non-conference games

I'd definitely go with Iowa. Boarder war, for one, and they don't harbor any love for Nebraska over here. Last time we played them they got killed, but they seem to forget that.

X

boarder

Main Entry:

board·er Listen to the pronunciation of boarder

Pronunciation:

\ˈbȯr-dər\

Function:

noun

Date:

1: one that boards; especially : one that is provided with regular meals or regular meals and lodging

2: a person who rides a snowboard : snowboarder

border

Main Entry:

1bor·der Listen to the pronunciation of 1border

Pronunciation:

\ˈbȯr-dər\

Function:

noun

Etymology:

Middle English bordure, from Anglo-French, from border to border, from Old French bort border, of Germanic origin; probably akin to Old English bord board

Date:

14th century

1 : an outer part or edge

2 : an ornamental design at the edge of a fabric or rug

3 : a narrow bed of planted ground along the edge of a garden or walk <a border of tulips>

4 : boundary <crossed the border into Italy>

5 : a plain or decorative margin around printed matter

Looking at the non-conference schedule in the coming years we play some pretty weak opponents and the bigger names are some teams that we have played in the past even if it's been a while (UCLA, Washington).

Who would you like to see us play a home & away series with if you were the schedule maker?

I think these would be fun and get us some exposure in different areas of the country:

Rutgers - New Jersey is a good recruiting area

Cal - we need to play more California teams

Wyoming - short road trip

Wisconsin - lots of red

Boise State - blue field

Georgia - get us some deep south exposure

LSU - would be fun for Bo

I like Wyoming just for the tradition

Others I would like to see...

Alabama - Bryant/Osborne Legacy Game

Iowa - Just want to see them pounded into the ground on an annual basis, Preferably the week before

ISU plays them.

TCU - If we have to play any Texas teams we may as well play them all...

:rollin great, the nation is bored to tears as huskers and bamers give each other bj's

Ha ha..good one! Say...aren't you an LSU fan? Is it true that LSU stands for Les mileS Unsigned? Most suck losing your DC and then having your HC all but packed for his trip to Ann Arbor. You LA people...you'll believe anything won't you?

Did Miles ever sign? I was pretty sure that he would weasel out of it when it was made explicit that they HAD an agreement but hadn't signed it.

I'd like to see the Huskers play anyone decent out of conference. I understand you don't want to have a murderer's row of non-conference games, but some of this games are jokes. From for the 2009 and 2010 seasons, 6 of our ooc games are: Arkansas State, Florida Atlantic, Louisiana Lafayette, Idaho, Western Kentucky, and South Dakota State.

That is embarrassing.

Guys - this is a great pie-in-the-sky discussion, but it's simply not realistic, nor is it justified to disrespect the Huskers for this schedule.

The fact is, NOBODY plays the kind of schedule you guys are talking about. It's suicide. Maybe if there was a playoff you could, but any team trying to get to the Title game by hook or by crook is not going to play a non-conference chock full of top opponents.

Guys - this is a great pie-in-the-sky discussion, but it's simply not realistic, nor is it justified to disrespect the Huskers for this schedule.

The fact is, NOBODY plays the kind of schedule you guys are talking about. It's suicide. Maybe if there was a playoff you could, but any team trying to get to the Title game by hook or by crook is not going to play a non-conference chock full of top opponents.

We can play a better nonconference schedule than we do. Our conference schedule hasn't exactly been the toughest schedule in the country for a few years so it might actually help us to add a few tougher non conference games.

Looking at the non-conference schedule in the coming years we play some pretty weak opponents and the bigger names are some teams that we have played in the past even if it's been a while (UCLA, Washington).

Who would you like to see us play a home & away series with if you were the schedule maker?

I think these would be fun and get us some exposure in different areas of the country:

Rutgers - New Jersey is a good recruiting area

Cal - we need to play more California teams

Wyoming - short road trip

Wisconsin - lots of red

Boise State - blue field

Georgia - get us some deep south exposure

LSU - would be fun for Bo

Iowa - Boarder War

Hawaii - What kid doesnt want to travel there

Miami - I miss those matchups

Yeah go for Iowa I can go to that game then along with ISU and have tons of fun, considering my hubby and inlaws are bird fans.

I think the smaller schools like to play us cuz of the money they get, not the beating, just the money.