Army Bowl

I watched a lot of the Army Bowl. They gave a lot of focus to Terrelle Pryor and the kid did not disappoint...he won game MVP honors and looked very good. Michael Floyd (WR Notre Dame commit) looked very good also. The RB's were not featured much so didn't really see Jonas Gray do anything. Sam McGuffie was featured a few times. Pryor was the best QB and led the East to victory. The West QB's of Gabbert, Crist, and Luck all looked good but nothing great (Pryor stole the headlines). The other two East QB's of Star Jackson (Bama commit) and Marqueis Gray (committed to Minnesota on the broadcast) looked raw but good prospects.

I was actually not thrilled with Steinkuhler's play on defense. He did attract some double teams...he played a lot and was never much in the action. I thought he actually looked slow and often trailed the play. He looked like an O-lineman playing on D-line. He may want to stay at O-Line.

I did not see Andrew Jones (Mizzou commit) do much of anything and Bryce Givens did not play much (I assume because of recovering from injury). Trevor Robinson looked pretty good. Arthur Brown made a few plays on defense and so did Kyle Prater (he looked a tad slow to me though). R.J. Washington (DE Oklahoma commit) and Mike Mauti (LB Penn State commit) seemed to stick their nose in a lot on defense and be involved. DE Quintin Coples looked very good and he is uncommitted at this time. Gerell Robinson committed to Arizona State on the broadcast but I didn't think he had a good game. He got blasted on a block during the game and did not seem to be in on many plays.

I sort of watched leisurely so did not catch everything but this was my 2 cents.

chamrock........I agree....I casually watched, but was focusing on Baker and other "de-commits"..........overall, I was disappointed in Baker....but he is an OL playing DL......I thought he trailed also..... maybe I was a bit disappointed only because he got so much hype this week on how good he was playing D.......

Gabbert: decent

JOnas Gray: didn't get mcuh action

Givens: played a little, hard to judge

Robinson: played a lot....fairly good job (could use him)

Thanks for the stats..... He must have played a littel better than I initially thought......still saw him trailing plays though, but who knows what schemes and slants they had called...... I am sure glad he is BIG RED BOUND............. He will be a stud.........

Thanks for the stats..... He must have played a littel better than I initially thought......still saw him trailing plays though, but who knows what schemes and slants they had called...... I am sure glad he is BIG RED BOUND............. He will be a stud.........

Also keep in mind I highly doubt they spent a lot of time learning stunts, blitz packages and drop zones in just one week of practice. Most of the time was spent on drills, basic game plans and to show case the offense.

chamrock........I agree....I casually watched, but was focusing on Baker and other "de-commits"..........overall, I was disappointed in Baker....but he is an OL playing DL......I thought he trailed also..... maybe I was a bit disappointed only because he got so much hype this week on how good he was playing D.......

Gabbert: decent

JOnas Gray: didn't get mcuh action

Givens: played a little, hard to judge

Robinson: played a lot....fairly good job (could use him)

And your a coach?

kc husker: up a little late weren't you? ...........and don't tell me that you were out celebrating the Steelers loss either... :bang ......... Hey, I never said I was a "good" coach. :) Hope your New Year is going well....

but back to the game......during a live game, it is difficult to "grade" a lineman....... I was basically basing my opinion on the fact that it seemed as if the East would gash the West defense for huge chunks of yards with runs between the TE.....which traditionally would make anyone ask..." where the heck are the DT's......but, once again, none of us know the schemes or gap responsibilities.....