Pelini's recruits

Since Pelini has got here, we've gotten 4 commits:

a C2 Honorable Mention TE

a TE whose father is on the coaching staff

2 guys (QB and OL) who were going to Oklahoma State until Okla. State pulled their scholarship offers.

It will likely get better. Also, Pelini is only now "on the job" for the home stretch. Consider as well that Keelan Johnson, a top notch recruit, solidified his commit under Pelini --- and Pelini should be credited.

Remember we were 5-7 last year and are being rather overwhelmed by hot Missouri and Kansas programs and an up and coming Colorado. It is not easy to recruit when the situation is as it is.

Hopefully we make a bowl game next year and have things looking up somewhat --- then you'll see recruits coming in. As for now things are tough. It will take time --- at least 2 - 3 years before we can be overly judging the progress.

Since Pelini has got here, we've gotten 4 commits:

a C2 Honorable Mention TE

a TE whose father is on the coaching staff

2 guys (QB and OL) who were going to Oklahoma State until Okla. State pulled their scholarship offers.

Patience Daniel son, we got a plethora of recruits coming in this weekend, wait until signing day to throw your stones.

Barring a real disaster or melt down, I don't see how any recruiting failure this year can be solely attributed to Pelini. Our team sucked and good recruits don't like to go to a school that is not on top. We replaced a coach, and good recruits like stability in the coaching staff. Neither of those facts are Pelini's fault.

Barring a real disaster or melt down, I don't see how any recruiting failure this year can be solely attributed to Pelini. Our team sucked and good recruits don't like to go to a school that is not on top. We replaced a coach, and good recruits like stability in the coaching staff. Neither of those facts are Pelini's fault.

I agree, except that I don't think you can blame any of it on Pelini. Yes - the performance of the Huskers last season I am sure put doubts in the heads of many recruits. That wasn't a down year, it was a disaster. This is why I think it take 3-4 years for a new coach to turn things around. The recruits you lose this year would have been the 2010 and 2011 classes. Next year's recruits and the following year's are critical to getting things back to where everyone wants the Huskers to be.

Barring a real disaster or melt down, I don't see how any recruiting failure this year can be solely attributed to Pelini. Our team sucked and good recruits don't like to go to a school that is not on top.

Not necessarily true. How do you explain ND?

Barring a real disaster or melt down, I don't see how any recruiting failure this year can be solely attributed to Pelini. Our team sucked and good recruits don't like to go to a school that is not on top.

Notre Dame has its own network; recruits like to be on tv.

ND is an anomaly or haven't you noticed?

Some of you need to get over your fascination with star's. The only reason your upset is because two websites that charged you 100 bucks told you they were good. Do you really think that these guy's sit around at night talking about who the best high school player in the country is? No! They sit around at night and count the money they are bringing in hand over fist because of the thousand's of people that think their opinion matters. Kansas really doesn't care about stars, most of us would be pretty happy with their record right now. Honestly I hope our team this year is filled with guy's who want to play for Nebraska and play all four quarters. I really couldn't care less how many stars are behind their name.

Bo will get the players we need and there will be blood and bodies decorating the field this year.

Go Big Red! :woo

It's not signing day yet!!

Bo will do ok.

He'll start flashing that NC ring-- talking with kids about all his NFL contacts (nearly a decade in the pros will give ya those).

As far as stars go.... you need some way to sort and rate players. It's not the most accurate system I'm sure, it also ain't the worst.

One star or four, you still have to coach them and the still have to execute.

GO BO!!