Linebacker depth question?

well lets see who we got at LB coming back...

Nick Covey

Phillip Dillard

Blake Lawrence

Austin Stafford

LaTravis Washington

and then about 4 walk on guys....

and then we have these guys coming in (well hopefully)

Will Compton

Sean Fisher

Micah Kreikemeier

Kyler Reed

So with the depth looking like that and how inexperienced it is I see another person moving to LB, but I'm sure it won't be Helu. Look for Asante or Culbert at LB next year, I really think they will move one of those guys just to have a little more experience.

I think Lawrence, Stafford, and Washington are all guys who have a lot of potential, and might even be good enough we won't need to move Asante or Culbert, but I think it will happen.

Well even if they move asante or culbert over to lb, we would still need more depth. right now we are a lot deeper and rb that lb, and helu might have a better shot at seeing PT if he goes to defense...especially with okafor coming in and possible lamichael james./

I wouldn't bank to much on Okafor right now with his strange behavior...

Nick Covey

Phillip Dillard

Blake Lawrence

Austin Stafford

LaTravis Washington

Will Compton

Sean Fisher

Micah Kreikemeier

Kyler Reed

So with the depth looking like that and how inexperienced it is I see another person moving to LB, but I'm sure it won't be Helu. Look for Asante or Culbert at LB next year, I really think they will move one of those guys just to have a little more experience.

I think Lawrence, Stafford, and Washington are all guys who have a lot of potential, and might even be good enough we won't need to move Asante or Culbert, but I think it will happen.

Kyler Reed will play offense and Kreikemeier will definitely redshirt, but I think we will land at least one more HS linebacker. Asante would be a great LB because he hits hard and he has good speed and Culbert proved he could play there also. If we can keep Compton then he has a chance to play early

Nick Covey

Phillip Dillard

Blake Lawrence

Austin Stafford

LaTravis Washington

Will Compton

Sean Fisher

Micah Kreikemeier

Kyler Reed

we need to get culbert back on the d side of the ball.....cally's experiment moving him to RB sucked!