Is BC better than Stoops?

junior4949

The question we should all be asking ourselves at this time when talking about NC and Big 12 Championships should be this: Do we think BC is a better coach than Bob Stoops? In order to ever win a Big 12 Championship or NC, we had better hope that he is. Look at poor Texas. Mack Brown gets out coached year after year, and will eventually lose his job because he can't beat Stoops. Make no mistake about it, it really comes down to Brown vs. Stoops. They both basically have the same kind of talent down there. Both are typically in the top 5 in recruiting which is where NU comes into the topic. Ok, so we get the same kind of talent as OU and Texas. Can BC play chess better than Stoops? This is really the question.

Fans down in Austin were at first impressed with Brown with his ability to bring some respect back to the program. However, now there are more and more that are calling for his job. We will never have a significantly better recruiting class than Bob Stoops. We will hopefully have a comparable recruiting class to OU. So, it all comes down to coaching.

Stoops has been successful everywhere he's been. He took a Florida defense that totally got dominated by NU and made them into one of the best defenses in the country the following year. He was outstanding at KState as a D. Coordinator as well. Unfortunately, we can't say the same to be true with BC. He was not successful at the Raiders. Really, this is all we have to go on. Because we have some time, I'll make a bet here tonight that Pete Carroll and USC will get out coached in the NC game. Unlike last year, White won't be playing with broken bones and they have a monster running game. It's kind of funny when you think about it that Stoops had Solich work out with the Heisman runner up last summer to develop his talents. Stoops can scout talent, that is for sure!

I think some of you are missing my point. As long as Mack Brown is at Texas and Bob Stoops is at OU, I don't see Texas winning unless OU has some very unexpected injuries. Stoops is just that much better of a coach. The question is: is he that much better than BC as well? If he is, then we are no better than Texas and might as well kiss the thoughts of NC's and Big 12 C's goodbye.

I know everyone gets lucky, and Texas may eventually get lucky against OU. However, they will never have perennial success against OU as long as the two respective coaches are there. Players want to play for Stoops. He's young, he's gifted, and he's energetic. I believe that is why players want to play for Ferentz. Brown is a little older a little more old school, and his players don't play as hard for him. Now, OU is picking Texas's pocket and getting the best talent out of Texas.

Stoops didn't fare too well his 1st year and he had quite a bit of talent on that team. Callahan didn't fare well this season and I think his talent was much less than Stoops had his 1st year at OU. This will be much easier to compare in 3-4 years when we see if Callahan adjusts to the college game and we start getting gamebreakers to come to school here again. Stoops is a much better coach now, but OU fans were pretty pissed last year after their back-to-back losses to close out the year. And if you watched OU vs KSt this year, Snyder did outcoach Stoops but the talent level on OU's side was the difference in the end.

Lol this topic is very laughable!  CAllahan is awful and stoops is awesome.  A bo pelini type if you will.

Shouldn't it say Pelini is a real Stoops like if you will? Since Stoops is a head coach and Super Bo is still on the outside looking in.

Stoops and pelini are the same type of coaches. My point was We could of had a stoops like coach at head coach but Pederson had to big of ego. Pelini is just as good as stoops.

Stoops didn't fare too well his 1st year and he had quite a bit of talent on that team. Callahan didn't fare well this season and I think his talent was much less than Stoops had his 1st year at OU. This will be much easier to compare in 3-4 years when we see if Callahan adjusts to the college game and we start getting gamebreakers to come to school here again. Stoops is a much better coach now, but OU fans were pretty pissed last year after their back-to-back losses to close out the year. And if you watched OU vs KSt this year, Snyder did outcoach Stoops but the talent level on OU's side was the difference in the end.

Stoops took a 3 win team and made them go something like 7-4. Callahan took a 10 win team and took them to 5-6.

Lol this topic is very laughable!  CAllahan is awful and stoops is awesome.  A bo pelini type if you will.

Shouldn't it say Pelini is a real Stoops like if you will? Since Stoops is a head coach and Super Bo is still on the outside looking in.

Stoops and pelini are the same type of coaches. My point was We could of had a stoops like coach at head coach but Pederson had to big of ego. Pelini is just as good as stoops.

If TO would have let Byrne do his job, we might have had Stoops

I think some of you are missing my point. As long as Mack Brown is at Texas and Bob Stoops is at OU, I don't see Texas winning unless OU has some very unexpected injuries. Stoops is just that much better of a coach. The question is: is he that much better than BC as well? If he is, then we are no better than Texas and might as well kiss the thoughts of NC's and Big 12 C's goodbye.

Agreed totally. If the change was made yet we are no better than second/third/fourth best in the B12, what good was it?

And the price- loss of dignity, pride and respect-we were/are the laughingstock of college football.

This might be a better discussion in 2-3 years. Not because I think Callahan will have done a decent job, but rather all three coaches in question will have been able to show what they are worth (in the college game) and the "playing field" would be more even for this issue. This was Callahan's first year as a college head coach.