Is Frazier in the top 2???

Dan_F_30

If you take Frazier off those 2 teams which he was for the most part in 94, they are still 2 of the best teams ever. IMO, the best players are those that carry their entire team on their back to great things. Look at Dixon at Oregon this year. When he's healthy, they rarely lose. With him hurt and on the bench, they didn't win. Like it was stated by someone else, we rarely ever lost even when Frazier was not playing. We had some great teams then. However, I don't think this automatically makes Frazier one of the best college football players ever. We won in those years with him and we won in those years without him. He had some great games, but I just don't think he was one of the best college football players ever.

Well, you're just penalizing him because he was on a good team that way, and I don't see the logic in that. Brook Berringer was very good as well, so it's not like we had a huge hole behind Frazier.

Matt Turman who I would not consider a Husker great came in and beat a ranked KState team. The entire team was good from the offense to the defense. We could have had a bobblehead doll back there handing the ball off and still beat people soundly. He was a great player for Nebraska, but he wasn't one of college football's best players. The team around him was outstanding. Look at his stats. Other than his winning percentage, what stat jumps out at you and implies he was the one of the best college football players ever?

I guess all the MVP after the bowl games meant nothing to you, but apparently the people that give the awards disagree and seemed to think he was the best player out there.

Nebraska does not win those NC games without Tommie Frazier and might not have even got out of their funk in the early 90's if he never commits to Nebraska. Why Berringer was a good to great QB I don't think T.O. even gives him a shot over Clester Johnson, Tony Veland two highly regarded QB coming from Omaha & Bellevue and Ben Rutz from Oklahoma

If you take Frazier off those 2 teams which he was for the most part in 94, they are still 2 of the best teams ever. IMO, the best players are those that carry their entire team on their back to great things. Look at Dixon at Oregon this year. When he's healthy, they rarely lose. With him hurt and on the bench, they didn't win. Like it was stated by someone else, we rarely ever lost even when Frazier was not playing. We had some great teams then. However, I don't think this automatically makes Frazier one of the best college football players ever. We won in those years with him and we won in those years without him. He had some great games, but I just don't think he was one of the best college football players ever.

Well, you're just penalizing him because he was on a good team that way, and I don't see the logic in that. Brook Berringer was very good as well, so it's not like we had a huge hole behind Frazier.

Matt Turman who I would not consider a Husker great came in and beat a ranked KState team. The entire team was good from the offense to the defense. We could have had a bobblehead doll back there handing the ball off and still beat people soundly. He was a great player for Nebraska, but he wasn't one of college football's best players. The team around him was outstanding. Look at his stats. Other than his winning percentage, what stat jumps out at you and implies he was the one of the best college football players ever?

I guess all the MVP after the bowl games meant nothing to you, but apparently the people that give the awards disagree and seemed to think he was the best player out there.

Nebraska does not win those NC games without Tommie Frazier and might not have even got out of their funk in the early 90's if he never commits to Nebraska. Why Berringer was a good to great QB I don't think T.O. even gives him a shot over Clester Johnson, Tony Veland two highly regarded QB coming from Omaha & Bellevue and Ben Rutz from Oklahoma

In 1994, Frazier didn't even play in our toughest games that year prior to the NC game (CU when they were ranked like 2nd or 3rd in the country). In the NC game, Frazier early in the game threw an INT in dangerous territory. The real MVP of the 94 NC game was the offensive line. They totally wore down Sapp and company making those gaping holes for Schlesinger to run through. In 95, yeah he was the MVP and had a heck of a game against Florida. However, I don't think this qualifies him as one of the best college football players ever. Considering Veland and Johnson got moved to other positions, I'm not quite sure how you can make the leap to them getting the nod over Berringer for the QB spot. Berringer was big enough and fast enough he easily could have been moved to WR if they were truelly better than him to back up Frazier.

In terms of MVP awards in bowls, who usually wins those? Typically, it's a QB; a RB; or a WR. Once in a great while it will be a DB. In the 95 NC game and in the 94 NC game, the OL should have won the MVP. When I think of the best college football players ever to play the game, I like to look at how the team would have been had they not been on the team. It's obvious especially the 94 season that we would have been just fine without Frazier. The people being named as the best college football players ever would have been in serious trouble without those players being named.

In 1994, Frazier didn't even play in our toughest games that year prior to the NC game (CU when they were ranked like 2nd or 3rd in the country). In the NC game, Frazier early in the game threw an INT in dangerous territory. The real MVP of the 94 NC game was the offensive line. They totally wore down Sapp and company making those gaping holes for Schlesinger to run through. In 95, yeah he was the MVP and had a heck of a game against Florida. However, I don't think this qualifies him as one of the best college football players ever. Considering Veland and Johnson got moved to other positions, I'm not quite sure how you can make the leap to them getting the nod over Berringer for the QB spot. Berringer was big enough and fast enough he easily could have been moved to WR if they were truelly better than him to back up Frazier.

You ever wonder why the 95 team is considered the best team ever and the 94 is not? Was it because the offensive line of 05 was better then 94? Were the receivers runningbacks better then the previous year? Was the overall punting and fg kicking better? The answer would be no to those three questions. What other change happened that would make them the better offense? It's the fact that Tommie Frazier was able to play all year and make those close calls offenesively into blowouts.

It's not that big of a leap to think Veland or Johnson would have been in contention for the QB job and the next year the highly regarded recruit Ben Rutz coming from Oklahoma.

The reason why Veland and Johnson were moved from QB to those other positions was because they were such good athletes and of Osborne Philosophy of putting the best players out on the field. If Frazier would have never come in those moves most likely would never have occurred and there would have been a different results to those years

Further more I doubt T.O. gives Berringer the same chance to come in and replace Mike Grant during that season like he allowed Tommie Frazier to.

Probably no other football player is revered like Red Grange... he's a legend. And he will be #1.

In his first game, Grange scored three touchdowns, including a 66-yard punt return, against Nebraska in 1923. In seven games as a sophomore he ran for 723 yards (5.6 average) and scored 12 touchdowns in leading unbeaten Illinois to the consensus national championship.

Not until the Michigan game on Oct. 18, 1924, did Grange reach legendary status. He returned the opening kickoff 95 yards for a touchdown. Then he scored on runs of 67, 56 and 44 yards. All this in the first 12 minutes. The four touchdowns were as many as Michigan had allowed in the two previous seasons.

i actually agree with you about Grange being in the top 2, however, i think it'll be Barry Sanders, then Red Grange.. just because of the era being much more recent...

i think tommy deserves to be on the list, but i do not feel he deserves top 2..

You ever wonder why the 95 team is considered the best team ever and the 94 is not? Was it because the offensive line of 05 was better then 94? Were the receivers runningbacks better then the previous year? Was the overall punting and fg kicking better? The answer would be no to those three questions. What other change happened that would make them the better offense? It's the fact that Tommie Frazier was able to play all year and make those close calls offenesively into blowouts.

It's not that big of a leap to think Veland or Johnson would have been in contention for the QB job and the next year the highly regarded recruit Ben Rutz coming from Oklahoma.

The reason why Veland and Johnson were moved from QB to those other positions was because they were such good athletes and of Osborne Philosophy of putting the best players out on the field. If Frazier would have never come in those moves most likely would never have occurred and there would have been a different results to those years

Further more I doubt T.O. gives Berringer the same chance to come in and replace Mike Grant during that season like he allowed Tommie Frazier to.

and i dont know what you're trying to say here exactly.. but if you're saying that berringer wasn't as good as the other 2 guys.. you're wrong there.. because according to TO.. it was a complete toss up who was going to be the starter in 95.. he believes that both quarterbacks were good enough to run the table that year, it really didn't matter.. It came down to the last week of practice before Tommy actually got the nod as the starter.. idk exactly what you're trying to say cuz im a little confused.. but thats what i know there

and i dont know what you're trying to say here exactly.. but if you're saying that berringer wasn't as good as the other 2 guys.. you're wrong there.. because according to TO.. it was a complete toss up who was going to be the starter in 95.. he believes that both quarterbacks were good enough to run the table that year, it really didn't matter.. It came down to the last week of practice before Tommy actually got the nod as the starter.. idk exactly what you're trying to say cuz im a little confused.. but thats what i know there

Where is this information coming from? Because there never was any doubt in any of the press coverage of those teams whether a healthy Tommie Frazier would start over a healthy Brook Berringer.

If I had to guess I'd say that TO made that statement after Brook's death, and was being very politick about what he said.

Brook was a good college QB, and more than capable of leading our team.

Tommie was in another level of talent, however, and that was never in doubt for those of us who watched every game he played.

Troy Davis > Tommy Frazier

Led the nation in rushing in 1995 and '96. ... 2,185 rushing yards in 1996 is third on the all-time list. ... 2,010 rushing yards in 1995. ... 4,195 rushing yards from 1995-96 is the best two-year total in NCAA history. ... Heisman Trophy runner-up in 1996. ... Two-time consensus All-American. ... Holds nearly every ISU school rushing record. On Sept. 28, 1996 against Missouri, Davis rushed for a school-record 378 yards on 41 carries.

Considering he played on a couple of the crummiest teams in Big 12 history and that the criminal homer losers on the Heisman selection committee picked Danny freaking Wuerffel (????) over him in 96...the guy deserves to be #1.

Led the nation in rushing in 1995 and '96. ... 2,185 rushing yards in 1996 is third on the all-time list. ... 2,010 rushing yards in 1995. ... 4,195 rushing yards from 1995-96 is the best two-year total in NCAA history. ... Heisman Trophy runner-up in 1996. ... Two-time consensus All-American. ... Holds nearly every ISU school rushing record. On Sept. 28, 1996 against Missouri, Davis rushed for a school-record 378 yards on 41 carries.

Considering he played on a couple of the crummiest teams in Big 12 history and that the criminal homer losers on the Heisman selection committee picked Danny freaking Wuerffel (????) over him in 96...the guy deserves to be #1.

Uh... whatever. Troy Davis was good, I'll give you that. But he couldn't hold Tommie Frazier's cleats, Cy. No way.

There isn't anyone outside of ISU who would agree with your assessment.

Talking about the 93 and 94 season. If Frazier does'nt pop up in 93 does Berringer even become the number 1, 2 or 3 qb in 94. I say the other two very good option qb out of highschool have the upper hand at taking the number one spot. I followed recruiting as much as you could back then and no one even knew who Berringer was back then.

What ruined it for Davis was that Rashawn Salamn (however you spell it) took the excitement out of running backs rushing for over 2000 yards in a season. The fact they had problems winning might also have hurt.

Follow along as ABC unveils the 25 Greatest Players in College Football between now and Jan. 1, 2008 on select ABC College Football telecasts. The No. 1 player will be revealed during the 2008 Rose Bowl on New Year's Day (ABC, 5 p.m. ET).

So we have to wait for FOUR MORE WEEKS to find out who they think the top two college players are?

This will be unbearable! ! ! ! ! !

Follow along as ABC unveils the 25 Greatest Players in College Football between now and Jan. 1, 2008 on select ABC College Football telecasts. The No. 1 player will be revealed during the 2008 Rose Bowl on New Year's Day (ABC, 5 p.m. ET).

So we have to wait for FOUR MORE WEEKS to find out who they think the top two college players are?

This will be unbearable! ! ! ! ! !

And chances are it will not be a Nebraskan.