Colorado Fanz

By the way Willie, and anyone else interested, here's a link to an interesting article about the whole situation: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/07/sports/n...amp;oref=slogin

For what it's worth, the main allegation is that Darrell Scott's mother was given a job at a Boulder bank in exchange for delivering her son to CU.

Fair enough. That should be pretty darn easy to prove, if true. First, she'd have to move from SoCal to Boulder. Second, that would mean she'd have to leave her job as the director of an OB/Gyn center in LA. Third, she'd have to be on the payroll of the bank. Fourth, given the bright lights shining on CU following the Neuheisel and Barnett years, Hawkins would have to be out of his mind to even get a speeding ticket much less resort to dirty tactics in recruiting one of the top recruits in the country in one of most public processes imaginable.

Dumb is one thing. Suicidal is another.

Ok. That's one side of the story. I and every other CU fan, coach, player, alum and official is waiting for the other...

Nice Willie. We have google, too. We're just smart enough not believe everything we find there.

Remember, friend, these are peoples' lives you're playing with. It's pretty easy to be an anonymous Internet poster spreading rumors. It's quite another thing to prove any of the accusations you've become party to.

What kind of person do you want to be?

Nice Willie. We have google, too. We're just smart enough not believe everything we find there.

Remember, friend, these are peoples' lives you're playing with. It's pretty easy to be an anonymous Internet poster spreading rumors. It's quite another thing to prove any of the accusations you've become party to.

those are newspaper articles.....not internet rumors..... if you dont want him posting them....dont ask for a link

By the way Willie, and anyone else interested, here's a link to an interesting article about the whole situation: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/07/sports/n...amp;oref=slogin

For what it's worth, the main allegation is that Darrell Scott's mother was given a job at a Boulder bank in exchange for delivering her son to CU .

Fair enough. That should be pretty darn easy to prove, if true. First, she'd have to move from SoCal to Boulder. Second, that would mean she'd have to leave her job as the director of an OB/Gyn center in LA. Third, she'd have to be on the payroll of the bank. Fourth, given the bright lights shining on CU following the Neuheisel and Barnett years, Hawkins would have to be out of his mind to even get a speeding ticket much less resort to dirty tactics in recruiting one of the top recruits in the country in one of most public processes imaginable.

Dumb is one thing. Suicidal is another.

Ok. That's one side of the story. I and every other CU fan, coach, player, alum and official is waiting for the other...

The only one found shady in the article sounded like the High school asst.

That's right mel. And in none does there seem to be the slightest evidence of wrongdoing by anyone other than Sonsini, as Redsteel notes. In fact, however, each of those newspaper articles was written in response to the Internet rumors previously mentioned. If you'd actually read the articles I wouldn't have to point that out.

Look, this could go back and forth forever. Fact is if Texas really has evidence of anything, I'm sure they'll let the NCAA know and then we'll actually have some actionable assertions to go on. In the meantime, the only folks giving these reports any credence are folks who - like Willie, it seems - simply hate CU. Maybe you fit that bill as well.

If so, that's fair. I understand the mere mention of CU makes some Husker fans see red just as some Buff fans bust a gut at the thought of Nebraska. Just don't confuse your hatred with righteousness.

They're recruiting class, on paper, is better than ours.

So I guess right now they have a little room to talk smack, especially since some of our top recruits turncoat to boulder.

according to what?

on paper... according to scout...

21. Nebraska 28 Big 12 2992 1 1 2 16 15 13 0 26 2 2.79

27. Colorado 20 Big 12 2623 3 2 3 10 10 10 0 19 1 3.10

last time i checked, it was better to be in 21st than 27th.......

They're recruiting class, on paper, is better than ours.

So I guess right now they have a little room to talk smack, especially since some of our top recruits turncoat to boulder.

according to what?

on paper... according to scout...

21. Nebraska 28 Big 12 2992 1 1 2 16 15 13 0 26 2 2.79

27. Colorado 20 Big 12 2623 3 2 3 10 10 10 0 19 1 3.10

last time i checked, it was better to be in 21st than 27th.......

I think it all depends on which recruiting service you rely on. Some have CU at 15th and us at 30th. I don't really care because we'll find out which team is better come November just like we always do. :box

Or I could be the random internet tough guy. But I see that job is already taken.

In any case, there is a term that is always coined, "where there is smoke, there is usually fire."

I find it funny that Buff fans become so defensive in these cases. If you are not worried, then let the B12 and NCAA do their investigation. You should be cleared in no time and the Longhorn fan base becomes a laughing stock. But possibly, you could have quite a bit harsher punishment than the current probation you are doing.

But hey, no one should have talked about Katie Hnida at the time, because you are playing with internet rumors. We especially should not talk about those free meals, either. DAMMED RUMORS!

:lol:

Well I for one am not worried about anything. If there truly was a problem the Austin American Statesman would have come out all over this but they have not. If there was a problem then the NCAA would have issued a statement of investigation. If there was a problem then we would have had a statement from the UT Athletic Department. The only true problem with the DS recruitment was that it does appear that Scott gave two silent verbals and when he choose CU over UT this really pissed off a lot of Horns. So onward and upward and let's look forward to a great season of college football in 2008!!!

That's right mel. And in none does there seem to be the slightest evidence of wrongdoing by anyone other than Sonsini, as Redsteel notes. In fact, however, each of those newspaper articles was written in response to the Internet rumors previously mentioned. If you'd actually read the articles I wouldn't have to point that out.

Look, this could go back and forth forever. Fact is if Texas really has evidence of anything, I'm sure they'll let the NCAA know and then we'll actually have some actionable assertions to go on. In the meantime, the only folks giving these reports any credence are folks who - like Willie, it seems - simply hate CU. Maybe you fit that bill as well.

If so, that's fair. I understand the mere mention of CU makes some Husker fans see red just as some Buff fans bust a gut at the thought of Nebraska. Just don't confuse your hatred with righteousness.

my point is that if its already in numerous newspapers..... its not like willie is doing any type of damage to this kid by posting that. there might have been some CU hate mixed in there, but lets not go overboard.

^

There will always be CU hate in every post by a Husker, simply because 95% (notice I did not say all) of their fan base are some of the most classless and distasteful people you can ever cross.

But in this instance, it was me merely reporting what has been talked about by numerous news outlets. Now if that makes me rumor mongering, then I think EtR and OKC should change my user title on here to suit me more perfectly.

^

There will always be CU hate in every post by a Husker, simply because 95% (notice I did not say all) of their fan base are some of the most classless and distasteful people you can ever cross.

But in this instance, it was me merely reporting what has been talked about by numerous news outlets. Now if that makes me rumor mongering, then I think EtR and OKC should change my user title on here to suit me more perfectly.

Was that percentage a scientific study or your best guess?

What is it that makes sCUm fans sooooo mouthy??? I would love to hear opinions on this. They sign a decent to mediocre class and they are talking national championships in boulder? I am not sure i see the logic.....

Tell me about it!

I live in Colorado and thats all I've heard this week. Its the lack of oxygen for those tiny boulder brains that makes them think there special!