non-conference games

If we play 4 non-conference games per year I'd like to see 2 of those game vs. other BCS conference teams (we did it in 2002 with Arizona St. and Penn St., 2004 with Pitt and Wake Forest, this year with USC and Wake Forest). I don't think we should ever schedule Div 1AA and am not thrilled with the South Dakota St. selection for 2010.

Here are teams I'd like to see...

Big 10 - Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois

Pac 10 - just did USC, I like the UCLA and Washington selections upcoming so good here

SEC - LSU, Alabama, Arkansas

ACC - Miami, Clemson, I like VA Tech upcoming

Big East - Louisville, Rutgers, West Virginia

Independent - Notre Dame

I always enjoy this type of discussion. If it was a home & away type -

1. Michigan

2. Ohio State

3. Navy

4. Air Force

5. Alabama

6. Miami, Fla - Night game

7. Wisconsin - all that red

8. Arkansas

9. North Carolina

Please elaborate.

Also, I hate to have to be the one to do this...... border.

Also,.....Bolini

How about the Ohio bobcats. That would be interesting having Frank coming back to lincoln.

Can you imagine the ovation he would get? All the people who were disgusted at the way he was fired would give him a standing ovation for ten minutes. I'd probably be one of them.

I'd love to see Frank come home for a game or two. :thumbs

You all need to remember that most of the time these Non-conference games are scheduled years in advance. There is no way of knowing which teams will be good or bad.

I think non-cons should be mostly regional.

My vote would be for Iowa, Col. State, Wyoming, Minnesota on a rotation where we play 2 or 3 of them every year.

Then play 1 "big name" school like Florida, Michigan, Ohio State, USC, Cal, AZ State, etc.

Last non-con could be a cupcake, like Iowa State...no wait, they're a conference game aren't they. Well, it might take some work, but find somebody as easy as them but not in the B12.

Looking at the non-conference schedule in the coming years we play some pretty weak opponents and the bigger names are some teams that we have played in the past even if it's been a while (UCLA, Washington).

Who would you like to see us play a home & away series with if you were the schedule maker?

I think these would be fun and get us some exposure in different areas of the country:

Rutgers - New Jersey is a good recruiting area

Cal - we need to play more California teams

Wyoming - short road trip

Wisconsin - lots of red

Boise State - blue field

Georgia - get us some deep south exposure

LSU - would be fun for Bo

I like Wyoming just for the tradition

Others I would like to see...

Alabama - Bryant/Osborne Legacy Game

Iowa - Just want to see them pounded into the ground on an annual basis, Preferably the week before

ISU plays them.

TCU - If we have to play any Texas teams we may as well play them all...

:rollin great, the nation is bored to tears as huskers and bamers give each other bj's

Ha ha..good one! Say...aren't you an LSU fan? Is it true that LSU stands for Les mileS Unsigned? Most suck losing your DC and then having your HC all but packed for his trip to Ann Arbor. You LA people...you'll believe anything won't you?

Did Miles ever sign? I was pretty sure that he would weasel out of it when it was made explicit that they HAD an agreement but hadn't signed it.

i don't really care either way to be honest. he's a decent-good coach, we could do better, we could do worse.

my biggest pro- wins the games we're supposed to win. never dropped an egg (ala bama vs ulm)

biggest con- dosen't seem to be a great "big game" coach, just lucky... really really lucky. he's a very colorful person.

my biggest concern with him not taking the um job is that that means we've got him... for aloooooong time. for better or for worse, because he'll never make it to the nfl.

Looking at the non-conference schedule in the coming years we play some pretty weak opponents and the bigger names are some teams that we have played in the past even if it's been a while (UCLA, Washington).

Who would you like to see us play a home & away series with if you were the schedule maker?

I think these would be fun and get us some exposure in different areas of the country:

Rutgers - New Jersey is a good recruiting area

Cal - we need to play more California teams

Wyoming - short road trip

Wisconsin - lots of red

Boise State - blue field

Georgia - get us some deep south exposure

LSU - would be fun for Bo

I like Wyoming just for the tradition

Others I would like to see...

Alabama - Bryant/Osborne Legacy Game

Iowa - Just want to see them pounded into the ground on an annual basis, Preferably the week before

ISU plays them.

TCU - If we have to play any Texas teams we may as well play them all...

:rollin great, the nation is bored to tears as huskers and bamers give each other bj's

Ha ha..good one! Say...aren't you an LSU fan? Is it true that LSU stands for Les mileS Unsigned? Most suck losing your DC and then having your HC all but packed for his trip to Ann Arbor. You LA people...you'll believe anything won't you?

read, my above comment. if you're trying to rip on an lsu fan, and you make fun of miles. you're more likely to make a friend then "insite" some sort of bitter retort. nice try though, just a bad angle.

Last non-con could be a cupcake, like Iowa State...no wait, they're a conference game aren't they. Well, it might take some work, but find somebody as easy as them but not in the B12.

Ha ha...ANOTHER funny guy! Considering the fact that we were nice enough to move our stuff to one side of the Big 12 North cellar so you could fit you stuff in there with us, you might want to show a little more respect fella... <_<

By the way...how much did you beat Colorado by? The margin of victory seems to have slipped my mind...

In order for us to get serious about national championship status i think we do need at least 2 decent teams in none conference.

I like iowa that would be a good one, also Illinoise, Any Flordia Team.

Yes, let's play a "none" conference game with "Illinoise" :laughpound

Isn't Illinoise in the Big None Conference?