WR Kendall Thompkins

Player: Kendall Thompkins

Hometown: Miami, Florida

Position: WR

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 165

40 time: 4.5

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Kansas, UNLV, Nebraska, Miami (FL)

Favorites: Signed with Miami

Rankings/Stars: Kansas, UNLV, Nebraska

Rivals: :star:star:star:star

Bid Red Report: :star:star:star

Assessing the talent:

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker:

Chances of becoming a Husker: 5%

[Rivals]

Rivals has an article about Thompkin's upcoming visit to Miami dated 1/31/2008, but plans seem to have changed.

Bryan Munson reports:

It was just in December that this recruit was said to be done with taking visits. Well, that was before Nebraska offered. Since the Nebraska offer this week this athletic receiver has gone and set up a late visit to see what Nebraska has to offer. Who is this receiver?

Apparently, his school is one of the top HS teams in the nation.

On the link you gave for Rivals, it says he's already given a solid verbal to the U...doesn't even mention Nebraska

Try this

http://nebraska.scout.com/a.z?s=204&p=...amp;nid=3038133

maybe he's not happy that miami is still looking at WR?

just talked to a guy I know on another sports board that is a big time miami fans..... he says this guy is gone, and that we are getting an incredible player. the guy is pretty on top of things so this should be interesting.

he says this guy is gone, and that we are getting an incredible player. the guy is pretty on top of things so this should be interesting.

ree-hee-hee- eally ... :nanalama

From his video, this kid has some nice speed and moves; he seemed very slippery, making tons of yards-after-the-catch. He would be a very nice addition to the class.

BTW, there is video of him on youtube.

From his video, this kid has some nice speed and moves; he seemed very slippery, making tons of yards-after-the-catch. He would be a very nice addition to the class.

if you havent watched his video you need to. he is very shifty after the catch. I think this kid would get PT next year as a kick returner

saw his video.. ur right. this is the type of players we've been lacking in this offense.. someone that's fast and elusive and can make plays in the open field.. would compliment other receivers that we already have nicely...can't tackle 'em if u can't catch 'em...speed..speed.

Kendall is back in Florida. He said his trip went well and that he wasn't sure who he was going to sign with any longer. From the Scout information he wasn't exactly beaming about Nebraska the way most recruits do when they come out of their visit, but it might just be his personality, since whatever he saw was enough to make him double think his Thug U commitment.

Hope he makes the right choice here and avoids the school where Juvenile Hall is a prime recruiting spot.

wow he reminds me of desean jackson in that video.

thats EXACTLY whatt i was thinking!

about the same size, and same threat with the ball in their hands.

great minds.

He will be a NSD announcement. Coach wants him here as he knows he can step in and contribute from day 1 instead of at Miami where they are still recruiting WRs.

Just gonna have to wait on this one.

He will be a NSD announcement. Coach wants him here as he knows he can step in and contribute from day 1 instead of at Miami where they are still recruiting WRs.

thanks BW

at least we dont have to wait that long..

thanks BW

at least we dont have to wait that long..

that is for sure, short waiting period

this kid is a beast he would be good at returning kicks if he doesnt play WR right away. maybe we will finally have a KR that actually CATCHES the ball. we havent had a good KR since groce in like '01

8:00 A.M. is when he will decide tomorrow

Does the commitment of Marlowe mean that the coaches are anticipating him staying in Miami?

I'm a closer version of Kendal Thompkins than Marlowe is. Okay, I am exaggerating a bit, but if Marlowe was as fast and elusive as Thompkins, he would have offers from quite a few schools.

You folks better make sure you get up early tomorrow. :)

There are unconfirmed reports that Thompkins was wearing a Husker hat today in school. When asked if he was going to committ to Nebraska tomorrow, he just smiled. Take it for what it's worth. :)

I'm a closer version of Kendal Thompkins than Marlowe is. Okay, I am exaggerating a bit, but if Marlowe was as fast and elusive as Thompkins, he would have offers from quite a few schools.

You folks better make sure you get up early tomorrow. :)

Oh I agree, just thought it interesting that the listed Ht/Wt/40 were identical.

Lot of WR's in this class...are any of them expected to move to D?

***Update****

@ 8:39 cent time nothing has been stated about his decision. They are having a program and are set to announce where every kid at this paticular HS is going. It looks like it will be announced in the next 20 mins or so.

***Update 8:50 am Cent time*** Thompkins came out wearing a Nebraska hat next to his frinds who had just committed to the U. (you see where this one is going). He then changed hats and is officially going to Miami.

He did nothing different then any other kid who visited Nebraska but committed to another school! He played the game and won.

If you call winning getting a free trip to Lincoln in the middle of winter, being the 5th WR in the 5 receiver set, and playing with a QB who can't throw the ball in front of a half-empty stadium, then yes he's a winner.

He did nothing different then any other kid who visited Nebraska but committed to another school! He played the game and won.

If you call winning being the 5th WR in the 5 receiver set, playing with a QB who can't throw the ball in front of a half-empty stadium, then yes he's a winner.

He wanted to go to Miami...maybe he thought he wasn't getting looked at hard enough....visited Nebraska....now Miami showed real interest....He signed. I never said anything about how good Miami was. He played the "recruiting game" and won. If that is the type of kid he is, then he will fit in nicely at "Thug U" just fine.

I'm just gonna say this and leave it at this, since we should all celebrate the kids who really wanted in ... but there is A LOT more to the story with Thompkins.

If Thompkins wanted Miami, that is fine, but the way he went about it was completely the wrong way.

If you want me to put it in blunt terms, Thompkins straight out lied to our coaches. Thompkins is a kid, so I give him a bit of a break. But just based on his actions in the last week, he needs to grow up a bit.

But like I said, I'm not gonna focus on Thompkins, as there are kids who really want to be here and we should celebrate them today instead of focusing on this.

I'm just gonna say this and leave it at this, since we should all celebrate the kids who really wanted in ... but there is A LOT more to the story with Thompkins.

If Thompkins wanted Miami, that is fine, but the way he went about it was completely the wrong way.

If you want me to put it in blunt terms, Thompkins straight out lied to our coaches. Thompkins is a kid, so I give him a bit of a break. But just based on his actions in the last week, he needs to grow up a bit.

But like I said, I'm not gonna focus on Thompkins, as there are kids who really want to be here and we should celebrate them today instead of focusing on this.

EXACTLY!!!! Next...................... :thumbs