Worst Fans in Big 12: NU # 4??

Blackshirt

i would imagine that nebraksa is ranked so high because its against our nature as the worlds best fans to bash other fans. sure, we vent a little on message boards, but thats about it. when you take nebraskas fans out of the picture (which im sure weve already established as being 80 percent of internet voters), the results WILL seem skewed.

I, myself, have a couple of teams, as everyone knows, that I cannot stand their fans...namely Missouri, KSU, and definately CU. However much I may vent my aggravation with them on this board, among other Husker fans, I would never try to "ruin their day" by being an ass to them at one of our home games.

I have never seen one of our fans (maybe I have been sheltered) be rude without provocation (and rarely then) to a fan from another team. Husker fans are generally very pleasant to our opposing fans, and even helpful, ie give advice for hotels and good places to hangout before or after the game when their fans come on our board.

The only time that I have ever seen any opposing teams flamed on this board is when they come in asking for it by being total butt heads. I have not found that to be true going on other teams boards - once they find out your a Nebraska fan it is like throwing a steak into a pen full of starving dogs.

I don't get why Missouri isn't higher on the list either....they are rude!

Yeah I agree. Im definitely not suggesting we artificially inflate the polls, I couldve done that already, I was just surprised that MU of all places wasn't getting the cred they deserve.

mizzou fans will put a vote down for nebraska just becasue of the 30+ years of domination they had endure at the hands of doctor tom and the huskers of old.

i work with bunch of mizzou fans and their biggest gripe about nebraska is about how spoiled nebraska fans are about the team. by 'spoiled' they mean how nebraska fans have high expectations each year and every year and think that it's irrational to show that type of commitment to a college football team.

i guess it's a cultural thing.

sCUm fans are on the blog just bad mouthing Nebraska to death, showing their true colors and jealousy for the class Nebraska fans have over sCUm fans. I think it is only a couple of guys, but boy are they ragging on anyone from Nebraska that posts.

The problem with that site is that there will never really be a true assessment of the fans from any particular team when people can vote more than once, and teams that don't have loyal fans won't cast votes for anyone else anyway. It will either be the good fans or the really obnoxious fans that vote, no in between.

I remember in HS they used to have sportsmanship awards to the school that showed the most class. Too bad they don't do something like that in college ball, where all the visiting fans fill out a card and express their opinions on the home teams fans and facilities. I have a feeling that the sCUm voters have actually never been to Lincoln to experience our fans. They keep bringing up the one instance where a death threat was phoned into Cosgrove, and that is all they can bring up. Anytime they talk about the game experience in Lincoln, you can tell they have never been to one of our games or around our fans.

sCUm fans deserve to be atop that poll...no doubt in my mind what so ever. Evidently nobody had told Missouri fans about the poll yet, or I am sure they would be on there voting for us also....but then they like CU about as much as we do, so maybe they are throwing their votes to them too.