Gilmore excited about Pelini Era.

SwiftFan87

One of two coaches from Bill Callahan’s staff to be retained by new NU head football coach Bo Pelini, Gilmore has already sat in distant living rooms with his new boss.

Gilmore had a little something in common with the high school recruits Pelini spoke to on these living room visits. Just like the kids, he wondered what Pelini might say.

“I don’t know if Bo knows this,” Gilmore said, “but not only was he recruiting those kids, but he was recruiting me. I was listening to every word, listened to the way he conducted business, listened to what his philosophy is, what his vision is for the program. And I can stand here before you and say I’m excited to be a part or it.”

http://www.journalstar.com/huskerextra/foo...d2578862183.txt

Everybody and their mother wants to walk on , he says... Oh baby that sounds good!

Maybe if he said "everybody and their dog" I would be happier. Dogs can run circles around defensive players. :laughpound

i'd be willing to guess that a few of their mothers could run circles around the current defensive players.

I hope we see a big slew of walk-ons who go out there and bust their asses and lift, run, and hit until they pass out. If that doesn't make the BC Corrupted players say, "Holy crap, THAT is what trying looks like? I'd better step it up."

I'm sure they all worked as hard as they had to in practice, but, from what it sounds like, the new practiceseseses weren't much compared to the old ones. We'll see if a change of atmosphere and general attitude has an effect.

I hope we see a big slew of walk-ons who go out there and bust their asses and lift, run, and hit until they pass out. If that doesn't make the BC Corrupted players say, "Holy crap, THAT is what trying looks like? I'd better step it up."

I'm sure they all worked as hard as they had to in practice, but, from what it sounds like, the new practiceseseses weren't much compared to the old ones. We'll see if a change of atmosphere and general attitude has an effect.

:yeah

Even Callahan said, competition breeds better players, shame he didn't use it the right way. Cant wait to see what spring ball is gonna bring.