Uniforms?

rkhufu7

All white looked pretty sweet but I think its bad luck. We should try some black uni's though.

I just checked the University website again. Black still isn't one of the colors of the school.

Either is Red. Why don't we yell Go Big Scarlet?

Because Go Big Scarlet is dumb. That's why.

You pretty much just proved my point. It's called an opinion, and more often then not you guys feel like you have to beat people into submission if their opinion isn't the same as yours. Your right, Scarlet is dumb, but the point being red is not one of our colors. You know the old saying "opinions are like as@#oles, Everybody has one" I tried to read back through here and see where anybody said we should change to all black, every game for the rest of history, I didn't see it. I also didn't see where it said Red and White are the dumbest colors ever, we need to change to black NOW!!!! Still didn't see it. All I found was a couple people giving their opinion that they think black is a cool color. Once again for the record, I ask "What is wrong with the uniforms now?"

Thanks pimpzilla!!! It's nice to see another open mind on here. Take care my friend. :woo

All white looked pretty sweet but I think its bad luck. We should try some black uni's though.

How about we leave the black jersey games to those that have playstations and x-boxes. I'd like to see a day when a gorilla throws barrels at an Italian plumber, does that mean it should happen?

That's friggin awesome. 10/10. :rollin

One more thing, Those were great responses DaveH. How long did it take to think of those?

They way it sounds you are saying that anybody on this board that owns a video game system of any kind is beneath you, judging from the previous statments, I highly doubt that.

How about we leave the black jersey games to those that have playstations and x-boxes. I'd like to see a day when a gorilla throws barrels at an Italian plumber, does that mean it should happen?

One more thing, Those were great responses DaveH. How long did it take to think of those?

They way it sounds you are saying that anybody on this board that owns a video game system of any kind is beneath you, judging from the previous statments, I highly doubt that.

I own video game systems. My point was that video games are fantasy, just because it is an option on your x-box doesn't mean it should happen in real life. I can play a game on NCAA football with 11 mascots against 11 mascots. Does that mean it needs to happen? I don't think you understand what I am getting at. Black uniforms don't need to become a reality because they look OMG teh Sw33t on X-bOx!!!11 Perhaps I am just getting old and don't understand the fascination with black uniforms.

I own video game systems. My point was that video games are fantasy, just because it is an option on your x-box doesn't mean it should happen in real life. I can play a game on NCAA football with 11 mascots against 11 mascots. Does that mean it needs to happen? I don't think you understand what I am getting at. Black uniforms don't need to become a reality because they look OMG teh Sw33t on X-bOx!!!11 Perhaps I am just getting old and don't understand the fascination with black uniforms.

They are not going to become reality! Just because 3 or 4 people like them doesn't mean it's gonna happen.

It will never happen at Nebraska....EVER! And I don't think it should. Holy cow man, we need to just let it go. It is okay for others to have opinion's isn't it? Or is that not aloud on the board anymore. If you disagree with anybody with a fancy title you get the boot.

You may be on to something though, 11 Herbies vs 11 Ralphies. I would pay to see that. :)

I know all of you hate the idea of black uniforms....but if you would see them you might be ok with trying them for a game. Georgia changed to black uniforms for one game last year and it helped motivate them while it looked cool. So if you had some black uniforms, red lettering, and red pants or white pants or whatever (Idk about the black pants) for one game it wouldn't be the end of the world.

They are not going to become reality! Just because 3 or 4 people like them doesn't mean it's gonna happen.

It will never happen at Nebraska....EVER! And I don't think it should. Holy cow man, we need to just let it go. It is okay for others to have opinion's isn't it? Or is that not aloud on the board anymore. If you disagree with anybody with a fancy title you get the boot.

You may be on to something though, 11 Herbies vs 11 Ralphies. I would pay to see that. :)

People can have an opinion about liking black uniforms. I happen to have an opinion that it is an asinine idea to go with black uni's. My opinion v. yours = debate on message boards. Get used to it, I am an opinionated person. :thumbs:)

People can have an opinion about liking black uniforms. I happen to have an opinion that it is an asinine idea to go with black uni's. My opinion v. yours = debate on message boards. Get used to it, I am an opinionated person. :thumbs:)

It's all good. I am used to it and I wouldn't want it any other way. That's what the boards are for. It just seemed like you had the idea that we wanted Black uni's at Nebraska and we wanted them now!!!

Everybody have a good day! I'm off to see Santa Claus! Santa is bringing my son a Husker uniform this year!!! And yes it's Red and White. :)

I think it's dumb to consider black a valid school color for a uniform. I know we have the blackshirts and all but that really has nothing to do with our school colors. Scarlet and creme, red and white, however you like to say it. I do not think that we need to use a different color jersey to get people fired up or to be intimidating. We're not Georgia or TTU or whoever else does this and I like it that way. Just IMO.

I know all of you hate the idea of black uniforms....but if you would see them you might be ok with trying them for a game. Georgia changed to black uniforms for one game last year and it helped motivate them while it looked cool. So if you had some black uniforms, red lettering, and red pants or white pants or whatever (Idk about the black pants) for one game it wouldn't be the end of the world.

No I would not be OK with them if I ever saw them. Its wierd, I may not be as cultured as you, but I've seen a black uniform. If it ever happened, I would be depressed that my university had fallen so far as to try and glom on to a trend that the likes of TTU, Fresno St and the like have to do to motivate their players/fans.

And yes it probably would not be the end of the world. But I'm just going to say it, if there is ever a real OMG! B****** or black uni's, the terrorists win.

No I would not be OK with them if I ever saw them. Its wierd, I may not be as cultured as you, but I've seen a black uniform. If it ever happened, I would be depressed that my university had fallen so far as to try and glom on to a trend that the likes of TTU, Fresno St and the like have to do to motivate their players/fans.

And yes it probably would not be the end of the world. But I'm just going to say it, if there is ever a real OMG! B****** or black uni's, the terrorists win.

Going to all black would be the end of the world wouldn't it? Stock Markets would crash, cities would burn the streets would flow with the blood of the non believers. It would show how far the Huskers had fallen to act out of desporation almost like say...............wearing all white or wearing all red or changing the facemasks from gray to red or going from shoulder stripes to sleeve stripes or losing the pant stripes altogether or changing from white shoes to oh my God BLACK Shoes(which are not a school color) or maybe changing from Converse to Adidas or having the word Nebraska on the front of the jersey to not having the word Nebraska on the front of the jersey.

Just to humor everyone, here's what a black jersey set would look like:

blackjerseysap2.png

Anyway, I'd like us to go back to the set we had in the late 90s early 00s like these:

DRun.jpg

Yeah, that black jersey looks awful.

I like the pants with no stripes and the red socks look.

Just to humor everyone, here's what a black jersey set would look like:

blackjerseysap2.png

Anyway, I'd like us to go back to the set we had in the late 90s early 00s like these:

DRun.jpg

Yeah, that black jersey looks awful.

I like the pants with no stripes and the red socks look.http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/style_images/1/folder_rte_images/numbered_list.gif

Insert List

yea Joe Ganz looks like he is playing in the death bowl.

Fact is it's just plain WRONG.