Your an awesome fan HANC

This is under HANC's bio in HuskerNation Forum:

9. Favorite Husker Memorabilia

This is my hobbie !!! Have a sh#t load of stuff..Decorate basement

Favorite may be a framed letter from TO received on our wedding day

Yes, I invited Coach Tom to our wedding

Your a hell of a man, HANC

Thanks for sharing that on the board. That's the kind of stuff that seperates us fans from others in the nation. Thank you everyone

I read that today as well, that's awesome.  We need all the fans like HANC that we can find!

There's plenty out there. Kudos HANC

Gentlmen, I appreciate the "kudos".....but I am just happy to have found the Huskerboard to hobnob with fans like this....

WE ALL MUST KEEP HUSKER NATION STRONG :cheers

Right on, great stuff HANC. Thanks to all for sharing their bios - it's always cool to read about other members of The Nation to learn about their backgrounds.

One other thing HANCs experience shows is that not only do we have the best fans, but the best damn Coach of all time as well! A hand-written letter from The Coach?? Thats incredible, and it was even on time!! Doubt many people from other schools can say that - TO is Legend. :worship

Right on, great stuff HANC. Thanks to all for sharing their bios - it's always cool to read about other members of The Nation to learn about their backgrounds.

One other thing HANCs experience shows is that not only do we have the best fans, but the best damn Coach of all time as well! A hand-written letter from The Coach?? Thats incredible, and it was even on time!! Doubt many people from other schools can say that - TO is Legend. :worship

Ho Hum.....

Some excerpts from the former PSUPlaybook. Now taken over by stupid Scout.com,

My friends and I camped out for the Ohio State game for seats for Saturday's game. I bet over 100 kids camped out that night. But while most were out partying (leaving just a couple kids holding spots in line), Domino's pizza shows up with $200 worth of pizza and a note "From Joe Paterno, thanks for still believing in us." Thinking this was cool enough, we were shocked that five minutes later, while eating our pizza, two blue buses pull up. It was Joe Pa and his troops coming from the Ralley in the Valley on the way to the hotel. The players stayed for about 10 minutes, all thanking us for still supporting and believing in them (and some stealing pizza). In all honesty, I believe Joe Pa did it just as much for his players as for us, showing all of them how faithful the Nittany Nation is.

For many years it was Mother's dream to meet Joe Paterno. She always admired him for being so much more than a football coach. In January of 2003, I wrote a letter to Coach telling him about my Mom and her dream. Several weeks later there was a message on my answering machine from Joe's secretary. When I returned her call she told me that Joe had read my letter and said "Sure, I'll meet her Mom." The secretary then asked when it would be convienient for me to bring my Mom to meet Joe. I laughed, and I said that he was the one with the busy schedule and asked her when it would be convienient for him? We eventually settled on a date in March. My Mom, true to her Italian descent brought Joe homemade lasagna and macaroni. When we arrived we met Coach at his office and he sat and talked with my parents' and me as if we were old friends who hadn't seen each other in a while. Then he suggested we should take some pictures. I was truly humbled by his kindness. Needless to say, my Mom was thrilled with the experience.

In 1999, my wife decided that we should invite the Paterno's to our wedding. She wrote a short letter and sent an invitation knowing that they wouldn't come (it was October). About 2 weeks later, the reply card came and it had a nice statement' from them--'Have a nice day and a great life together' and it was signed Sue Paterno and Joe Paterno. It was on display at the reception at the signin table. A standup Joe attended my reception and we cut the wedding cake to the PSU alma mater. All my wife's idea, a non-PSU person.