I see the future and what i see is........

Travis9

Darrel Scott is a good back. he will do well, no doubt, but he will never put up 250 against NU NEVER. You guys are heading in the right direction and soon will be back to the norm for the Buffs 8 to 9 wins a year and not beating anyone you shouldnt beat.

NU is on the way to where they should be, 8 or 9 wins is a BAD YEAR.

OK. What makes you say that? What evidence do we have that NU is headed to 8-9 win seasons in an off year?

Really? We lost 6 of the last seven. Our senior class that just left took with it many starters. Our team speed was 9th or 10th in the conference last year. Our defense was ranked in the 100's. Our offense was stuffed against all the good defenses we played. We missed a bowl game for the second time in 4 years. We have a new HC without any experience as a HC. We hired three unemployed coaches for the staff and two graduate assistants. We have a DC who was a High School coach several years ago and never has been a DC. Our recruits are bailing. One of our two hopes for the future of the QB position has been arrested and we don't know where that will go. Kansas is on the rise. Missouri is on the rise. Colorado is on the rise. They all own scoreboard on us. Recruiting in Kansas, in Colorado and in Missouri will be more difficult than ever. Even keeping in-state boys, something unheard of before, is not a certain thing anymore.

Just what in all of this inclines you to think that NU is heading to typically better than 8-9 win seasons? Just what in this gives you a platform to rail on the CU folks?

OK. I hate CU football too. But, frankly --- be not surprised when the CU fans deride you after they beat us again. We may win. But that is by no means a thing that one would predict with assuredness. If anything, Colorado is going to be heavily favored.

Until NU does something on the field we as NU fans should shut up and with the trash talk. We are in no position to trash talk anyone.

Sounds great. Hope it comes true, but at this point it could very well not.

Come on Dave! You're doomsday approach to EVERYTHING is getting a little old. I'm sure that the creater of this thread knows that it could very well not turn out that way. In fact, there's a very good chance it won't, but just let the guy make his prediction without your condescending attitude stamped on it. (Which is hard to do since every thread on this board seems to have that.)

Darrel Scott is a good back. he will do well, no doubt, but he will never put up 250 against NU NEVER. You guys are heading in the right direction and soon will be back to the norm for the Buffs 8 to 9 wins a year and not beating anyone you shouldnt beat.

OK. What makes you say that? What evidence do we have that NU is headed to 8-9 win seasons in an off year?

Really? We lost 6 of the last seven. Our senior class that just left took with it many starters. Our team speed was 9th or 10th in the conference last year. Our defense was ranked in the 100's. Our offense was stuffed against all the good defenses we played. We missed a bowl game for the second time in 4 years. We have a new HC without any experience as a HC. We hired three unemployed coaches for the staff and two graduate assistants. We have a DC who was a High School coach several years ago and never has been a DC. Our recruits are bailing. One of our two hopes for the future of the QB position has been arrested and we don't know where that will go. Kansas is on the rise. Missouri is on the rise. Colorado is on the rise. They all own scoreboard on us. Recruiting in Kansas, in Colorado and in Missouri will be more difficult than ever. Even keeping in-state boys, something unheard of before, is not a certain thing anymore.

Just what in all of this inclines you to think that NU is heading to typically better than 8-9 win seasons? Just what in this gives you a platform to rail on the CU folks?

OK. I hate CU football too. But, frankly --- be not surprised when the CU fans deride you after they beat us again. We may win. But that is by no means a thing that one would predict with assuredness. If anything, Colorado is going to be heavily favored.

Until NU does something on the field we as NU fans should shut up and with the trash talk. We are in no position to trash talk anyone.

:clap:sarcasm

ok everyone .. no more trash talk ... doesn't matter if this is an NU forum... any big 12 foe fans come on here and talk trash just igore it... you can't type anything until NU plays Middle Tennessee Western State A&M Tech and hopefully wins the game :sarcasm

It will suck for you though when Darrel Scott rings up about 250 yards and 4 td against the Blackskirts :)

Maybe on the old version (2007) of the Blackshirts. Watch out for the 2008 and future Blackshirts. The "Bones" will have more meaning next year and beyond.

:restore:bonez:restore

How so, you will be using the same people because you aren't getting any recruits........ :box

Have you not been paying attention these past few months? The problem has not been the talent but the motivation.

As a long time Husker fan, i have to admit i'm tired of both CU and NU fans crowing about what they will or won't do next year... Both programs have underperformed badly... Both have good coaches now.. And as I used to say to my staff -- PRODUCE OF LEAVE... I have not patience for excuses.. I admire OU, whatever the reasons, they just take care of business.... Now that is a program...

You can either tackle or not tackle, being motivated to tackle is only a convenient excuse. Now you can be motivated to do a better job in the weight room for instance, but when a 220 lb runningback is coming through hard and heavy into the "B" gap you are either going to fill that gap and make the stop or not make the stop, Bo, Hawk, Saban, Paterno, or Bellichick won't make it happen one way or another for you.

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap (you are trying to be funny right?)

:clap:sarcasm

ok everyone .. no more trash talk ... doesn't matter if this is an NU forum... any big 12 foe fans come on here and talk trash just igore it... you can't type anything until NU plays Middle Tennessee Western State A&M Tech and hopefully wins the game :sarcasm

Nope. feel free to type away, just get off the NU high horse --- this in not 1995, 1994, or even 2002. It is 2007 and NU is going to have to prove something before NU trash talk is anything but laughable. And, wins against Middle Tennessee Western State A&M Tech matter not. A win against Colorado, or Missouri, or Kansas, or Oklahoma, or Texas, or A&M or Oklahoma State --- all who have scoreboard on us at present --- is a minimum requirement to talk smack. By the way, even were we to have scoreboard on all of these teams --- there is still no reason to talk smack.

Why do we hate CU? Because their fans talk smack so much (often w/o any basis at all). So, lets not resort to doing what we hate seeing others do.

You can either tackle or not tackle, being motivated to tackle is only a convenient excuse. Now you can be motivated to do a better job in the weight room for instance, but when a 220 lb runningback is coming through hard and heavy into the "B" gap you are either going to fill that gap and make the stop or not make the stop, Bo, Hawk, Saban, Paterno, or Bellichick won't make it happen one way or another for you.

WTF are you talking about! Coz perfected the teaching technique of the one are tackle! :lol:

Yeah, ONE ARM TACKLE. :)

Callahan and staff were not teachers and obviously did not teach tackling. There will be a big difference this year.

I have had conversations with a players mom on several ocasions. And his mom said they both (player and mom) went to Coz to ask what he could work on to impove. They did this several times. Her comment was "we asked what he could work on, hand technique, feet..... and the only answer we ever got was... oh he'll be ok". I think coaching was a major issue. In fact he considered transfering for that reason. The area of his studies was really the reason he stayed and the biggest reason he committed to Nebraska. He finally decided also that giving up a year of elegibility was a bad idea so, he was hoping everything would work out. If it didn't he could always fall back on his degree. The new coaching staff has exited many players for many reasons. Again, this is straight from the horses mouth. And as far as motivation... you have no idea what college football is about if you don't think that is important. That should go without saying.

Sounds great. Hope it comes true, but at this point it could very well not.

Come on Dave! You're doomsday approach to EVERYTHING is getting a little old. I'm sure that the creater of this thread knows that it could very well not turn out that way. In fact, there's a very good chance it won't, but just let the guy make his prediction without your condescending attitude stamped on it. (Which is hard to do since every thread on this board seems to have that.)

Thanks for your input, but I will continue to post my thoughts. As that's what the board is for. Just as this guy can post what his dream of the future is, I can say that it might not happen.

For the record, my approach is far from doomsday. I am just getting sick of a lot of people assuming that every thing's just going to be peachy now that we have the almighty BO! at the helm. After what we went through in past years I think it'd rather be surprised than disappointed.

Maybe I am wrong but pretty much every other Division 1 football program across the nation expects their players to be able to TACKLE people before they come to their schools. Not being able to tackle someone should be on par with being able to READ before attending college. One shouldn't expect Callahan, Pelini, or Hawkins to break down and perform a perfect form tackle. Scholarship players should already be able to do that. Alabama fans thought they were BCS bound this season because they got Saban, but guess what, when your players suck, no amount of coaching will be able to compensate for it. Now before I get accused of saying something I am not, I am not saying Nebraska players suck, but what I am saying is that you cannot automatically assume that your defense will be tremendously better with Bo at the helm. He will need time to get his kind of players rather then Bill's kind of players.

Maybe I am wrong but pretty much every other Division 1 football program across the nation expects their players to be able to TACKLE people before they come to their schools. Not being able to tackle someone should be on par with being able to READ before attending college. One shouldn't expect Callahan, Pelini, or Hawkins to break down and perform a perfect form tackle. Scholarship players should already be able to do that. Alabama fans thought they were BCS bound this season because they got Saban, but guess what, when your players suck, no amount of coaching will be able to compensate for it. Now before I get accused of saying something I am not, I am not saying Nebraska players suck, but what I am saying is that you cannot automatically assume that your defense will be tremendously better with Bo at the helm. He will need time to get his kind of players rather then Bill's kind of players.

so how do yo explain what bo did with our 2005 defense?

so how do yo explain what bo did with our 2005 defense? its more than just "they cant tackle" its about bad scemes, people playing the wrong postion, being out of position, having to stop and think instead of reacting, and not playing with emotion.