Steve Heiman

UNO QB joining the Huskers

Steve Heiman is coming to Lincoln in the fall to chase a dream.

An all-district player at Papillion-La Vista High School, the quarterback had a scholarship at UNO and was a backup in the 2007 season. It looked like he might even be the Mavs' starter in a year or two.

But now he wants to see how he can do as a quarterback in the Huskers' system.

"A lot went into it. It was a very tough decision, very hard to leave UNO," said the 6-foot-3, 205-pound Heiman. "But then it came down to a personal thing. It's always been a dream of mine to play for Nebraska. I didn't want to be sitting here 10 years down the road going, 'What if? What if?'"

Link

UNO QB joining the Huskers

Steve Heiman is coming to Lincoln in the fall to chase a dream.

An all-district player at Papillion-La Vista High School, the quarterback had a scholarship at UNO and was a backup in the 2007 season. It looked like he might even be the Mavs' starter in a year or two.

But now he wants to see how he can do as a quarterback in the Huskers' system.

"A lot went into it. It was a very tough decision, very hard to leave UNO," said the 6-foot-3, 205-pound Heiman. "But then it came down to a personal thing. It's always been a dream of mine to play for Nebraska. I didn't want to be sitting here 10 years down the road going, 'What if? What if?'"

Link

great to hear.... these are the type of kids we need!

saying the walk-on program is important is an understatement... I wrestled in high school and we were very deep... we had a great JV team, which to me is kind of like the walk-ons... having such a great JV squad pushed a lot of the varsity more to be the best they could possibly be ...there were wrestle-offs all the time(2 wrestlers square off for a starting spot) and nobody wanted to lose there spot ... I see the walk-on program as a very significant impact in restoring the order

saying the walk-on program is important is an understatement... I wrestled in high school and we were very deep... we had a great JV team, which to me is kind of like the walk-ons... having such a great JV squad pushed a lot of the varsity more to be the best they could possibly be ...there were wrestle-offs all the time(2 wrestlers square off for a starting spot) and nobody wanted to lose there spot ... I see the walk-on program as a very significant impact in restoring the order

agreed, while i was in highschool our wrestling team went 2-3 deep at each class...ended up winning state 2 matches into the 2nd day back in...03

Maybe move him to SS or FS ? or will he stay at QB ?

He wants to take his shot at QB

I graduated with steve and there isnt a chance he plays another position besides qb. He didnt play anything else in high school and he has all the tools to be a solid qb.

Nebraska offered him a walk on opportunity after high school but he went to uno instead. change of heart i guess

agreed, while i was in highschool our wrestling team went 2-3 deep at each class...ended up winning state 2 matches into the 2nd day back in...03

what school ? Skutt ?