Rumorville - The End of an Era

I know this will bring a tear to everyone's eye, but it's about time to say "So long" to Rumorville. Yes, it was beloved in its time, and at all times strove to reach the highest levels of credibility and journalistic integrity, but all good things must pass. So, just to let everyone know, we've closed Rumorville. You can still browse it and read the posts, but we're shutting it down to new posting.

Perhaps, after about 20 years and numerous National Championships, Bo will retire and Rumorville will, like Frankenstien's monster, live again!

who needs special teams?

we won't need to punt...and Bo's defense will be mean enough that the QB will just snap the ball and hand it to the DT on 4th down.

As for kickoffs? Bo's reputation will cause the kicker to kick it straight out of bounds, and the return man will likely refuse to catch the ball for the other team.

who needs special teams?

we won't need to punt...and Bo's defense will be mean enough that the QB will just snap the ball and hand it to the DT on 4th down.

As for kickoffs? Bo's reputation will cause the kicker to kick it straight out of bounds, and the return man will likely refuse to catch the ball for the other team.

The quarterback will be so scared of Bo's defense that on first down he will take a shotgun snap and run as fast as he can to his own end zone for the safety. :)

Since you're gonna have all that empty space up there where Rumorville used to be, it would be a shame to let it go to waste so I'm thinking you should start a new catagory called "Cyclone Corner". I'd be glad to fill it up with entertaining and interesting Cyclone news. For instance:

Football Recruiting News

The Cyclones announced today that they will wait until Signing Day before they begin their concentrated efforts to once again recruit and sign players that we're not actively recruited or thought to be worth signing by other D1 schools...

On other recruiting fronts, Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz is reportedly visiting the Illinois and Michigan state penitentiarys today in an effort to bolster Hawkeye recruiting.

Upcoming Season

The Ames High Little Cyclones are counting on 28 returning lettermen to propel them to a top finish in the High School CIML this year. The Iowa State Cyclones...failing once again in their bid to transfer to the Big 10...will suck to sell-out crowds. They will, however, retain their coveted "Best Value for Under a Buck!" crown.

The ISU Athletic Department announced today that they will be increasing their budget by $17.56 in order to fix the leaky toilet in the weight room. Though this is a major increase in spending by the athletic department compared to the past 100 years, players are still reminded to bring their own weights from home for use during spring practice. Players families are reminded to please attend the "How to Wash My Son's College Football Uniform" seminar on March 15th. Pink jerseys will NOT be acceptable this year.

Veisha Riots will be held on schedule this year after a one-year hiatus. Athletes are requested to please be arrested early so as not to miss the Monday team meeting.

Other Sports

In baseball news, the ISU student body recently realized the school has not had a baseball team in approximately 10 years. A petition will be presented by the student body to turn the former Cyclone baseball field into an on-campus bar.

Since you're gonna have all that empty space up there where Rumorville used to be, it would be a shame to let it go to waste so I'm thinking you should start a new catagory called "Cyclone Corner". I'd be glad to fill it up with entertaining and interesting Cyclone news. For instance:

Football Recruiting News

The Cyclones announced today that they will wait until Signing Day before they begin their concentrated efforts to once again recruit and sign players that we're not actively recruited or thought to be worth signing by other D1 schools...

On other recruiting fronts, Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz is reportedly visiting the Illinois and Michigan state penitentiarys today in an effort to bolster Hawkeye recruiting.

Upcoming Season

The Ames High Little Cyclones are counting on 28 returning lettermen to propel them to a top finish in the High School CIML this year. The Iowa State Cyclones...failing once again in their bid to transfer to the Big 10...will suck to sell-out crowds. They will, however, retain their coveted "Best Value for Under a Buck!" crown.

The ISU Athletic Department announced today that they will be increasing their budget by $17.56 in order to fix the leaky toilet in the weight room. Though this is a major increase in spending by the athletic department compared to the past 100 years, players are still reminded to bring their own weights from home for use during spring practice. Players families are reminded to please attend the "How to Wash My Son's College Football Uniform" seminar on March 15th. Pink jerseys will NOT be acceptable this year.

Veisha Riots will be held on schedule this year after a one-year hiatus. Athletes are requested to please be arrested early so as not to miss the Monday team meeting.

Other Sports

In baseball news, the ISU student body recently realized the school has not had a baseball team in approximately 10 years. A petition will be presented by the student body to turn the former Cyclone baseball field into an on-campus bar.

:lol::lol::clap:clap Good post Cy.

AR, I am absolutely crushed! How can you do this to me. My life now will never be the same. I will come up with a bunch of rumors and force you to resume Rumorville.

Did you know that Bo Pelini was wearing a dress in a Lincoln restaurant? A pink dress with pink shoes and pink lipstick? And holding a pink football?

OK, AR. Now open up Rumorville. :lol:

AR, I am absolutely crushed! How can you do this to me. My life now will never be the same. I will come up with a bunch of rumors and force you to resume Rumorville.

Did you know that Bo Pelini was wearing a dress in a Lincoln restaurant? A pink dress with pink shoes and pink lipstick? And holding a pink football?

...and I heard you was his date. :nutz

***THIS JUST IN***

Poster from HuskerBoard Torn Limb From Limb by New Nebraska Head Football Coach

When asked why he sadistically ripped the arms and legs from a HuskerBoard poster who posts under the name of Spartness, Bo Pelini was quoted as saying "I don't like funny guys who spread untrue rumors..." obviously referencing a lame attempt at humor posted by Spartness on a Husker message board.

Spartness would not comment...his head having not been located.

***THIS JUST IN***

Poster from HuskerBoard Torn Limb From Limb by New Nebraska Head Football Coach

When asked why he sadistically ripped the arms and legs from a HuskerBoard poster who posts under the name of Spartness, Bo Pelini was quoted as saying "I don't like funny guys who spread untrue rumors..." obviously referencing a lame attempt at humor posted by Spartness on a Husker message board.

Spartness would not comment...his head having not been located.

:backtotopic if we can remember what it was? :wacko: