Pelini Era Traditions

The only tradition that counts is SMASH MOUTH and the idea that any team facing the Huskers will leave the field, win, lose, or draw, and feel that game for the next couple of weeks. If BO restores that, on both sides of the ball, in all aspects of the game, the rest of the "traditions" will take care of themselves!

Unity Council

Great idea! I think that was something that really helped us in the 90s. I wish we could also bring back Jack Stark as the team psychologist. He spoke to my small college football team, and I loved his ideas and it seemed to help Osborne's teams to focus. Just need to bring back old traditions like these that have been gone for a few years.

Funny how everyone was against a B****** a year ago, but now that Bo is here I haven't heard anyone against the idea yet.

we would have to do it right. none of this "lets all wear black shirts on gameday." lets do it how other teams do it, place a shirt on EVERY seat in the stadium. i assume thats how tennessee achieves their "checkered out" effect.

btw, i LOVED the all white jerseys against colorado.

I agree they just need to buy some cheap shirts and hand them out as people come in. It would be great and very intimidating for the other team.

Funny how everyone was against a B****** a year ago, but now that Bo is here I haven't heard anyone against the idea yet.

we would have to do it right. none of this "lets all wear black shirts on gameday." lets do it how other teams do it, place a shirt on EVERY seat in the stadium. i assume thats how tennessee achieves their "checkered out" effect.

btw, i LOVED the all white jerseys against colorado.

I agree they just need to buy some cheap shirts and hand them out as people come in. It would be great and very intimidating for the other team.

What I would like to see for a "B******" is instead of shirts, hand out black towels with the picture below on it and have the crowd wave them when the defense is on the field.

nebraska-blackshirts.gif

I'm still against it. I just don't see any reason for it. And on top of that, every time it's tried, there's just a pathetic smattering of black and it looks like a joke. It's just not feasible for the entire stadium. You might be able to do it for just the student section or something, but not without standing outside the gate handing crap out.

My bet would be that any of the old traditions that went by the wayside in the BC era may be brought back. Since I have never been to any live games, not sure what that might be.

The only tradition I can't wait to see restored is the strong, knows how to tackle, defense.

:restore:bonez:restore

jesus that was kinda ruff.... HEY YOUR KIDS ARE UGLY kinda comment.

Your just mean ha

One other thing that I would like to see is that when the Tunnel Walk starts, red smoke comes out of the uprights.

I think that would be one AWESOME thing to see. Our own take on the "smoke entrance" idea other places use.

With "Hell's Bells" playing in the background...

I got one better for you " bitch" in ode to espn. "your bitch but i love you anyway" mother f 'er do I hate that nebraska hating channel.

but they will drop to their knees and suck off any team from florida

bunch of tampon suckers

I love the black out idea but it would have to be an early game unless they are going to give out parkas!

I was there the one time we wore red shirts and red pants against Oklahoma a bunch of years ago and we got our asses handed to us. I think TO said that would be enough of that! Things have changed an awful lot since then. There is so much more of an entertainment factor in athletics that make the time to try something like this right. And besides, we are at the bottom right now, if we do it now on the way back to the top it will make it part of the "Pelini Traditions"!

Please, please don't bastardize the idea like the Oregon Ducks! Those uniforms are uglier than a sack full of crushed a$$hole$! That's ugly my friends!

A return of many of the old traditions would also be extremely welcome! Pancake blocks, red shirts, Unity Council, walk-on program, Herbie Husker, and on and on and on!!!! That's who we are!!!!

SUPERBUNNY