Just how good was...

T_O_Bull

While 1000 yards and 13 TD's is good, Ahman had over 1600 yards while playing with Frost. I'd say he took quite a few of Frost's stats.

I never said Frazier wasn't the best QB on the team. I'm simply stating that calling him the greatest to ever play college football is absurd. Calling him the best option QB ever is very debateable. Frazier was 33-3 as a starter with a 91.7% winning percentage. Frost was 24-2 with a 92.3% winning percentage. Frost had a 1000/1000 season. Frost holds NU's record for 155 passes with 0 INT's. Again, pick your poison on how you evaluate who the best really was.

The 1995 isn't considered the best of all time simply because of Frazier. I think the likes of Christian and Jason Peter, Aaron Graham, Aaron Taylor, Mike Minter, Tyrone Williams, Farley, Tomich, Wistrom, etc. all had a hand in making the best college football team ever.

You're pimping Frost because of his team there, and discounting Frazier because of his.

The bottom line is there's really no way to say which guy was better. To me it's Frazier, to you Frost.

Either way, it's a good "problem" to have to debate which QB from our history is better, especially when we're talking about guys who have guided us to Championships. :thumbs

While 1000 yards and 13 TD's is good, Ahman had over 1600 yards while playing with Frost. I'd say he took quite a few of Frost's stats.

I never said Frazier wasn't the best QB on the team. I'm simply stating that calling him the greatest to ever play college football is absurd. Calling him the best option QB ever is very debateable. Frazier was 33-3 as a starter with a 91.7% winning percentage. Frost was 24-2 with a 92.3% winning percentage. Frost had a 1000/1000 season. Frost holds NU's record for 155 passes with 0 INT's. Again, pick your poison on how you evaluate who the best really was.

The 1995 isn't considered the best of all time simply because of Frazier. I think the likes of Christian and Jason Peter, Aaron Graham, Aaron Taylor, Mike Minter, Tyrone Williams, Farley, Tomich, Wistrom, etc. all had a hand in making the best college football team ever.

You're pimping Frost because of his team there, and discounting Frazier because of his.

The bottom line is there's really no way to say which guy was better. To me it's Frazier, to you Frost.

Either way, it's a good "problem" to have to debate which QB from our history is better, especially when we're talking about guys who have guided us to Championships. :thumbs

I'm not pimping Frost at all. I'm simply stating that to most Frazier is the best ever because they look at win and losses. If that's their criteria, then Frost was better. If they look at stats, then Frost is better. Frost wasn't even invited to the Heisman ceremony, yet Frazier was runner up. Nobody is even throwing Frost's name out there as one of the best ever.

All I'm saying is that it's very debateable who was better here at Nebraska. When you throw out there the best player ever to play college football, I don't think either of them were. IMO, I still say Crouch would have been deemed the best of the 3 if he would have had the supporting cast of Frazier and Frost. Yet, I still wouldn't call him the best college football ever. I believe most NU fans are going to be very disappointed if they think Frazier is going to make ESPN's top 2 best college football players ever because 1) he isn't going to be 2) he shouldn't be. He was an outstanding player, one of the best here, but that doesn't mean he was one of the top 2 best to ever play the game in college.

Tommie is my favorite husker of all time on offense (Mike Brown on D)............the things that he did were unbelievable....... his numbers are staggering..... He was a leader... I still remember getting into my car after class at UNL the day we signed him...... he was definately one of the guys with the hype that "lived up" too it...

I do agree with the assessment that his supporting cast helped tremendously....the "pipeline" was defined during those years and obviously his RB's were some of the best in school history....

I just finished watching a couple of Crouch's youtube videos and Frazier's also.....both give me goose bumps...they were awesome, and NU was lucky to have both of these guys.....

Frazier was stronger and seemed to "will" his team to victory...

Crouch was so much faster and better in open field......

Great debate.......

I am NOT calling for he glory days, but I absolutely love to watch "option" football at it's best.... whether it was NU, OU, or even CU :bang with Hagen......if run correctly, it is extremely tough to defend....

Why the hell doesn't anyone ever consider Crouch as a nominee for best option quarterback?

Because most of us who know about Crouch know about Frazier, too. Crouch would have sat behind Tommie had they played together. Tommie was that good.

Not according to his stats, his heisman trophy, and the fact that he achieved these with a less talented team.

All I'm saying is that he should absolutely be included in the discussion.

Why the hell doesn't anyone ever consider Crouch as a nominee for best option quarterback?

Because most of us who know about Crouch know about Frazier, too. Crouch would have sat behind Tommie had they played together. Tommie was that good.

Not according to his stats, his heisman trophy, and the fact that he achieved these with a less talented team.

All I'm saying is that he should absolutely be included in the discussion.

Gerry Gdowski had better stats then most of the QB's that came before him does that mean he's better then Turner Gill since he played with lesser talent? (By the way him and Keithen McCant were very underrated)

Gerry Gdowski had better stats then most of the QB's that came before him does that mean he's better then Turner Gill since he played with lesser talent? (By the way him and Keithen McCant were very underrated)

Good point.

We can sit here and quote stats all we want. Watch the videos. It is clear the talent these guys had.

I'm just glad they all played for us.

Nobody is yet to give me a reason why Crouch shouldn't be considered as greatest option quarterback ever....other than "Tommy was better".......

OK, I'll give you the reason. It has absolutely nothing to do with performance on the field. Crouch's black eye stems from Solich having to beg him to come back and stay on the team. It's kind of like Frost's black eye of choosing Stanford over Nebraska. Frazier will always be regarded as the best here at Nebraska because he's the one that got TO his first ever NC.

:):):hellloooo:hellloooo:):)

Just how good was Tommie Frazier? The week before the '96 National Championship Game Number 15 was featured on the cover of Sports Illustrated. Oh no! The SI Cover Curse, not so fast my friend. Tommie went out and put on a Heisman Trophy winning display of football prowess. Too bad the vote was already in, but still Tommie Frazier was way too good to be cursed by the SI cover or anything else for that matter.

>>>T_O_B

:corndance:corndance:clap:clap:corndance:corndance

Tommy was rated #2 all time college QB by ESPN's, 'Who's #1', show. :cheers

Nobody is yet to give me a reason why Crouch shouldn't be considered as greatest option quarterback ever....other than "Tommy was better".......

OK, I'll give you the reason. It has absolutely nothing to do with performance on the field. Crouch's black eye stems from Solich having to beg him to come back and stay on the team. It's kind of like Frost's black eye of choosing Stanford over Nebraska. Frazier will always be regarded as the best here at Nebraska because he's the one that got TO his first ever NC.

Way to mention something completely irrelevant in the argument.