2008 SEASON PREDICTIONS (lets here the people

08/30 Western Mich. W

09/06 San Jose St. W

09/13 New Mexico St. W

09/27 Virginia Tech L

10/04 Missouri L (unfortunately, history doesn't win ball games)

10/11 @ Texas Tech L

10/18 @ Iowa State W

10/25 Baylor W

11/01 @ Oklahoma L

11/08 Kansas L (I think we could win this one, though)

11/15 @ Kansas St. W

11/28 or 29 Colorado W (I think that it's quite feasible to lost one of these last two, though, especially @KSU)

All in all, 8-4 is my best-case scenario prediction.

*In my defense though, we haven't seen our team play a single down. I don't know how Ganz will respond to Watson's calling the plays. Hell, we could be 4-0 heading into the home showdown with Missouri.

If Ganz can handle the offense (I assume we'll pretty much keep the same schemes), and our defense improves significantly...I think all games will be "winnable" up to Oklahoma.

Based on last-year's team, though...7-5/6-6 seems most likely. This schedule isn't the easiest...despite 8 of them being at home.

Don't hate me.

08/30 Western Mich. W

09/06 San Jose St. W (this one could be interesting)

09/13 New Mexico St. W

09/27 Virginia Tech L

10/11 @ Texas Tech L

10/18 @ Iowa State W

10/25 Baylor W

11/01 @ Oklahoma L

11/15 @ Kansas St. W

11/28 or 29 Colorado W (I think that it's quite feasible to lost one of these last two, though, especially @KSU)

*In my defense though, we haven't seen our team play a single down. I don't know how Ganz will respond to Watson's calling the plays. Hell, we could be 4-0 heading into the home showdown with Missouri.

If Ganz can handle the offense (I assume we'll pretty much keep the same schemes), and our defense improves significantly...I think all games will be "winnable" up to Oklahoma.

Based on last-year's team, though...7-5/6-6 seems most likely. This schedule isn't the easiest...despite 8 of them being at home.

Don't hate me.

I would pick the same as you, with the possible exception of K-State. Big 12 teams are tough to beat at home late in the season, unless they've been beaten up on all season. I see NU going 6-6. On the plus side, any key injuries and KU could slide out of contention and could be a win here in Lincoln.

I really hope those that are letting the people who think a 9-3 prediction is a fantasy world have to eat their comments this season. I think 9-3 is every bit as reasonable as predicting 7-5.

Trust me, I'd love to eat my comments. I'm simply trying to be as objective as I can...I don't want to be negative...

The only thing that helps us next year is that we have Bo overhauling our defense (which could make a huge impact).

Though, we lost our starting LBs and DBs.

I do think we had more talent than what was displayed on defense last year...that's where BP comes in.

We all know we can score...we don't lost much on offense, but if we can't stop teams on defense?

We allowed 76-36-65 in our last three KU-KSU-CU. With Ganz at the helm, we scored 39-73-51.

We shouldn't lose games when we score 39 or 51 points. That's my biggest concern.

*Edit - I'm super-excited about our offense.

If we can keep up our the production we saw over our last 3 games with Ganz as our starter, and our defense can consistently stop teams...9-3 certainly isn't out of the question. But that significant of a defensive improvement is a HUGE task.

I don't see why people say it is so impossible to have a 9-10 win season next year. Lets look at the schedule....

08/30 Western Mich. ------------------- W 1-0

09/06 San Jose St. --------------------- W 2-0

09/13 New Mexico St. ------------------ W 3-0

09/27 Virginia Tech -------------------- W 4-0

10/04 Missouri -------------------------- L 4-1

10/11 @ Texas Tech ------------------- W 5-1

10/18 @ Iowa State ------------------- W 6-1

10/25 Baylor --------------------------- W 7-1

11/01 @ Oklahoma -------------------- L 7-2

11/08 Kansas -------------------------- W 8-2

11/15 @ Kansas St. ------------------ W 9-2

11/28 or 29 Colorado ---------------- W W 10-2

I am saying Kansas win and Mizzou loss, but really i think we win one of those and lose the other. I hope its Kansas we beat, so I don't have to put up with their BS.. because I live in lawrence.

I see 2 sure losses and 5-6 gimmies.

2 sure losses: (KU/MU) and OU

Gimmies: Western Mich, San Jose, NMS, ISU, Baylor, (KSU or CU)

The rest are toss ups, and since most of the games are at home I see no reason why we cant go 10-2 this season. I will not make a prediction on the bowl game till I found out who we play and I see how our season is going first.

I don't see why people say it is so impossible to have a 9-10 win season next year. Lets look at the schedule....

08/30 Western Mich. ------------------- W 1-0

09/06 San Jose St. --------------------- W 2-0

09/13 New Mexico St. ------------------ W 3-0

09/27 Virginia Tech -------------------- W 4-0

10/04 Missouri -------------------------- L 4-1

10/11 @ Texas Tech ------------------- W 5-1

10/18 @ Iowa State ------------------- L 5-2

10/25 Baylor --------------------------- W 7-1

11/01 @ Oklahoma -------------------- L 7-2

11/08 Kansas -------------------------- W 8-2

11/15 @ Kansas St. ------------------ W 9-2

11/28 or 29 Colorado ---------------- W W 10-2

I am saying Kansas win and Mizzou loss, but really i think we win one of those and lose the other. I hope its Kansas we beat, so I don't have to put up with their BS.. because I live in lawrence.

I see 2 sure losses and 5-6 gimmies.

2 sure losses: (KU/MU) and OU

Gimmies: Western Mich, San Jose, NMS, ISU, Baylor, (KSU or CU)

The rest are toss ups, and since most of the games are at home I see no reason why we cant go 10-2 this season. I will not make a prediction on the bowl game till I found out who we play and I see how our season is going first.

Fixed that for you.... <_<

08/30 Western Mich. W

09/06 San Jose St. W

09/13 New Mexico St. W

09/27 Virginia Tech L

10/11 @ Texas Tech L

10/18 @ Iowa State L

10/25 Baylor W

11/01 @ Oklahoma L

11/15 @ Kansas St. W

Don't hate me.

And fixed that for YOU.... <_<