Offseason Boredom

This offseason is already starting to wear on me. I think we could pass the time by playing a little game. We should challenge some other BigXII boards to see who can come up with the best rumor. Whoever gets theirs reported on ESPN as "fact" first wins.

Also, I know this is a little off topic, but is anyone else worried about how James Dobson will do since being named in the Mitchell report?

My rumor is that Magino will finally be invited to the Rose Bowl

...to be used as a balloon during the parade.

If this were NCAA 08, I don't think you could ever use "program stability" as a pitch if you were Kansas. Mangino better go back to losing. He's in the wrong profession as far as stress goes, and it's even worse when his team starts going somewhere. Every game I wonder if he's going to make it back to the locker room. Dangerous, dangerous situation.

A good rumor to start is:

"Kansas head coach Mark Mangino is scheduled to have gastric bypass surgery in a few months. An ESPN source from Kansas leaked the information yesterday after attending a private meeting with the coaches and the local AP. The source believes that he is shedding the pounds to increase national attention to what he is doing to the program and stop being criticized for being overweight. He also hopes to generate some buzz about open head coaching positions in the future."

How does that sound guys??? :dunno

A good rumor to start is:

"Kansas head coach Mark Mangino is scheduled to have gastric bypass surgery in a few months. An ESPN source from Kansas leaked the information yesterday after attending a private meeting with the coaches and the local AP. The source believes that he is shedding the pounds to increase national attention to what he is doing to the program and stop being criticized for being overweight. He also hopes to generate some buzz about open head coaching positions in the future."

How does that sound guys??? :dunno

Might not be *TOO* unbelievable....

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3219705

"He also hopes to generate some buzz about open head coaching positions in the future."

Ha ha...if he actually had the surgery and lost the weight there would be at least two new associate head coaching positions open at Kansas :lol:

Now thats down right mean.. but funny as hell :lol:

:rollin:rollin:rollin:clap:clap

GBR!!!

"He also hopes to generate some buzz about open head coaching positions in the future."

Ha ha...if he actually had the surgery and lost the weight there would be at least two new associate head coaching positions open at Kansas :lol:

Now thats down right mean.. but funny as hell :lol:

:rollin:rollin:rollin:clap:clap

GBR!!!

If he's going to lose some tonnage, he might as well get paid for it. Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, Slim Fast.... Anyone? :dunno

:)

I realize that this may not fit on this board, it is, however, on topic:

Charger's running back Ladanian Tomlinson has been taking heat for not playing most of the game and sitting like a lump on the bench during the 2nd half. And now the rest of the story...

My source is a friend of a towel boy at the stadium, who heard from a chauffer, who heard from a water changing expert at a local tropical fish company, that LT called his wife during the second half of the game from the back room at a local therapudic massage parlor, and told her that he had paid a person on the clean up staff to wear his uniform, complete with cape and helmet with shaded shield, to sit on the bench and endure the frigid weather for him. That's it guys and you can carve all this in stone. A waitress at Hooters would not lie to someone who had just ordered a plate of wings, two Hooter Shooters and a pitcher of beer.

>>>T_O_B

:corndance:hellloooo:corndance