Is Frazier in the top 2???

Dan_F_30

This is gonna sound silly, but what about Marcus Allen, or as much as I hate to admit it, Billy Sims...

Billy Sims isn't silly at all. He was a damned good player. I was pretty young when he was playing at Oklahoma and I still remember getting this sick feeling in my stomach whenever they handed him the ball.

I remember seeing him play the first time, asking my grandfather who that guy was, and him replying, "that's the sonofabitch that's gonna ruin my day"

and i dont know what you're trying to say here exactly.. but if you're saying that berringer wasn't as good as the other 2 guys.. you're wrong there.. because according to TO.. it was a complete toss up who was going to be the starter in 95.. he believes that both quarterbacks were good enough to run the table that year, it really didn't matter.. It came down to the last week of practice before Tommy actually got the nod as the starter.. idk exactly what you're trying to say cuz im a little confused.. but thats what i know there

Where is this information coming from? Because there never was any doubt in any of the press coverage of those teams whether a healthy Tommie Frazier would start over a healthy Brook Berringer.

If I had to guess I'd say that TO made that statement after Brook's death, and was being very politick about what he said.

Brook was a good college QB, and more than capable of leading our team.

Tommie was in another level of talent, however, and that was never in doubt for those of us who watched every game he played.

From TO himself..

he gave a lecture shortly after being named AD to all BSAD 101 students at the University.. the class is a business leadership development class required of all freshman.. i can dig up my notebook somewhere and see what all i have down.. i can guarantee you, and if any of the other 450+ kids that were in one of the 2 lectures were on here, they could confirm that for you also...

since when does the press decide a starting quarterback?

About the same time that you started deciding a starting quarterback. You don't and they don't, but you're both reporting on what TO said. The press reported on it back when it happened, you're reporting on it today.

Let's just say that while I'm not calling TO a liar, nor am I calling your recollection of what TO said false, it was clear while watching the two QBs play that there was a significant difference in talent between Berringer and Frazier, and that Frazier was the guy who was going to play if both were healthy.

how do you have vince young on that list and not tommie frazier? vince young, as good as he was, only won one national title, and no heisman trophy. starting since he was a true freshman, tommie frazier only lost three games and won two national titles! vince young lost twice to oklahoma!

i'm calling it bs, if frazier isn't number 1! he's number one, and there's no comparison.

:yeah

how do you have vince young on that list and not tommie frazier? vince young, as good as he was, only won one national title, and no heisman trophy. starting since he was a true freshman, tommie frazier only lost three games and won two national titles! vince young lost twice to oklahoma!

i'm calling it bs, if frazier isn't number 1! he's number one, and there's no comparison.

You raise some good points, but you can't argue that Frazier is as epic of a figure as Grange was; the galloping ghost undoubtedly deserves to be number one. Justice would be served if VY was replaced by Frazier and John Elway was replaced by Byron White.

You raise some good points, but you can't argue that Frazier is as epic of a figure as Grange was; the galloping ghost undoubtedly deserves to be number one. Justice would be served if VY was replaced by Frazier and John Elway was replaced by Byron White.

Here is the deal with Young, first off, recent history, he is still fresh in the minds of the media. Second, he basically single handedly defeated what people thought was the greatest college team ever assembled, Matt Leinart, Reggie Bush, and Lendale White. This is why he is on the list, it isn't so much a slight to other people, he just managed to put on a clinic in a game that lived up to its billing.

Heisman Schmiesman! Who freaking cares who won the Heisman freaking trophy?!?!?

Let's put it this way - Eric Crouch won the Heisman and he's not even being mentioned in this conversation.

Please, let's stop validating Vince Young over Tommie Frazier because of the Heisman, K?

Vince Young didn't win the Heisman either. My point is that if you take Young off the Texas team, they don't win the NC. If you take Frazier off the 94 and 95 team, I think they still win the NC. Never in Frazier's career did he have to put the entire offense on his back and carry the team like Young did. If Young would have missed 3/4ths of the season in 2005, I don't think they even make the NC game like Frazier did in 94.

Just wondering if you watched the Texas v Texas a&m game in 2005... Young's team put him on their back and had to continuely go try to pump/pick his pouty butt up off the bench..

Here is the deal with Young, first off, recent history, he is still fresh in the minds of the media. Second, he basically single handedly defeated what people thought was the greatest college team ever assembled, Matt Leinart, Reggie Bush, and Lendale White. This is why he is on the list, it isn't so much a slight to other people, he just managed to put on a clinic in a game that lived up to its billing.

In the land of fantasy where all teams from all eras can play against each other, I'd absolutely LOVE to put the 1995 Huskers up against the 2005 USC team.

Tommie Frazier > Matt Leinart

Lawrence Phillips > Reggie Bush

Ahman Green > LenDale White

Our O-Line that year would have crushed anything USC had in 2005. Our defense would have put the hurt on Leinart and Co. so bad they'd still feel it today.

I know that the 2005 USC team absolutely deserves to be involved in the conversation of "who was the greatest college team ever," but here on a Nebraska board you're not going to find anyone who thinks there was a better team than 1995 Nebraska (unless, of course, they want to argue for 1971 Nebraska).

In the land of fantasy where all teams from all eras can play against each other, I'd absolutely LOVE to put the 1995 Huskers up against the 2005 USC team.

Tommie Frazier > Matt Leinart

Lawrence Phillips > Reggie Bush

Ahman Green > LenDale White

Our O-Line that year would have crushed anything USC had in 2005. Our defense would have put the hurt on Leinart and Co. so bad they'd still feel it today.

I know that the 2005 USC team absolutely deserves to be involved in the conversation of "who was the greatest college team ever," but here on a Nebraska board you're not going to find anyone who thinks there was a better team than 1995 Nebraska (unless, of course, they want to argue for 1971 Nebraska).

I would almost argue 1994 Huskers since the linemen that year starting were better then the 1995 line. Of course since this is make believe Tommie Frazier has no leg problem and is the starting QB all year.