Hometown: Omaha, NE

Position: WR

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 152

40 time: 4.5

Bench: 225

Squat: 350

Visit Date: January 18th 2008

Scholarships offered: Iowa, Nebraska, Air Force, Kansas, Kansas State, Minnesota

Favorites: Iowa (soft verbal) Committed to Iowa 12/7/07

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star:star

Assessing the talent: This one kind of came out of no where. Shane along with his twin brother Shuan were soft verbal commits to Iowa. With the recent coaching change both brothers have decided to take a visit to Nebraska to meet the coaching staff. Both Brothers are being recruited by coach Sanders.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 40%

There's another thread on this guy, but thanks for the info. ;)

LMAO thats his twin brother! :rollin

SWEET!!!!! Excuse me while I go drink then................. :lol:

dude do you need glasses like me

I wear glasses already, but I think if I had twin boys I wouldn't name one Shane and one Shaun!!! It would confuse the hell out of me!!! :lol:

Both these kids strike me as good the sort of players we'd be trying to get to walk on.

Hopefully the new staff thinks that way. Both these guys bear similarities to Courtney Grixby when he was in high school (speed and weight, obviously not height). I was of the opinion that Courtney should have been invited to walk-on, rather than received a full scholarship.

Why? Cortney was rated as a top 10 corner and held scholarship offers from most of the big midwest schools(NU, ND, Michigan, etc...).

Both these kids strike me as good the sort of players we'd be trying to get to walk on.

Hopefully the new staff thinks that way. Both these guys bear similarities to Courtney Grixby when he was in high school (speed and weight, obviously not height). I was of the opinion that Courtney should have been invited to walk-on, rather than received a full scholarship.

Why? Cortney was rated as a top 10 corner and held scholarship offers from most of the big midwest schools(NU, ND, Michigan, etc...).

Having seen him play several times, I thought he was highly over-rated. Not knocking him, or his character, but I just thought there were better, more talented DBs in the state that year.

Ex: Adam Shada, starting corner at Iowa for the last 3 years.

Having seen him play several times, I thought he was highly over-rated. Not knocking him, or his character, but I just thought there were better, more talented DBs in the state that year.

Ex: Adam Shada, starting corner at Iowa for the last 3 years.

This is my first post here but I had to sign up after reading this nonsense. Taking Adam Shada over Cortney Grixby is just silly.

Shada was an average athlete in high school and was CONSISTENTLY burned by mediocre players in the Big 10.

Grixby, although not a GREAT corner, was a solid Big 12 corner for 3 years and had a very good Senior year. If you think Adam Shada has 1/2 of the ability as Grixby you're delusional.

Grixby, although not a GREAT corner, was a solid Big 12 corner for 3 years and had a very good Senior year. If you think Adam Shada has 1/2 of the ability as Grixby you're delusional.

Average athlete? You MUST be joking. Shada's stats don't lie:

Defensive High School Career Stats:

- 96 tackles

- 8 interceptions

- 5 blocked punts

Offensive High School Senior Stats (including a number of weeks not played due to injury):

- 1,340 rushing yards

- 191.4 rushing yards per game

- 20 total TDs (passing/rushing)

Won a State Championship in 2003.

VS Grixby's numbers:

- 26 pass break-ups

- 3 interceptions

Offensive High School Junior Stats (junior year after injuries sidelined him in his senior year):

- 700 rushing yards

- 12 TDs

In college, Grixby only had 2 INTs, while Shada had 6 INTs and set the Iowa school record for the longest INT return for a TD in school history.

You should probably check facts before you call someone "average." If Shada had "1/2 the ability" of Grixby, as you claim, then explain his overwhelming statistical dominance, while playing the same competition (even while missing games due to injury).

And for the record, I'm not calling Courtney Grixby a bad player, I'm just saying he was HIGHLY over-rated coming out of high school.

And I do think that the Prater's have excellent athletic ability, and would be great for our walk-on program. Usually, walk-ons lack speed and athleticism, but these guys could break the mold. Get pounds on them and they could be great performers.

Average athlete? You MUST be joking. Shada's stats don't lie:

- 96 tackles

- 8 interceptions

- 5 blocked punts

Offensive High School Senior Stats (including a number of weeks not played due to injury):

- 1,340 rushing yards

- 191.4 rushing yards per game

- 20 total TDs (passing/rushing)

Won a State Championship in 2003.

VS Grixby's numbers:

- 26 pass break-ups

- 3 interceptions

Offensive High School Junior Stats (junior year after injuries sidelined him in his senior year):

- 700 rushing yards

- 12 TDs

In college, Grixby only had 2 INTs, while Shada had 6 INTs and set the Iowa school record for the longest INT return for a TD in school history.

You should probably check facts before you call someone "average." If Shada had "1/2 the ability" of Grixby, as you claim, then explain his overwhelming statistical dominance, while playing the same competition (even while missing games due to injury).

And for the record, I'm not calling Courtney Grixby a bad player, I'm just saying he was HIGHLY over-rated coming out of high school.

And I do think that the Prater's have excellent athletic ability, and would be great for our walk-on program. Usually, walk-ons lack speed and athleticism, but these guys could break the mold. Get pounds on them and they could be great performers.

That's great - compare Grixby's stats to Shada's. One problem, they are irrelevant. Millard North was a far better team and Shada had far better players around him. You know that and I know that.

Do yourself a favor, watch Adam Shada on film during his career at Iowa and watch Cortney Grixby on film at NU then tell me who you think is better. Grixby has a shot to play at the next level. You and I have as good a chance to play in the NFL as Shada.

Now...tell me who's better.

To say he was average was an overstatement on my part but Shada does not have the athleticism and fluidity to play a cornerback at a high level. Grixby does and he was a FAR better corner than Shada. I was sorry we lost out on Seth Olsen but we didn't miss out on anything with Shada.