What the f.............

Not to advocate for one candidate over the other - after all, anyone has to be better than the current office holder - but this might be interesting to everyone. I've seen a similar system on MSNBC. The idea is that you answer 10 questions on major issues. The web site lists, in order, the candidates that most closely are aligned to your answers. You might be surprised at which candidate espouses the same views as do you.

LINK

Not to advocate for one candidate over the other - after all, anyone has to be better than the current office holder - but this might be interesting to everyone. I've seen a similar system on MSNBC. The idea is that you answer 10 questions on major issues. The web site lists, in order, the candidates that most closely are aligned to your answers. You might be surprised at which candidate espouses the same views as do you.

LINK

Interesting. In fact I just heard a couple co-workers talking about this site today. Thanks AR!

It is bad to say, but backing Ron Paul is like betting on a three legged horse for the Kentucky Derby.

For the link, I am 8 -2 Obama, which is who I support so it worked for me. Romney and Hukabee were 0 - 10, so more or less lines me up right.

Ron Paul backs some ideas that sould good on the surface, but when you get into the details, would lead to disaster.

The "Fair Tax" for instance is not fair at all. The idea behind it is to eliminate the income tax and replace it with a national sales tax, that would be applies to everything including food. Proponents claim that the tax would have to be set at 30% while economists have stated that it would have to be close to 40%. The fact that most billionaires support this plan should be a giant red flag to anyone who lives in reality. The ultra wealthy would see this as a giant tax cut. The more money people make the smaller the percentage of said income is actually spent on goods and services. Any version of this tax plan makes investing exempt from the tax. So the guy who makes 30k and spends nearly every dollar he makes a year gets taxed on 100% of his income, while the billionaire who may make $1billion but only spend a few million and invests the rest pays next to nothing. Real fair.

Ron Paul's super economy plan:

'Eliminate Taxes on Tips.The single parents and working students who earn their income chiefly through tips deserve to keep all of their money. This tax on "estimated income" is unfair and should be ended. '

I've never heard of a waiter, for example, report his/her tips and I don't think that this is a huge issue.

Just so you know. My daughter works at a Denny's and their tips "are" figured in their income. I believe 15% is the norm they go by on tips for the total of the bill. That 15% of the total bill is added to their earnings automatically. So if someone doesn't tip or at least not the 15% it does hurt the servers. Their paying taxes on that 15% whether they get the right amount of a tip or not. Just thought I would pass this on. My daughter finishes Nursing school this summer, so her Denny days will be over soon, but I know that a lot of people do this for a living.

GBR!!!

• 2 months later...

Ha. It's a tie between Hilary and Obama...

I don't know what to do...

Me too..(9-1)

I'm suddenly very freightened..I figured I'd dissagree with at least half of what any politician thought..Maybe it's just what they WANT me to think.. <_<