Will Muschamp to Texas

Supposedly Auburn's DC is going to Austin. The last time Mack Brown picked up an AU Defensive Coordinator Texas won a national title. If you do not follow SEC or Auburn footbal just youtube Will Muschamp, this guy is as about as passionate as they come. This will be a huge addition to Texas's staff.

That's definately going to make a change for the better for Texas's defense. This was one of the guys I wanted as our head coach. Brian Kelly, Bo Pelini, Will Muschamp. They were all really close to one another for me.

:yeah

This is a lame post but... Double :yeah

Why did he make a lateral move? Yeah, I'm a bit concerned about Texas next year. Did he move because he saw that their last DC got snatched up rather quickly as a HC? I always find it odd when people make lateral moves. I'm still wondering about Norvell. I guess in his case it didn't matter because both his boss and ex boss were fired.

if memory serves, i think Norvell's decision was equally, if not more, about his wife's physical condition... systic fybrosis or something like that; the Nebraska weather was really hard for her...

Texas hiring Muschamp is not good for anyone in the Big 12 except Texas. This guy is a great defensive football coach and Texas just made a HUGE step toward taking over the Big 12 South and I'm the second biggest anti-Texas anything person that I know. Winning the Big 12 conference just got tougher.

This guy is a BMF, I kid you not. Auburn won a good bit of games this year because their defense was stoudt, their offense was horrific.

Do I have to remind you guys that we did play against Auburn last year in the Cotton bowl and I didn't think that their defense was that impressive. IMO we lost that game because of poor play calling on Billy Goats part (Fake punt on our own 30 yard in the 1st qt which allowed Auburn to score their first touchdown and 3 or 4 times in a row where we would throw it on 3 and short and never convert having to punt). I have faith more in Bo Pelini than in Muschamp anyday. It'll be a good match up when we meet with him but i haven't heard of this yet. We won't face Texas till Sept 2010 or for any Big 12 Championship games if met earlier.

This guy is a BMF, I kid you not. Auburn won a good bit of games this year because their defense was stoudt, their offense was horrific.

Do I have to remind you guys that we did play against Auburn last year in the Cotton bowl and I didn't think that their defense was that impressive. IMO we lost that game because of poor play calling on Billy Goats part (Fake punt on our own 30 yard in the 1st qt which allowed Auburn to score their first touchdown and 3 or 4 times in a row where we would throw it on 3 and short and never convert having to punt). I have faith more in Bo Pelini than in Muschamp anyday. It'll be a good match up when we meet with him but i haven't heard of this yet. We won't face Texas till Sept 2010 or for any Big 12 Championship games if met earlier.

I know I've said this in previous posts, but for me Muschamp is an even better DC than Bo. LSU has been a pretty balanced team and been able to put up points when they have defensive lapses. But Auburn hasn't had a great offense in a long time and the majority of their wins have come almost exclusively on the shoulders of their defense. To win nine+ games for several years with a mediocre (often lousy) offense is incredible. Go back and look at the points they gave up during the 2004 season, unbelievable. For my money Auburn has had the best D in the country the last 3-4 years (Caveat: Muschamp has only been there the last two years).

Here's hoping Mack Brown finds a way to F up the good the Muschamp does.