If Nebraska wins it all???

and we have officially hit the dead of the offseason

Hell, just a question? If you read the post it said probally not. I'd be happy with an 8 win season. So put down your latest hiney boy mag and read it right :box

im just saying the speculation alone to create new threads shows there is nothing else to talk about (the dead of the offseason)

wow...all though a national championship would be amazing...7-5 with a bowl win to cap it off will pick me back up....

7-5 is what I expect but in no way will I or any fan in my opinion should be happy with that record. The fact that some people would be happy indicates how far down Callahan took this program the last 4 years.

wow...all though a national championship would be amazing...7-5 with a bowl win to cap it off will pick me back up....

7-5 is what I expect but in no way will I or any fan in my opinion should be happy with that record. The fact that some people would be happy indicates how far down Callahan took this program the last 4 years.

true, so we have to live with cally's poor coaching for at least another year. not too much to ask after hearing cally claim it would take him 4 years to get his guys in place? at least i don't think you will hear Pelini complain about having to wait to get his guys in to fit his system. he is actively engaged in working with what he has and recruiting guys for his system.

i don't know why any fan here (after putting up with cally and his lame-ass coach speak, week after week) would be unwillingly to accept 7-5 for Pelini's first season. like i said, the talent he does have, especially on defense, has to be jump-started all over again with basic defensive skills, ,tackling drills, etc.

no one should be satisfied if we go 7-5, but we damn sure ought not to expect a lot more than that either.

the biggest problem will be exactly that, unreasonable expectations for Pelini's first season.

We always have unrealistic opinions. That is a Nebraska trait.

The question was were we a cinderella team or a team returning to dominance.

Neither would be correct. We are expected to be good, normally by all around the country. If we aren't then what ever they call us is deserved.

Retuned to dominance is not even possible in one year. It will take at least a three or four years of us having 12 win seasons before anyone could ever think of us as returning.

We need to just set back and give our Coach the time it takes. Most feel he is a great coach. I know he will motivate them, which I think is what was lacking with the prior staff.

I am not convinced we have the talent on the defensive side of the ball. Our recruiting does not indicate a frantic need for defensive players, like I think there is. So possibly Coach Pelini sees something we don't. There maybe more talent there than we think. I think our offense will be fine. We will be improved in attitude on defense, there is no question.

I still do not believe all the problems last year were coaching related. Sometimes the players that have the 5 star ratings don't have the heart. And sometimes the 3 star rated have shown they do not have the heart. I think Coach Pelini will have that sorted out very quickly. If they have the desire they will play no matter their talent level/star level. He will put the best defense on the field he can muster. I look for him to rob some of the offensive players this year. I say that because I have not seen him really going after defensive players. I do not follow that as closely as some of you, so if I am wrong, correct me.

We must show patience with this guys. This staff absolutely can not fail. If they do it will end Nebraska as we have known it. We have to be on board with this staff, we have to cheer them even if they are not doing as we hope for. We all have to behind this team good or bad.

And Hunter and I will be your sex toys!!!!!!!

Um, yeah...

I'd be happy with a 9-3 season, in the hunt for the Big 12 title, and a reasonably prestigious bowl game in late december, maybe January.

Us winning the National Title, let alone the big 12, is kinda far fetched at this point. There's a lot of things (injuries, players underachieving, etc) that aren't being factored into the equation at this point.

I don't think until we've played at least two games, we can have an idea of how things are going to pan out...