favorite NU defensive players...

DTs

Rich Glover - Two time All American, won both the Outland and Lombardi trophies, placed 3rd in Heisman voting. Bob Devaney called him the greatest defensive player he ever saw. If you want to see one of the best defensive games ever by a Husker watch the 71 game vs Oklahoma. He had 22 tackles vs OUs All American center. Named first team DT on Sports Illustrated all century team.

Jason Peter - All American, runnerup for Outland won by team mate Aaron Taylor

DEs

Willie Harper - Two time All American

Grant Wistrom - Lombardi winner, two time All American

LBs

Jerry Murtaugh - Just plain mean. All American, held NUs career tackle record for over 30 years. (Murtaugh played when bowl game stats did not count and freshmen were ineligible.

Broderick Thomas - Two time All American, finalist for both Lombardi and Butkis awards.

Trev Alverts - Butkis winner, All American, Football News national defensive player of year

Safties

Mike Minter - All Conference, 4 year letterwinner.

Mike Brown - All American, Jim Thorpe and Bronco Nagurski canidate.

CBs

Tyrone Williams - Two time first team all conference, 3 year starter.

Ralph Brown - All American, 3 time first team all conference, 3 time Jim Thorpe canidate. 4 year starter.

post-4426-1202146964.gif

Mine would have to be guys I used to watch play while attending Nebraska. There used to be a Pizza Parlor that we all would go to after the game and shoot the chit with some of the players. For the life of me I cannot remember the name. Anyone on here attend Lincoln in the early 90's remember the name? It might still be there today. It wasn't very big but it made the best damn pizza in town. Anways, here are my fav Defensive players.....

John Parella (played Jr High football against him, he was a beast back then too!)

Trev Alberts

Terry Connealy (That guy could eat a large pizza in 3 mins flat!)

Christian Peter

Mine would have to be guys I used to watch play while attending Nebraska. There used to be a Pizza Parlor that we all would go to after the game and shoot the chit with some of the players. For the life of me I cannot remember the name. Anyone on here attend Lincoln in the early 90's remember the name? It might still be there today. It wasn't very big but it made the best damn pizza in town. Anways, here are my fav Defensive players.....

John Parella (played Jr High football against him, he was a beast back then too!)

Trev Alberts

Christian Peter

Where was it...the pizza parlor that is? I was there in the late 80's early 90's...

DTs

Rich Glover - Two time All American, won both the Outland and Lombardi trophies, placed 3rd in Heisman voting. Bob Devaney called him the greatest defensive player he ever saw. If you want to see one of the best defensive games ever by a Husker watch the 71 game vs Oklahoma. He had 22 tackles vs OUs All American center. Named first team DT on Sports Illustrated all century team.

Hmmm...I hadn't thought of Glover. I recind my previous statement regarding Steve Warren...I'll put him at #2... :)

:bonez:madash:bonez:madash:bonez

Rich Glover

Christian and Jason Peter

Grant Wistrom

Jared Tomich

Tyrell Farley

Jamel Washington

Trev Alberts

Ralph Brown

Mike Minter

Mike brown

Punter: Darin Erstad, Un-recognized MVP of the 1994 National Championship Game, played 01-01-1995. He kept us in the game by making kicks that never allowed Miami to have good field position. The Punter is a Defensive Weapon.

>>>T_O_B

:bonez:madash:bonez:madash:bonez

All of these are very good choices...BUT...I gotta' go with Steve Warren and Terrell Farley. Warren was...IMO...the BEST nose tackle to ever play at Nebraska. And TF...well...'nuff said...

You obviously never saw Rich Glover play. He, along with Tom Novak and Wayne Mehlen, were the all-time best defensive players at Nebraska.

Glover intimidated entire offenses. He was double-teamed, sometimes triple-teamed, on almost every play.

Trev Alberts

Christian Peter

Where was it...the pizza parlor that is? I was there in the late 80's early 90's...

I wanna say around 13th and Q? :dunno Arghh this is going to bug me...

Gotta be Rich Glover. He was 'the man' when I was just a little guy and falling in love with the Huskers for the first time (and also because my dad was going crazy over how great Glover was - "just watch how many guys they put on Rich this time").