2008 SEASON PREDICTIONS (lets here the people

HAHA true fact, but I do it every season, but no offense I am confused. We finished 11th offense overall last year. Now your goin to say thats because the numbers were agaisnt the bad teams. Not really 5 of our games we had 30+ points against teams that include kansas and USC, 3 of our games we scored 50+. Now your going to say look who we lost, well we still have Lucky, Glenn, some of our Oline, we have Niles Paul who I can see doing good things, Nate Swift, who needs to work on seperation, but he has the size(and then some) and he has the hands. I think people are underrating our offensive \

And I would like to add, 7-5 isn't realistic thats pesimistic, thats us losing every big game we have. We might as well just settle for being 4th in the north and 9th in the big 12, also being an unranked team, who isnt even receiving one vote to be in the top 25

:wtf Folks these are predictions (pure opinion) why argue someone's opinion??

I'll post mine for the third or fourth time here.

But it's my opinion and really don't want to argue about it.

-- just for my entertainment only

-- unbelieveably early!!

-- totally worthless.

Western Michigan Broncos Aug 30-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln WIN

San Jose State Spartans Sept 6-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln WIN

New Mexico State Aggies Sept 13-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln WIN

Virginia Tech Hokies Sept 27-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln LOSS too much talent

Missouri Tigers Oct 4-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln LOSS MU is looking good

Texas Tech Red Raiders Oct 11-TBA Jones AT&T Stadium / Lubbock LOSS road game

Iowa State Cyclones Oct 18-TBA Jack Trice Stadium / Ames WIN

Baylor Bears Oct 25-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln WIN

Oklahoma Sooners Nov 1-TBA Memorial Stadium / Norman LOSS it's OU

Kansas Jayhawks Nov 8-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln LOSS KU is turning the corner

Kansas State Wildcats Nov 15-Bill Snyder Stadium / Manhattan WIN

Colorado Buffaloes Nov 28 or 29-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln LOSS CU is coming around

this is my expectations for a returning 5-7 team with a new coaching staff.

AGAIN-- JMO!!

GO BO!!

08/30 Western Mich. - W

09/06 San Jose St. - W

09/13 New Mexico St. - W

09/27 Virginia Tech - L

10/04 Missouri - L

10/11 @ Texas Tech - L

10/18 @ Iowa State - W

10/25 Baylor - W

11/01 @ Oklahoma - L

11/08 Kansas - W

11/15 @ Kansas St. - W

11/28 or 29 Colorado - L

7-5 Indy Bowl against Ole Miss with a Cornhusker win.

08/30 Western Mich. - W

09/06 San Jose St. - W

09/13 New Mexico St. - W

09/27 Virginia Tech - L

10/04 Missouri - L

10/11 @ Texas Tech - L

10/18 @ Iowa State - W

10/25 Baylor - W

11/01 @ Oklahoma - L

11/08 Kansas - W

11/15 @ Kansas St. - W

11/28 or 29 Colorado - L

I like your call, but I could see a few games marked as losses going our way.....I know I'm probly guilty of drinking the Bo Kool-Aid here, but I could see us beating Va Tech (I know, I know, I need to temper my expectations). But the thing is, linebackers Xavier Adibi and Vince Hall are both gone, along with end Chris Ellis and cornerback Brandon Flowers. And this is a team that was completely shut down by Bo's LSU defense last year, 48-7. Now, I understand that LSU won a national title and we set records for defensive futility, so I'm not expecting us to magically be a fantastic defense this year. But I do think that their personnel losses coupled with an improved Husker defense can make this a close game, a game that will get Lincoln going and maybe pull off an upset. (I also think that that we'll lose to Kansas but beat CU). So my prediction is 8-4 with a bid to the Alamo bowl. A bit optimistic maybe, but hey, hope springs eternal.

08/30 Western Mich. - W

09/06 San Jose St. - W

09/13 New Mexico St. - W

09/27 Virginia Tech - L

10/04 Missouri - L

10/11 @ Texas Tech - L

10/18 @ Iowa State - W

10/25 Baylor - W

11/01 @ Oklahoma - L

11/08 Kansas - W

11/15 @ Kansas St. - W

11/28 or 29 Colorado - L

I like your call, but I could see a few games marked as losses going our way.....I know I'm probly guilty of drinking the Bo Kool-Aid here, but I could see us beating Va Tech (I know, I know, I need to temper my expectations). But the thing is, linebackers Xavier Adibi and Vince Hall are both gone, along with end Chris Ellis and cornerback Brandon Flowers. And this is a team that was completely shut down by Bo's LSU defense last year, 48-7. Now, I understand that LSU won a national title and we set records for defensive futility, so I'm not expecting us to magically be a fantastic defense this year. But I do think that their personnel losses coupled with an improved Husker defense can make this a close game, a game that will get Lincoln going and maybe pull off an upset. (I also think that that we'll lose to Kansas but beat CU). So my prediction is 8-4 with a bid to the Alamo bowl. A bit optimistic maybe, but hey, hope springs eternal.

I am sure that you guys will be favored when you play us because I think our records and play will be quite similiar but I cannot pick against my school when we are playing you :)

I really hope those that are letting the people who think a 9-3 prediction is a fantasy world have to eat their comments this season. I think 9-3 is every bit as reasonable as predicting 7-5.

I think you're right. Who would have thought CU would beat OU this past season? Who would have thought Stanford would beat USC? A couple of key injuries could really hurt some teams this next year. If Reesing gets hurt the first part of the season, KU won't look nearly as good in the North. They play the games because nothing is a sure win.

I really hope those that are letting the people who think a 9-3 prediction is a fantasy world have to eat their comments this season. I think 9-3 is every bit as reasonable as predicting 7-5.

I think you're right. Who would have thought CU would beat OU this past season? Who would have thought Stanford would beat USC? A couple of key injuries could really hurt some teams this next year. If Reesing gets hurt the first part of the season, KU won't look nearly as good in the North. They play the games because nothing is a sure win.

I'm hopeful, but I dont really know what to expect. It just seemed like those that were predicting a "good" record were gettin' the business even though theres nothing concrete to back up either prediction. I'm optimistic because I believe the D will be turned around much like Bo did it in '03. If this is to be the case, I see NU beating VT since their offense is not great and their secondary will downgrade despite Macho Harris's return. I also see KU slipping a bit due to a much tougher sched, key losses on D and loss of D coordinator. I think Mizzou is the real deal, but are they that good, or was that a magical season? I think KU was great, but I dont think they were as elite as their record last year would indicate. So while I give KU as a good win for Mizzou, it wasnt like that was a USC or LSU they were facing. The one true elite team they faced, OU, they had 2 shots at, lost both, and wasnt even compeitive in one of them. Mizzou, KU, and VT arent close to unbeatable as far as I'm concerned.

Let's see...after 14 concrete W-L predictions we have

W Michigan - 14 W - 0 L

San Jose State - 14 W - 0 L

New Mexico State - 14 W - 0 L

Virginia Tech - 6 W - 8 L...what a show of confidence... <_<

Missouri - 4 W - 10 L...Whimps... <_<

Texas Tech - 4 W- 10 L...Pathetic... <_<

Iowa State - 14 W - 0 L...You are all delusional... <_<

Baylor - 14 W - 0 L...This one you probably got right....

Oklahoma - 0 W - 14 L...I hope Bo isn't reading this right now.... :angry:

Kansas - 9 W - 5 L....At Lincoln????

Kansas State - 14 W - 0 L...How nice...lumped in with KSU and Baylor... :angry:

Colorado - 11 W - 3 L...Three drunk guys on the forum...? <_<

That's a ration of 8.4 Wins to 3.57 Loses per predictor which, after rounding fractions to the nearest whole number...leads to an overall compiled average prediction of an 8 W - 4 L season.

This is a reasonable assumption to make until we figure in the variable which is ISU. When we take those 14 certain victories off the board (since all of the guesses here will prove to be totally WRONG) and add them to the loss column where they properly belong, the overall compiled average is a 7 W - 5 L season....which is, of course, the correct estimate as to how the season will play out.

That being said...the next time you all lump my Cyclones in with the likes of Western Michigan, San Jose State, New Mexico State, Baylor and Kansas State I'm going to give you all a big collective wedgie.... :angry:

Guys, whenever we try to be "realistic", we are always "hopeful."

Remember last year? A lot of people, me included, was like "I think we'll take one of USC and Texas." And those who didn't said, "We'll lose those two and one other we're not supposed to lose."

Yeah, for me the issue is definitional. I think realistic means possible. 9-3, 10-2 are possible/realistic. But, what record is most probable, in other words, most likely? 7-5/8-4.

• 2 weeks later...

2 0 0 8 S C H E D U L E

04/19 Red vs. White W. for RED haha just a joke to start

08/30 Western Mich. W

09/06 San Jose St. W

09/13 New Mexico St. W

09/27 Virginia Tech L i dont know if we'll have to move the ball on them. this is the best D we will see this year

10/04 Missouri W

10/11 @ Texas Tech L/W Crabtree with be hard to stop

10/18 @ Iowa State W

10/25 Baylor W

11/01 @ Oklahoma L Could be a good game if we can stop tht great run game

11/08 Kansas W I think they had a luckish year so I think we can shut them down IN THE SEA OF RED

11/15 @ Kansas St. W

11/28 or 29 Colorado W

12/06 Big 12 Champ.????? It's alot to expect but i think its 5% possible

X / X Bowl game ?????? A mid range bowl from the cotton bowl the the Holiday bowl

so 8-4 to 9-3, 9-3 is alot to ask for a first year coach but i think Bo can Get the defense going

I think 9-3 or 8-4 is a realistic expectation. Confidence and momentum plays alot in a season (ask Kansas and Mizzou). If we beat Virginia Tech look out! If we get blown out (see USC) it could get ugly. I think we can score some points, but like 07' it will all depend on our ability to stop people.

Why are Nebraska fans the best in the country? Because we can love our team and still be realistic!

Bo is the right guy! We will start talking conference championships, and BCS bids in the not so distant future! :koolaid2:

2 0 0 8 S C H E D U L E

04/19 Red vs. White W. for RED haha just a joke to start

08/30 Western Mich. W

09/06 San Jose St. W

09/13 New Mexico St. W

09/27 Virginia Tech I dunno. close game I hope a win!

10/04 Missouri W, for sure if we beat va tech

10/11 @ Texas Tech W????

10/18 @ Iowa State W

10/25 Baylor W

11/01 @ Oklahoma L

11/08 Kansas W

11/15 @ Kansas St. W

11/28 or 29 Colorado W

12/06 Big 12 Champ.????? if we go that means we most likely beat Mizzou, kansas, and colorado. our opponent would be.... i dunno il say Oklahoma, its hard to beat a team twice in one season but still long way from going to the game in the first place.

X / X Bowl game ?????? NO CLUE I HOPE ITS THE NCG ahah but wow we are a long shot

PEOPLE I understand this is a hopeful scedule prediction, but why not join the optimist for once. SO LETS HERE YOUR PREDICTIONS

- Three games before Virginia Tech so that our new defense and new/sort of new quarterback can get experience.

- A bye week before VT

- Missouri tagged as homecoming for a bit of extra energy

- No rough road game stretches

- Our three toughest Big XII North foes are at home

The biggest negatives I see are that both Missouri and Kansas come after other tough games, but no schedule is perfect. Better than last year where we had 3 out of 4 road games to end the season.

08/30 Western Michigan - W

09/06 San Jose State - W

09/13 New Mexico State - W

09/27 Virginia Tech - W

10/04 Missouri - L

10/11 @ Texas Tech - W

10/18 @ Iowa State - L

10/25 Baylor - W

11/01 @ Oklahoma - W

11/08 Kansas - W

11/15 @ Kansas State - L

11/28 Colorado - W

9-3 With an unexpected win over OU and an unexpected loss to ISU.

08/30 Western Michigan - W

09/06 San Jose State - W

09/13 New Mexico State - W

09/27 Virginia Tech - W

10/04 Missouri - L

10/11 @ Texas Tech - W

10/18 @ Iowa State - L

10/25 Baylor - W

11/01 @ Oklahoma - W

11/08 Kansas - W

11/15 @ Kansas State - L

11/28 Colorado - W

9-3 With an unexpected win over OU and an unexpected loss to ISU.

Finallty...a voice of sanity amongst all you lunatics...