Does Marlon stay?

Does Marlon Lucky stay?  

160 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Personally I don't care if he stays or goes, If he does stay I don't think that he should be starting in the backfield, when it comes down to a true I-back he does not fit the bill very well. To be a good back you must be able to break tackles, something Lucky did not do very well at all. He would make a better slot back catching passes in open field. We need to get a power back that can break tackles and be able to make plays themselves (i.e. Green, Philips, Ross, and even Castille)

Personally I don't care if he stays or goes, If he does stay I don't think that he should be starting in the backfield, when it comes down to a true I-back he does not fit the bill very well. To be a good back you must be able to break tackles, something Lucky did not do very well at all. He would make a better slot back catching passes in open field. We need to get a power back that can break tackles and be able to make plays themselves (i.e. Green, Philips, Ross, and even Castille)

The quality of running back has gone down for the last 8 years around here.

I would only consider him an average back and that ain't saying much.

The quality of running back has gone down for the last 8 years around here.

I would only consider him an average back and that ain't saying much.

Lucky will be fine if he comes back. He started running with more passion late in the season... probably because he has rabbit ears

He stays. Why? He's smart.

He has the 40 speed.

He has shown good hands coming out of the backfield.

He knows the WCO & terminology & assignments.

He will stay to work on becoming more physical, blocking, and how to hit those cutback lanes.

He started to show these signs as the season progressed. It was just his first year as an every week starter.

You can get drafted and become a forgotten pick in just three years. I think he would want to work on some stuff so he can become an impact in the "Not-For-Long" league.

Your right he's no pounder, but I think he has the ability to contribute more than just on situational plays.

10-15 carries a game and a threat on every pass. It's worked for Brian Westbrook at 5' 10" and 200 lbs

I think the biggest challenge for him would be the blitz pick-up.

if the perception is he can stand up to 10-15 touches per game in the NFL, he may be an early 3rd rounder, at best.

My take has always been that Lucky would make a better inside receiver in the NFL than he would as a RB. Lucky is an average D1 back in terms of field vision in tight space, he is average at following blocks, he is average at cutting back, he has only marginally better than average quickness, better than average speed, and much better than average hands and vision in space (so long as he is open), and he has average power. So, he does not have what it takes to be a RB in the NFL --- it is not just durability that is the issue. He might improve in the next year if he stays back --- but really, if there is any NFL chance for him it will be as a WR --- as a RB, there are going to be 15+ better RB's coming out this year who Lucky would be behind. That probably would not change next year a whole lot. But he might be a late round jewel for someone as a WR.

My take has always been that Lucky would make a better inside receiver in the NFL than he would as a RB. Lucky is an average D1 back in terms of field vision in tight space, he is average at following blocks, he is average at cutting back, he has only marginally better than average quickness, better than average speed, and much better than average hands and vision in space (so long as he is open), and he has average power. So, he does not have what it takes to be a RB in the NFL --- it is not just durability that is the issue. He might improve in the next year if he stays back --- but really, if there is any NFL chance for him it will be as a WR --- as a RB, there are going to be 15+ better RB's coming out this year who Lucky would be behind. That probably would not change next year a whole lot. But he might be a late round jewel for someone as a WR.

can't see him as a WR, not tall enough, not enough vertical ability or route running experience, but he could possibly be molded as a project player by a team willing to work with him.

This is kind of a tough one to figure. On one hand, if he stays he might elevate his NFL stock but he also might not see the field as much next year because I dont think he'll be the "best" option for a lot of the things Watson & Pelini want to do. Him saying that he ran tenatively early in the year to avoid injury surely wont make Captain Bo very optomistic that this guy will "leave it all on the field " for him. He's caught between a rock & a hard place.

can't see him as a WR, not tall enough, not enough vertical ability or route running experience, but he could possibly be molded as a project player by a team willing to work with him.

He's was way better this season than last season though so he is making some good progress. I think he will continue to make progress and really turn some heads next season. I would like to see him improve his running ability now that he definately has the catching part down. :thumbs

Well route running comes with experience. Also, as for height, the average NFL WR is 6'1" --- sure there are the Randy Moss and To guys but also the Steve Smiths as well. The average is just a tad past 6'1" --- Marlon is not far off that really. As for vertical, well Lucky is a 4.4. guy --- that is not bad.

If he has a shot at the NFL it will be based on his receiving.