Rivals is taking a page from the ESPN playbook...

I saw this on yahoo this morning, and I had to laugh....

JURY IS OUT

Nebraska: Bo Pelini is a good defensive coordinator. Is he a good head coach? We'll see. Pelini's Huskers will play better defense, that's for sure. Still, Nebraska has fallen a long way in a short time, and this isn't the same Big 12 North as it was even five years ago - which will make the rebuilding job tougher than a lot of folks expect. Pelini was a former Huskers defensive coordinator, and having Nebraska ties was important to athletic director Tom Osborne – maybe too important.

Here's the link, if you want to see the whole thing...

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=763721

jury out on bo? but they think slick rick will be successful, he wasnt at cu, u of w, or baltimore. i wonder how long pj will be at gt he has a tough road ahead of him. as far as the ones they pick that will be successful i think they are right with rr as long as he has a d to go with his o.

Opinions are like A-holes, everyone has one. That is the great thing about America, they can also express them. Then when they do it with mass media, they can either look really smart or like an idiot. Then in a couple of days, they are forgotten once again.

I am not sure what you guys are so upset about. The guy brings up points these points:

He's never been a head coach.

The North is tougher

Finally, he's insinuating that maybe TO placed too big of an importance on former Husker coaches.

All points that are at least arguable if not flat out true.

I am not sure what you guys are so upset about. The guy brings up points these points:

The North is tougher

Finally, he's insinuating that maybe TO placed too big of an importance on former Husker coaches.

If the north is tougher, then why is it that the South Division team usually wins the championship? And the top South teams usually have better records up to this weird year.

The North is tougher

If the north is tougher, then why is it that the South Division team usually wins the championship? And the top South teams usually have better records up to this weird year.

He didn't mean the North is tougher than the South, just tougher than when we dominated.

Thank you.

:)

Dave's right the guy did make some points but the article was a bit short on substance. Fernandez has evidently walked away from some mis-deeds at WVa. Rick N. has his faults and if he was so good at Baltimore why did their offence stink so bad and if he's such a good offensive mind why pay for Norm Chow or is UCLA just getting some insurance for when Ricky screws up.

The jury may be out on Bo and Staff but I for one feel good about the verdict.

>>>T_O_B

:)

Holy cow....... why get so worked up.......Hell, I think the jury is out on Bo.......Yes, we all are excited at the possibilities, but the facts are true.......1st time HC, .........MU-KU are the class of the North and are recruiting much better than they did 5 years ago, and CU is up and coming, and if we would have played ISU at the end of the year, who knows what would have happened.....

A lot of people on this board didn't have Bo as their 1st choice........but now that he is our HC, we love and support him......but truth be known, the rest of the nation has the right and facts to say that "the jury is out", because IT IS........... Just because a guy puts on a Nebraska coaching shirt, doesn't automatically make him a fantastic, no lose, win the North HC.........those days ended about 10 years ago......

Bo faces a tough road.... competition on the field in the North is far more superior than 5 years ago, and recruiting has caught up due to that success...... Plain and simple, you have to EARN your respect as a Head Coach....... yes, he has earned respect as a D-coordinator......but not as a HC, and until he does, expect people to question...

I love the die-hard, bleed-red, win at all cost NU fans, but to think that Bo will automatically be successful is more "wishful thinking" than "factual"......

MU and KU did better recruiting because of parity and the cut in the number of scholarships given out now. Since the power houses of old can't give them a free ride, they go find it somewhere else now. Good for the NCAA, bad for the schools that have been dominate for so long.

This is also a major factor in the smaller schools getting so much better in the state.