Colorado Fanz

What is it that makes sCUm fans sooooo mouthy??? I would love to hear opinions on this. They sign a decent to mediocre class and they are talking national championships in boulder? I am not sure i see the logic.....

and our chest beating would be different then the posts over here talking about being in the hunt for the Big 12 next season after having one of the worse defenses in the history of the school???

Tell me what the difference is and then I will give you my reasons for being mouthy. I eagerly await your response.

you honestly think that you guys are as close to a national title then we are to being in the hunt for the big 12????

Mel, I think a few of my fellow fans have gotten ahead of themselves.

National title remains a distant dream and I think CU's probably a year away from outright contending for the north.

But after last year, you never know. If the Buffs can plug the hole left by Dizon's graduation, our young d-linemen and d-backs live up to their potential (by young I mean guys on the roster last year, not incoming freshman), D. Scott is as explosive as advertised and a talented group of receivers (Simas, Celestine, Smith, Williams, McKnight) really steps it up, then with a few breaks, why not?

I think the same thing could be said for the Huskers. The talent seems to be there. If Ganz proves to be the real deal, replacements on the o-line can be found and the defense... well, we all know the work Bo has ahead of him there... Nebraska should be in the thick of things as well.

Really, I see a four-team dogfight: Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska and Colorado.

K-State, meanwhile, should win the junior-college national championship hands down.

What is it that makes sCUm fans sooooo mouthy??? I would love to hear opinions on this. They sign a decent to mediocre class and they are talking national championships in boulder? I am not sure i see the logic.....

and our chest beating would be different then the posts over here talking about being in the hunt for the Big 12 next season after having one of the worse defenses in the history of the school???

Tell me what the difference is and then I will give you my reasons for being mouthy. I eagerly await your response.

you honestly think that you guys are as close to a national title then we are to being in the hunt for the big 12????

I think there is nothing wrong with being excited about one's recruiting class if you believe it to be good. I believe mine to be a good one. I suspect that you might think yours is pretty decent, are there overzealous fans over at AllBuffs that think a NC is in the near future, perhaps. Are there some overzealous fans here that think the same about their team, perhaps. Really in the overall scheme of things Mel, the difference between 90% of us is that I wear Black and Gold on Saturdays in the Fall and you wear Red and White on Saturdays in the Fall.

Maybe people from Nebraska would look differently upon CU if every time we went there for a road game, we didnt get cups of urine and battery loaded snowballs thrown @ us. Call me crazy. Not to mention slashed tires & spray paint on cars with Neb. license plates. The reason NU fans will never consider sCUm a rival is because they dont have any class. A rivalry should be between two teams with integrity & respect for each other & the game. See NU & OU.

Wow you sure had a lot of bad things happen to you at a football game. When you reported all of this to the Boulder PD what did they say?

It's nothing different than what NU fans did after Callahan's first full class. They pulled an excellent class and probably took NU's two best recruit away, Bryce Givens and Doug Rippy. They have every right to thump there chest.

Givens was a damm fine recruit, but one of our best? Rippy was not even in the top 10 of our best recruits. Heck, the new staff did not even want him back, until he made countless calls begging our staff to let him back in the fold. Once we did, he began to play games again and our staff decided not to pursue that garbage, waste time and play around with a guy who just wanted to play games.

CU's best recruit may not even make the fold if any of the rumors about how they handled Scott's recruitment are true. Hawk may have gotten himself into some hot water over that one. I, for one, will laugh my butt off.

Maybe people from Nebraska would look differently upon CU if every time we went there for a road game, we didnt get cups of urine and battery loaded snowballs thrown @ us. Call me crazy. Not to mention slashed tires & spray paint on cars with Neb. license plates. The reason NU fans will never consider sCUm a rival is because they dont have any class. A rivalry should be between two teams with integrity & respect for each other & the game. See NU & OU.

Wow you sure had a lot of bad things happen to you at a football game. When you reported all of this to the Boulder PD what did they say?

they sprayed us with mace, then told us we weren't welcome in bolder anymore :):sarcasm

It's nothing different than what NU fans did after Callahan's first full class. They pulled an excellent class and probably took NU's two best recruit away, Bryce Givens and Doug Rippy. They have every right to thump there chest.

Givens was a damm fine recruit, but one of our best? Rippy was not even in the top 10 of our best recruits. Heck, the new staff did not even want him back, until he made countless calls begging our staff to let him back in the fold. Once we did, he began to play games again and our staff decided not to pursue that garbage, waste time and play around with a guy who just wanted to play games.

CU's best recruit may not even make the fold if any of the rumors about how they handled Scott's recruitment are true. Hawk may have gotten himself into some hot water over that one. I, for one, will laugh my butt off.

Link please, I would love to see a real link on how we mishandled the recuiting of Darrell Scott because I have been scouring the internet for days and the only thing that I can find is a bunch of whiny posts from Hornfans and the UT rivals site, claming that Scott had given them a verbal yet for months Scott had stated that he wouldn not give a committment until signing day. So, show me a link please.

they sprayed us with mace, then told us we weren't welcome in bolder anymore :):sarcasm

Must have been the Jon Benet cops....

Bottom line is we both think our teams are going to be competitive for the North next season and that's fine because that is why we are fans! Whether we like it or not we have three things in common blind passion, loyalty, and faith in our teams! The nice thing about being fans especially in the off-season is we can come up with unrealistic expectations for our team and think no matter what our team will achieve them. I for one am looking forward to the NC game next season when Nebraska takes on USC. :) There is no doubt our teams hate one another and whether some of you like to admit to it or not this is a rivalry. Rivalries can be based on mutual respect and tradition like NU and OU or they can be based on pure utter hatred for one another and everything their schools are about like NU and CU. The thing is we play CU every year not OU and to constitute a rivalry to me you have to play one another every year. So I would say CU and MU are our rivals. JMO

Bottom line is we both think our teams are going to be competitive for the North next season and that's fine because that is why we are fans! Whether we like it or not we have three things in common blind passion, loyalty, and faith in our teams! The nice thing about being fans especially in the off-season is we can come up with unrealistic expectations for our team and think no matter what our team will achieve them. I for one am looking forward to the NC game next season when Nebraska takes on USC. :) There is no doubt our teams hate one another and whether some of you like to admit to it or not this is a rivalry. Rivalries can be based on mutual respect and tradition like NU and OU or they can be based on pure utter hatred for one another and everything their schools are about like NU and CU. The thing is we play CU every year not OU and to constitute a rivalry to me you have to play one another every year. So I would say CU and MU are our rivals. JMO

:yeah I couldn't have put it any better

See we can agree on something buddy. :thumbs

See we can agree on something buddy. :thumbs

I was just thinking the same thing :)

Looks to me like there are folks in Boulder, Lincoln, wherever who want to have a rational conversation, then there are those who are just p.o.'d and can't get over themselves.

Willie, will you also admit that you're willing to buy anything as long it's negative about CU without any thought to how wild and unsubstantiated the claims? Seriously. when, in a couple weeks time all of these rumors add up to squat, will you come back on this forum and admit you were wrong?

To be fair, I'll do exactly that if any of the crap being peddled is ever proven. Until you're willing to do the same I question your membership among the class group of fans that most of America knows reside in Nebraska.

I have a long memory. I'll be waiting.

Link please, I would love to see a real link on how we mishandled the recuiting of Darrell Scott because I have been scouring the internet for days and the only thing that I can find is a bunch of whiny posts from Hornfans and the UT rivals site, claming that Scott had given them a verbal yet for months Scott had stated that he wouldn not give a committment until signing day. So, show me a link please.

In Nebraska, there is this website called 'Google'. You see, you can type in someones name and it can pop up with all kinds of news. Strange how far advanced technology is today, eh?

In 5 seconds of searching Google, you can find all about the rumors surrounding the recruitment of Scott ..

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008...gning-of-scott/

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...s.95b18592.html