The "only uniform change" that should be considered...

As a Veteran, I am wholeheartedly against this. Unit patches are worn by those in that unit. You want to wear one, JOIN THE ARMY!

I have to disagree with you there...and I am a veteran. I think any recognition that we can give our troops, especially when they are making the sacrifices that they have been over the years, we should do it. There are too many units that don't get the recognition that they deserve. Not everyone is in the 101st or the 82nd...and there aren't many people that could name many other units than those two.

I respect your opinion, but then I have to share my own in the same regard. Thanks for your service, man. :)

Everybody wants the "black" so we'll look all menacing and what not...

If anything, we keep the current uniforms, and make one slight addition.

Either have it done all season or the game before Veteran's Day, everyone on the team has a unit patch from a Nebraska National Guard Unit or Reserve Unit to honor those serving their country.

IMO that's the best and only uniform "change" that needs to take place. I know i'd be "stealing" a page from Army, but it's a nice touch, and reminds folks of our service men and woman.

Hooah!!

What a great idea. The kids from Nebraska could have the units from their area, the out of stater's - maybe a random choice, or any units not represented.

:clap:clap:clap:clap

Maybe as a measure of community service these athletes could be tied to the units in doing some type of community service with them. If they have some sort of tie to the unit with community service would that lessen the impact on the servicemen who are against this idea? Im just curious. As an outsider it seems to me like if they did some volunteer work with the unit then it wouldn't be that bad. And Thank You to all who have served our nation. It is because of you we can express ideas like this...however dumb they might be :)

That would be pretty cool.

My brother and sisters Guard patch is pretty sweet. It has a corn cob in the middle.

here's a link

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/m..._1975_273791951

That's outstanding. I like how the background is red.

I know there were a couple folks here on the board that thought the patch idea was disrespectful, so I took an informal "straw poll". I emailed the folks I still keep in contact with from when I was in, and they unanimously agreed that it's a good idea.

And, just another addition to the previous idea, on Vet's day, the tunnel walk should be led by the units that have recently returned from "the box", aka, Iraq. Having those folks march out in front of our boys would look awesome, and I think that would be another way to show our support...

For the information of the board I emailed Jeff Jamrog and told him our thoughts (giving full credit to the board) and he said "I will bring this up with Coach Pelini and Coach Osborne to see if this is a possibility." So we will find out what they think of the idea.

Sorry to those that this thread offended but all of my military friends think this would be a great idea. I also like the idea of having units lead out. Similar to the tunnel walk following 9/11

Check out the link if you havent its one of the best EVER.