40 time: 4.78

Visit Date:1/14/05

Scholarships offered: Missouri, Kansas, Northwestern, Nebraska

Favorites:Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: NR /:star :star:star

Insiders: NR /:star :star:star

Assessing the talent:

Pretty good size, but will need 15-20 pounds to be at the size needed to play DB in the Big-12. Somewhat slower, but should be quick enough for Safety. Seems to be a good all-around athlete - had pretty good numbers at WR Senior season.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 5% He went with Kansas. Never visited NU.

Notes:

Other schools recruiting him as WR, but NU only wants him as a Safety - which he said is fine with him. Surprised that Northwestern has offered, considering his ACT was only an 18. But must be pretty bright overall. Some reports list him at 6'2" and running a 4.5, and others have him at 6'1" and 4.8 - so I'm thinking he's somewhere in b/t. Not bad size and speed overall, and if he has good football instincts could put on some weight and contribute nicely at the Safety spot.

Current Status: Kansas

4.78 in the 40??!!! I hope he runs closer to the 4.5 than the 4.8, the last thing the Huskers need is a slow defensive back.

Rivals.com says 4.78. Scout.com (theInsiders) says 4.5. Take your pick, I guess. I see that all the time on the recruiting sites. Sometimes there are even larger differences in reported times. We'll see how fast or slow he is in the spring and fall. If he comes here that is.

4.78 in the 40??!!! I hope he runs closer to the 4.5 than the 4.8, the last thing the Huskers need is a slow defensive back.

This was the first thing I noticed when researching this guy.... Way too slow for

D-I football at CB

Maybe could escaped with this speed at a SS or FS spot... Those spots are usually for "over the top" coverage and/or for big time hitters (ie Reggie Cooper).

The fact that we offered this kid supports "Roz"'s opinion that Meyers-White is not coming to Lincoln.

Hey, these 3 * kids can really hit it big in college... I have heard good things about this kid by the expert analysts (Crabtree) :horns2

I read where someone was bitching that this kid can't be any good because only Missouri and Kansas had offered..... Hey take a freakin look....Mizzou has better athletes right now than do...If Mizzou offers, that is not a bad thing anymore.

4.78 in the 40??!!!  I hope he runs closer to the 4.5 than the 4.8, the last thing the Huskers need is a slow defensive back.

Rivals.com says 4.78. Scout.com (theInsiders) says 4.5. Take your pick, I guess. I see that all the time on the recruiting sites. Sometimes there are even larger differences in reported times. We'll see how fast or slow he is in the spring and fall. If he comes here that is.

Go with rivals 9 times out of 10. The times they get are directly from camps. So there much more valid. Scout they usually just get there info from the player themselves.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 5% He went with Kansas. Never visited NU.

Notes:

Other schools recruiting him as WR, but NU only wants him as a Safety - which he said is fine with him. Surprised that Northwestern has offered, considering his ACT was only an 18. But must be pretty bright overall. Some reports list him at 6'2" and running a 4.5, and others have him at 6'1" and 4.8 - so I'm thinking he's somewhere in b/t. Not bad size and speed overall, and if he has good football instincts could put on some weight and contribute nicely at the Safety spot.

Current Status: Kansas