no wait, they're a conference game aren't they. Well, it might take some work, but find somebody as easy as them but not in the B12.

Ha ha...ANOTHER funny guy! Considering the fact that we were nice enough to move our stuff to one side of the Big 12 North cellar so you could fit you stuff in there with us, you might want to show a little more respect fella... <_<

By the way...how much did you beat Colorado by? The margin of victory seems to have slipped my mind...

prepare for "we're nebraska, we may be down, but our past is relevant to the curennt state of affairs"

then... a link to the scoreboard of some game from the 80's

My top 10 list.. in no particular order:

1) Ohio - play solich? that'd be fun

2) Ohio State/Michigan - always like the opportunity to play the golden boys of the most overrated conference in Div.1

3) Florida State - I always catch sh#t from FS fans, would be nice to shut them up

4) LSU - For Pelini reasons..

5) Hawaii/Boise St. - good test for our D, see if they can stop their high-flying attacks. plus yeah, Hawaii would be a good road trip ;)

6) Notre Dame - two highly storied programs, would be an awesome game

7) Arkansas/Alabama - would be nice to play some southern teams

8) USC - let's see what we can do to then with a real coaching staff

9) Iowa - hey you guys! yeah you over there! how come we never play you?

10) Florida/Miami - a win over these schools gives you attention en masse regardless of how good they are

I always enjoy this type of discussion. If it was a home & away type -

1. Michigan

2. Ohio State

3. Navy

4. Air Force

5. Alabama

6. Miami, Fla - Night game

7. Wisconsin - all that red

8. Arkansas

9. North Carolina

Please elaborate.

Also, I hate to have to be the one to do this...... border.

Also,.....Bolini

:dunno Just thought it would be cool to play against these running/wishbone/option type teams. I've always had respect for Navy & Air Force.

I'd like to start off with playing Oklahoma every year. I know that's not non-conference, but I miss the days of having the OU matchup to look forward to every year.

In terms of non-conference teams, my list would go like this:

Arkansas (2nd favorite team, would be a fun game to watch)

West Virginia

Louisville

Kentucky

Navy

Oklahoma-Nebraska on Thanksgiving every year. That would be awesome!

If we play 4 non-conference games per year I'd like to see 2 of those game vs. other BCS conference teams (we did it in 2002 with Arizona St. and Penn St., 2004 with Pitt and Wake Forest, this year with USC and Wake Forest). I don't think we should ever schedule Div 1AA and am not thrilled with the South Dakota St. selection for 2010.

Here are teams I'd like to see...

Big 10 - Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois

Pac 10 - just did USC, I like the UCLA and Washington selections upcoming so good here

SEC - LSU, Alabama, Arkansas

ACC - Miami, Clemson, I like VA Tech upcoming

Big East - Louisville, Rutgers, West Virginia

Independent - Notre Dame

we played Wake in 2005, not 2004, but i like your list. I can play the narcissim game, too, though. Although many are very close to me, I think the important thing to remember is that Husker Nation outside of the home state is national, not just Midwest or West Coast or South. Until PSU in '02, we had not had an East Coast game since the Pigskin Classic in the Meadowlands in 1994 (against WVU). (Caveat: don't tell me about games deep in the bowels of Florida. Miami is just as far for me as Columbia) Since PSU, we have been blessed with Pitt, Wake, and now VaTech (see below about Tennessee). Spread the weath, folks. Let us on the "right" coast show some Husker love.

Big 10 - PSU (but I'll wear my body armor next time), Wisconsin, Ohio State

Pac 10 - ASU just to shut them up about '96 (if we ever will)

SEC - South Carolina to put the beat-down on the Ole Ball Coach (again), and what the hell happened to Tennessee? They were announced as 2010-11 last year! Now we have UDub? I lost an East Coast game? What's the story here?

ACC - Maryland (hour drive), Clemson (to shut up MY friends), Duke (tickets a-plenty!), Wake again (loved that place)

Big East - WVU (2.5 hour drive), Pitt (farther away, but great people/place)

Ind - Navy (1.5 hours and the Pentagon would have easy tix)

I'm pissed and would really like to know what you all know about UT dropping off the 2010-11 schedule after they were announced. I remember the announcement came along with the announcement of the UCLA contract. So VaTech in '09 and no more "Husker East"? :angry: