Colorado Fanz

Willie,

You have interesting logic. I guess the best way to respond is that perhaps the biggest reason CU has a new coach, a new AD and a new president is because of the scandals you reference.

So if you're suggesting CU is guilty in regard to Darrell Scott on the basis of past issues, that's quite a leap considering none of the same folks are involved.

So, to set the record straight and get back on topic, CU fans aren't worried. Far from it. We're really excited: program's headed in the right direction, a good core of important players returns from last season, the coaches put together a really good recruiting class filled not just with athletes but solid students/citizens, there is unprecedented (for CU) enthusiasm among alumni, GPA and graduation rates among players are at all-time highs and steps have been and continue to be taken to control those elements that have given the school a black eye.

Seriously, hope you all will make the trip to Boulder in 2009, that it's a safe and enjoyable one for you (except for the result on the field) and that it's a game that determines the Big XII North champion.

What is it that makes sCUm fans sooooo mouthy??? I would love to hear opinions on this. They sign a decent to mediocre class and they are talking national championships in boulder? I am not sure i see the logic.....

Tell me about it!

I live in Colorado and thats all I've heard this week. Its the lack of oxygen for those tiny boulder brains that makes them think there special!

rivals.com has CU with 15th top recruiting class, we came in at #30. they had a good recruiting season and they will only make the north a tougher conference to play in. that is a good thing, whether you like CU or not.

What is it that makes sCUm fans sooooo mouthy??? I would love to hear opinions on this. They sign a decent to mediocre class and they are talking national championships in boulder? I am not sure i see the logic.....

Tell me about it!

I live in Colorado and thats all I've heard this week. Its the lack of oxygen for those tiny boulder brains that makes them think there special!

I know this could be a stretch on my part, but if you live in Colorado, wouldn't it be somewhat likely that you would have heard a good deal about CU last week? I live in Alabama and I can assure that all I heard last week was how great Alabama's recruiting class was. I understand where I live and I know that Alabama/Auburn stuff will always take precedence over any team that I root for.

^

There will always be CU hate in every post by a Husker, simply because 95% (notice I did not say all) of their fan base are some of the most classless and distasteful people you can ever cross.

But in this instance, it was me merely reporting what has been talked about by numerous news outlets. Now if that makes me rumor mongering, then I think EtR and OKC should change my user title on here to suit me more perfectly.

Was that percentage a scientific study or your best guess?

Scientific study.

Willie,

You have interesting logic. I guess the best way to respond is that perhaps the biggest reason CU has a new coach, a new AD and a new president is because of the scandals you reference.

So if you're suggesting CU is guilty in regard to Darrell Scott on the basis of past issues, that's quite a leap considering none of the same folks are involved.

So, to set the record straight and get back on topic, CU fans aren't worried. Far from it. We're really excited: program's headed in the right direction, a good core of important players returns from last season, the coaches put together a really good recruiting class filled not just with athletes but solid students/citizens, there is unprecedented (for CU) enthusiasm among alumni, GPA and graduation rates among players are at all-time highs and steps have been and continue to be taken to control those elements that have given the school a black eye.

Seriously, hope you all will make the trip to Boulder in 2009, that it's a safe and enjoyable one for you (except for the result on the field) and that it's a game that determines the Big XII North champion.

Dude, you are complete naive if you believe you are incapable of paying off a recruit.

I will say it right here and now, Nebraska does the same thing. So does Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and every other school across the nation. It is the extent of how you do it and how obvious you make it.

Just because that staff is gone does not mean that the same things do not occur. That is just retarded logic.

Considering how many times teams get caught just for giving meals I doubt Most schools are paying players to play. <_<

I would suggest who ever is paying Nebraska players that he does the following two things.

1. Ask for a refund from any player that was being paid in the last 4 years. :ahhhhhhhh

2. Start paying better so Nebraska can have a impact player. :box:madash

Considering how many times teams get caught just for giving meals I doubt Most schools are paying players to play. <_<

Then you need to spend time on a college campus and more time around football players.

The only time schools get caught is when Steve Spurrier is willing to rat someone out or it just becomes blatantly obvious because of a school or players stupidity showing it for everyone to see.

For example -- the Oklahoma situation. Just imagine how long that had went on before Bomar was there. If not for the whistle blower (who discussed this months before on an A&M board mind you), what do you think the odds the NCAA would have found that out?

I think sports are starting to become a very sad state of affairs. With everything we have seen with the MLB's steroid scandals and the Patriots Spygate in the NFL, it now seems to be the common place for people when they do not get their way to accuse people of cheating. I look back to Lance Armstrong and how the French accused him of doping. I watched the other day how Roger Clemens's reputation will forever be damaged by a guy who seems to not have any grapse of the truth. Several Longhorns and a few people have giggled over the thought that somehow we cheated to get Darrel Scott and yet there is no evidence only rumor and speculation. Even the Horns' #1 candidate that they beleived that would explain how anyone in their right mind would not choose UT over CU unless they cheated was dismissed as recruiting coordinator at St. Bonaventure. I am one that wants the outcome decided on the field. I do not wish NU be accused of any allegations, I do not wish Clemens to be accused of any wrongdoing, I do not wish Bonds to be accused of any wrongdoing, I just prefer my sports to be the one thing I can count on for my entertainment.

I think sports are starting to become a very sad state of affairs. With everything we have seen with the MLB's steroid scandals and the Patriots Spygate in the NFL, it now seems to be the common place for people when they do not get their way to accuse people of cheating. I look back to Lance Armstrong and how the French accused him of doping. I watched the other day how Roger Clemens's reputation will forever be damaged by a guy who seems to not have any grapse of the truth. Several Longhorns and a few people have giggled over the thought that somehow we cheated to get Darrel Scott and yet there is no evidence only rumor and speculation. Even the Horns' #1 candidate that they beleived that would explain how anyone in their right mind would not choose UT over CU unless they cheated was dismissed as recruiting coordinator at St. Bonaventure. I am one that wants the outcome decided on the field. I do not wish NU be accused of any allegations, I do not wish Clemens to be accused of any wrongdoing, I do not wish Bonds to be accused of any wrongdoing, I just prefer my sports to be the one thing I can count on for my entertainment.

While I may not see eye-to-eye with you on every issue, I think this was very well said, and I agree with this statement.

+1

QFT