2008 SEASON PREDICTIONS (lets here the people

2 0 0 8 S C H E D U L E

04/19 Red vs. White W. for RED haha just a joke to start

08/30 Western Mich. W

09/06 San Jose St. W

09/13 New Mexico St. W

09/27 Virginia Tech I dunno. close game I hope a win!

10/04 Missouri W, for sure if we beat va tech

10/11 @ Texas Tech W????

10/18 @ Iowa State W

10/25 Baylor W

11/01 @ Oklahoma L

11/08 Kansas W

11/15 @ Kansas St. W

11/28 or 29 Colorado W

12/06 Big 12 Champ.????? if we go that means we most likely beat Mizzou, kansas, and colorado. our opponent would be.... i dunno il say Oklahoma, its hard to beat a team twice in one season but still long way from going to the game in the first place.

X / X Bowl game ?????? NO CLUE I HOPE ITS THE NCG ahah but wow we are a long shot

PEOPLE I understand this is a hopeful scedule prediction, but why not join the optimist for once. SO LETS HERE YOUR PREDICTIONS

08/30 Western Mich. - W

09/06 San Jose St. - W

09/13 New Mexico St. - W

09/27 Virginia Tech - W

10/04 Missouri - L

10/11 @ Texas Tech - L

10/18 @ Iowa State - W

10/25 Baylor - W

11/01 @ Oklahoma - L

11/08 Kansas - W

11/15 @ Kansas St. - W

11/28 or 29 Colorado - W

HAHA ya well mine was hopeful yours was realistic, il take 9-3

no, yours was insane... his was hopeful...

7-5 is realistic..

no offense.....

Yeah...here's realistic:

08/30 Western Mich. - W

09/06 San Jose St. - W

09/13 New Mexico St. - W

09/27 Virginia Tech - L

10/04 Missouri - L

10/11 @ Texas Tech - L

10/18 @ Iowa State - W

10/25 Baylor - W

11/01 @ Oklahoma - L

11/08 Kansas - L

11/15 @ Kansas St. - W

11/28 or 29 Colorado - W

But, you never know.

08/30 Western Mich. - W

09/06 San Jose St. - W

09/13 New Mexico St. - W

09/27 Virginia Tech - W

10/04 Missouri - L

10/11 @ Texas Tech - L

10/18 @ Iowa State - W

10/25 Baylor - W

11/01 @ Oklahoma - L

11/08 Kansas - W

11/15 @ Kansas St. - W

11/28 or 29 Colorado - W

HAHA ya well mine was hopeful yours was realistic, il take 9-3

no, yours was insane... his was hopeful...

7-5 is realistic..

no offense.....

HAHA true fact, but I do it every season, but no offense I am confused. We finished 11th offense overall last year. Now your goin to say thats because the numbers were agaisnt the bad teams. Not really 5 of our games we had 30+ points against teams that include kansas and USC, 3 of our games we scored 50+. Now your going to say look who we lost, well we still have Lucky, Glenn, some of our Oline, we have Niles Paul who I can see doing good things, Nate Swift, who needs to work on seperation, but he has the size(and then some) and he has the hands. I think people are underrating our offensive \

And I would like to add, 7-5 isn't realistic thats pesimistic, thats us losing every big game we have. We might as well just settle for being 4th in the north and 9th in the big 12, also being an unranked team, who isnt even receiving one vote to be in the top 25

2 0 0 8 S C H E D U L E

08/30 Western Mich. W

09/06 San Jose St. W

09/13 New Mexico St. W

10/11 @ Texas Tech W????

10/18 @ Iowa State W

10/25 Baylor W

11/01 @ Oklahoma L

11/08 Kansas W

11/15 @ Kansas St. W

11/28 or 29 Colorado W

12/06 Big 12 Champ.????? if we go that means we most likely beat Mizzou, kansas, and colorado. our opponent would be.... i dunno il say Oklahoma, its hard to beat a team twice in one season but still long way from going to the game in the first place.

X / X Bowl game ?????? NO CLUE I HOPE ITS THE NCG ahah but wow we are a long shot

PEOPLE I understand this is a hopeful scedule prediction, but why not join the optimist for once. SO LETS HERE YOUR PREDICTIONS

You're unsure about Virginia Tech (pre-season ranked #17) but confident about a loaded Mizzou team (pre-season #8), returning 9 defensive starters along with a legit Heisman candidate and Jeremy (Your Worst Nightmare) Maclin?

Pass the Kool-Aid. (invented in Nebraska)

2 0 0 8 S C H E D U L E

08/30 Western Mich. W

09/06 San Jose St. W

09/13 New Mexico St. W

10/11 @ Texas Tech W????

10/18 @ Iowa State W

10/25 Baylor W

11/01 @ Oklahoma L

11/08 Kansas W

11/15 @ Kansas St. W

11/28 or 29 Colorado W

You're unsure about Virginia Tech (pre-season ranked #17) but confident about a loaded Mizzou team (pre-season #8), returning 9 defensive starters along with a legit Heisman candidate and Jeremy (Your Worst Nightmare) Maclin?

Pass the Kool-Aid. (invented in Nebraska)

Not confident about Mizzou, This game is huge for both sides Mizzou wants to end their losing streak in Lincoln, and nebraska wants to pay Mizzou back for picking away at at our commits due to us well sucking haha and well the big reason, we lost big last year, now wanna beat you this year, if we beat Va tech i said it will be a win, if we beat Va tech, I think the energy created by that will give us ability to win that game and start steam rolling conference play. but on the down side, we have va tech, mizzou, and t tech in a row, three very tough games for a NU team who is in a uphill battle for the National Spotlight again. If we loss the first two i will give up on the thrid game and i think our season could look like 6-6. I am an optimist thoughl

HAHA true fact, but I do it every season, but no offense I am confused. We finished 11th offense overall last year. Now your goin to say thats because the numbers were agaisnt the bad teams. Not really 5 of our games we had 30+ points against teams that include kansas and USC, 3 of our games we scored 50+. Now your going to say look who we lost, well we still have Lucky, Glenn, some of our Oline, we have Niles Paul who I can see doing good things, Nate Swift, who needs to work on seperation, but he has the size(and then some) and he has the hands. I think people are underrating our offensive \

Yeah...11th ranked offense and went 5-7.....and your argument is that our offense will be the same as last year, so 9-3 is probable?!

I don't think anyone is underrating the offense, the question is can we stop anyone?

I think our defense will improve a bit this year. The D-line should come closer to their potential with a year of experience starting and the secondary should be about the same or better than last year. We lose a lot of LBs though. Overall the whole D should be better motivated under Pelini.

If this progress does happen on defense, I think 7-5 is the likely outcome. Maybe we steal a home game against Mizzou/Kansas/VT or win a shootout with TT for 8-4.

Western Mich. - W

San Jose St. - W

New Mexico St. - W

Va. Tech - W

Mizzou - W <_<

@T-Tech - L

@ISU - W

Baylor - W

@ OU - L

Kansas - W

@KSU - W

Colorado - W

If Nu beats Missou they will not lose to Tech. It really depends on how well the defense comes out in the first 4 games. Those teams should not be able to score more then 10 points unless Nebraska up far enough to allow the 2nd and 3rd teams to come in and give up worthless points. (Kind of like what Nu did during the USC game).

V-tech known more for their Defense and Special teams rather then their Offense. Watching their first game last year and their Orange bowl bid I saw no drastic improvement in their offense. Now if Nebraska ends up giving a lot of points to them that will be a warning that some of the players still don't believe in themselves and the Missery game might get ugly.

It all hinges on the defense believing in themselves. Until they do I hesitate a guess of what their record might be.

Western Mich. - W 38-13

San Jose St. - W 45-17

New Mexico St. - W 63-7

Va. Tech - W 24 - 3

Mizzou - W 38-24

@T-Tech - W 38-37

@ISU - W 47-17

Baylor - W 63-13

@ OU - L 17-28

Kansas - W 42-38

@KSU - W 49-17

Colorado - W 38-13

Big 12 Championship vs OU Loss 21-24

Cotton Bowl vs Alabama W 31-21

Western Mich. - W 38-13

San Jose St. - W 45-17

New Mexico St. - W 63-7

Va. Tech - W 24 - 3

Mizzou - W 38-24

@T-Tech - W 38-37

@ISU - W 47-17

Baylor - W 63-13

@ OU - L 17-28

Kansas - W 42-38

@KSU - W 49-17

Colorado - W 38-13

Big 12 Championship vs OU Loss 21-24

Cotton Bowl vs Alabama W 31-21

So basically we'll have Missouri's 2007 season? I highly doubt it.

To be honest i think it will be like the 06 season where the Big 12 North will be a toss up we might lose a couple but i think MU and KU will too so who knows, but Oklahoma is going to be the best team in the Big 12 for sure but they always have one game where they implode so with luck maybe that will be against NU in the Big 12 championship :thumbs

Heres my prediticions

Long Shot- 11-1 loss to OU

Hopeful- 10-2 loss to OU and either loss to KU or MU

Realistic- 9-3 loss to 3 teams above