Does Marlon stay?

Does Marlon Lucky stay?  

160 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Personally I don't care if he stays or goes, If he does stay I don't think that he should be starting in the backfield, when it comes down to a true I-back he does not fit the bill very well. To be a good back you must be able to break tackles, something Lucky did not do very well at all. He would make a better slot back catching passes in open field. We need to get a power back that can break tackles and be able to make plays themselves (i.e. Green, Philips, Ross, and even Castille)

yea averaging 5 yards a carry sucks, at least he can freaking hold onto the ball, Quinton Castille can break all the tackles he wants, but he still dropped the ball at first contact.

From LJS blog...

-- Pelini said junior running back Marlon Lucky is considering skipping his senior season to declare for the NFL Draft.

Pelini said he'll help Lucky submit paperwork to the NFL College Advisory Committee, a group that helps underclassmen gauge their draft status. Pelini said he'll advise Lucky during the process, but that the final decision is Lucky's.

The deadline for underclassmen to declare for the draft is Jan. 15.

Pelini's opinion?

"That's between me and him," Pelini said. "But I do know this: Unless you are a first-round draft pick, you should come back."

link

I'd leave if I were him. There is no telling what can happen next year. Pelini might and most likely will see something Callahan didnt.

Pelini doesnt have the same stock invested in Lucky so he wont be his golden boy.

I'm not Lucky, but i wish him the best. I'd go now if i were him, try to get some money before injury or a less than avg year as a senior...gotta remember his stock could always drop more!

I think he should stay. This class is loaded at running backs and from all of the mock drafts and running back ranking for the draft that I have seen, he is around 15th ranked at best right now and have him going til at least late in the 3rd round. If he stays he could greatly improve his draft status.

That may be true, but the critical questions is, would he go any higher next year? I don't think another season of splitting carries with Castille, Helu, et al is going to improve his draft status enough to be worth the risk of injury. I don't think he's ever going to be the kind of starting RB that an NFL team can hang it's running game on, which means even if he waits for next year he still isn't going to be one of the top 10 selected.

The question is "Does Marlon stay?"

My opinion--

no.

It's his decision, I THINK he'll leave.

But, opinions vary.

GO BO!!

why do you say that at the end of every post it's making me go :wacko:

To remind folks that it's my OPINION.

Believe it or not, it has cut down on people arguing with me over an OPINION.

Opinions can rarely be argued successfully, after all, opinions are just that, opinios, they are not facts.

But folks often argue over opinion anyway.

See, even stating that opinions vary can get commented on, but you are the first. :wacko:

'nuff said?

GO BO!!